PDA

View Full Version : Overlapping Effects

TinCanKing
September 21st, 2015, 06:45
I tried searching to see if anyone else had asked this, but didn't have any luck. The paladin in my party has an effect for his Aura of Protection. It's simply, "Aura of Protection; SAVE: 4", and has been working fine. In our last session, he picked up a Belt of Hill Giant Strength. I decided to have him create an effect instead of changing the Strength score on his character sheet, so its, "Belt of Hill Giant Strength; STR: 3." Separately, these have been working perfectly well. However, when he makes Strength saving throws, he only gets +4 instead of +5.

Is this a current limitation of FG, or a mistake on our part? If it's a mistake on our part, what are we doing wrong? I don't want to change the Aura to SAVE: 5, as he can and often does apply it to other players, and I don't want to create extra work or confusion for him if I can avoid it.

Trenloe
September 21st, 2015, 07:03
It's a known issue - ability effects don't get added to ability saves. You can code as STR:3; SAVE: 1 strength until it gets fixed (hopefully in the next release).

TinCanKing
September 21st, 2015, 07:08
Thanks, Trenloe! That worked.

Draca
September 21st, 2015, 07:09
I tried this , and everything worked except the modifier to saving throws from the increase in strength.

One work around would be to add a effect like this for the belt. STR: 3; Save: 1 strength

That worked for me.

Too slow lol

TinCanKing
September 22nd, 2015, 05:49
Haha, I still appreciate the response!