PDA

View Full Version : Item Sheet

Morik
September 24th, 2015, 06:34
There isn't an Item Sheet for 5E on the wiki. Where can I find more info on this. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out the Type and Subtype for several items. Can someone give a brief explanation of these fields. I mean, I've seen them for items from the PHB. I'm wondering about things like gems, rings, magic items...

For instance, I understand that Winged Boots are a Wondrous Item. Is that a Type or Sub-type? What goes in the other field. What about the Uncommon tag?

Just curious because I haven't seen this anywhere (though I probably missed it).

Morik
September 24th, 2015, 06:52
I'm currently doing magic items as:

Winged Boots
Type: Wondrous item
Subtype: Uncommon

Still not sure about gems and other items though.

kylania
September 24th, 2015, 14:48
The only place I've found these documented is the PAR5E docs:

Subtypes for Adventuring Gear can include Ammunition, Arcane Focus, Druidic Focus, Holy Symbol, Equipment Kits, Equipment Packs and Standard.

Subtypes for Armor can include Light Armor, Medium Armor, Heavy Armor and Shield.

Subtypes for Weapons can include Simple Melee Weapons, Simple Ranged Weapons, Martial Weapons, Martial
Ranged Weapons.

Subtypes for Tools can include Artisan’s Tools, Gaming Set, Musical Instruments.

Subtypes for Mounts & Animals can include Mounts & Animals.

Subtypes for WATERBORNE vehicles can include Surface Vehicles.

Subtypes for Tack, Harness can include Tack and Harness, Drawn Vehicles, Saddle.

Magical Item types can include Armor, Armor(*), Boots, Gauntlets, Oil, Potion, Ring, Rod, Scroll, Staff, Wand, Weapon and Wondrous Item. Magic Item subtype would probably be it's Rarity? There is an actual "Magic Item" item type you can create via parse with that field, but not one you can add on the fly in the program that I can see.

All of that said, almost none of this matters. Armor and Weapon types will open up new fields like AC and Damage and the like, but most of it is all ignored from what I can see. Also magic items are probably going to change once the DMG is available, so I wouldn't worry too much about this yet.

Moon Wizard
September 24th, 2015, 18:26
I just took a browse through the ruleset code. Here are the current mechanical differences based on those fields. The guidelines in Par5E are good as well, since we may add more updates in the future based on those types (which were taken from the rulebooks).

If the Type field is "Weapon", then there are extra weapon fields in the item sheet. Also, when the item is dropped on a PC, a weapon entry is created on the action tab.
(Note: If Subtype is "Ammunition, the weapon entry creation will be skipped. This is the only thing subtype is used for right now.)

If the Type field is "Armor", then there are extra armor fields in the item sheet.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
September 24th, 2015, 18:33
Indeed, as Kylania says you don't need to sweat this too much and FG doesn't really do very much with the categories at the moment - so it's mainly for your own and the players edification.

The types and subtypes can be found in the PHB and the DMG. So in the equipment lists you will find for example Armour as a type and light armour as a subtype (magical armour would be the same). My view of the DMG would have Magic Items as a type and the subtype would be Wondrous, Potion, Scroll, Wand etc etc. I would just treat weapons and armour the same as if they were mundane items because if you classify something as a weapon or armour you get boxes for AC, damage etc.

Also as Kylania says we are hoping that the DMG will have a new front end for handling magic items.

Good grief, now I'm being ninja'd by Moon Wizard as well as Trenloe :)

Morik
September 25th, 2015, 02:37
OK, asking this here because I hate cluttering the forums with new threads :)

Does Fantasy Grounds take coins into consideration for Encumbrance? It doesn't seem to, but I was wondering if there was a way to toggle this on or something.

kylania
September 25th, 2015, 03:00
You could always just create a new inventory item, call it 'coins' and give it whatever weight you wanted. Might even be able to do that via extension to automate it maybe?

Zacchaeus
September 25th, 2015, 12:06
OK, asking this here because I hate cluttering the forums with new threads :)

Does Fantasy Grounds take coins into consideration for Encumbrance? It doesn't seem to, but I was wondering if there was a way to toggle this on or something.

Sounds like you would be interested in this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25610-Coin-Size-amp-Mass-Results-amp-Recommendations-From-An-Investigation) post.

Morik
September 25th, 2015, 22:47
Sounds like you would be interested in this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25610-Coin-Size-amp-Mass-Results-amp-Recommendations-From-An-Investigation) post.

OK, yeah, that was awesome :) And bookmarked:) Thank you.

Also, I might use Kylania's suggestion about making the coin item. Great idea. tyvm