PDA

View Full Version : Veteran DM Looking to Play for a Change

JohnD
September 27th, 2015, 05:47
I'd like to join a game, preferably something that will run for a while. I love DMing but sometimes, after years and years and years, one just wants to be able to connect and have some fun as a player. Happy to play in a weekly game or every 2nd week if that works best (it certainly does when I run games).

I'm in Central time zone. Evening availability hypothetically any night except for Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.

Earliest start is 8 PM. Latest stop would depend on the night, but Saturday would probably be no later than midnight. Other nights of the week would have a latest stop of say 11 PM at the latest.

I'm happiest with Castles & Crusades, but 3.5e, Rolemaster, Savage Worlds (depending on the genre) and even 5E can also grab my attention.

I want to join a group where current members already have figured out how to play nicely in the sandbox.

damned
September 27th, 2015, 10:01
JohnD - fancy getting up real early Saturday?

JohnD
September 27th, 2015, 16:43
How early is "real early"?

damned
September 28th, 2015, 00:40
How early is "real early"?

0430-0830am! I think in a couple of weeks it will be 0630-1030am

JohnD
September 28th, 2015, 01:53
Oooh... insomnia says I'm awake anyways, brain tells me I need to at least try and sleep. Thanks for the offer though!

MikeParham
September 28th, 2015, 02:02
I've room in our campaign for one or two experienced roleplayers, particularly a fresh GM! We have several but are accustomed to each other over the many years together. Unfortunately our game starts at 1830 Eastern (1900 at the latest) and is using a 13th Age ruleset, which we are currently porting over to FG.

If you ever find yourself able to play a bit earlier, let me know! :-)

taoistpunk
September 30th, 2015, 17:39
Hey John,

I have an opening in my Sunday CnC game. EST 7:30p to 10P...though we usually don't roll until 8EST. It tends to end around 10p. We play every other Sunday, so it's not currently a weekly game. I'm not a stickler for rules, but prefer a more freeflow, roleplaying approach. Character and Story development are key...but the combats are fun, a bit on the swift side...and not the focus.

I enjoyed talking with you/playing with you (even though it was brief...I certainly hope things have been better for you at home).

Lemme know...

Howard/Taoistpunk