PDA

View Full Version : Help adding implement to 4e character sheet

bullywug
September 19th, 2015, 23:31
Well, after dozens of hours trying to figure out Fantasy Grounds things seemed to be going well. That is until today. I was adding my first player character sheet. I've learned not to fight the software if a field doesn't work because I'm probably using it wrong. This time however, I can't figure out how to use it right.
When I got to the combat tab and tried to add my players implement it said I could drag it from the module so I found the proper implement in the 4e module, checked that it was right and then grabbed the maroon dot next to the name of the implement (it's just a basic orb) and drug it over to the blank area under weapons. Nothing happened. I tried clicking the button at the top to make it so I could add items thinking maybe that was it but no help. I tried adding a blank item and leaving it open and dragging the thing over but that didn't work either.
So I'm hoping someone can explain to me what I'm doing wrong.

midas
September 20th, 2015, 00:16
Drag it to the Inventory tab, though you may already see it there if you dragged it already.

damned
September 20th, 2015, 02:54
Yup - what midas says - when you drag items into the Inventory that are marked as weapons they will create the attacks for you :)
You can add additional attacks or modify them here but to add items that are also actual inventory items do it via the inventory and it will do the Encumbrance too.

bullywug
September 20th, 2015, 12:42
Drag it to the Inventory tab, though you may already see it there if you dragged it already.

Thank you for your response. Dragging the items from the module to inventory does indeed add the items to inventory but I was trying to add the items to the Weapons/Implements list on the combat tab. Sorry I wasn't clear. I've tried doing as you said but the items do not show up on the Weapons/Implements screen. The section says "Drop weapon or implement links from modules or use list management buttons to add entries." I'm trying to determine if there's a problems with the software/module or if I simply don't understand how to use this software...again.

bullywug
September 20th, 2015, 12:53
Okay, so I figured out that it works on weapons but it seem to ignore implements, at least mundane implements which I think I get why. Thanks for your help.

damned
September 21st, 2015, 08:20
Its also possible a recent CoreRPG update might have impacted this feature as I get a number of small errors on firing up one of the PCs in the demo module with 4e...?