PDA

View Full Version : Signing in to a game as GM when you aren't the host?

Coanunn
September 22nd, 2015, 23:39
Ok, so just as the title suggests and while I think I know the answer is it possible to sign in as a GM from a separate computer than the one hosting the game? I have server set up in my home that I'd like to use for hosting the game and connect from my main desktop as GM in order to run the game. This way I could run the game but keep my desktop's resources free for things like pod-casting the event, screen captures, or even just surfing the web and my pdf library during play. I have seen nothing that leads me to believe this is currently an option. If it indeed is not is there any idea if it's a feature that might be included in the future?

Moon Wizard
September 22nd, 2015, 23:42
It's not currently an option. You can vote on it in the wish list in my sig.

Cheers,
JPG

Nickademus
September 22nd, 2015, 23:42
This host is the GM. Fantasy Grounds views them as the same thing.

Trenloe
September 22nd, 2015, 23:43
For Fantasy Grounds the GM instance is always the host. You can do some kind of remote desktop/VNC access to the server computer to view the desktop running there, but performance/screen refresh may not be great.

damned
September 23rd, 2015, 00:53
For Fantasy Grounds the GM instance is always the host. You can do some kind of remote desktop/VNC access to the server computer to view the desktop running there, but performance/screen refresh may not be great.

I have done this just as a test - the host was on a nice fast 400mbps link so the connection was good - but Ive never used it that way properly.