PDA

View Full Version : Adv & dsv rolls

Morgentaler
September 19th, 2015, 19:47
Is there a way to get both die rolls to show? As with the lucky feat allows to retold 1s. Though with just one. No way to see the other.

Zacchaeus
September 19th, 2015, 21:52
You do see (briefly) both die values in the chat if you look closely, but only the winning die is used and shown in the calculation. But, no, you don't see both. And I can't think of any reason you'd need/want to.

darrenan
September 19th, 2015, 21:55
The Lucky feat doesn't say anything about re-rolling 1's. It just gives you extra d20 rolls.

Zacchaeus
September 19th, 2015, 21:59
The Lucky feat doesn't say anything about re-rolling 1's. It just gives you extra d20 rolls.

I think he may mean the halflings Lucky trait.

darrenan
September 19th, 2015, 22:01
my bad.

TinCanKing
September 20th, 2015, 05:15
This would really matter most with advantage, where you don't pass the check. If the lesser roll was a one, rerolling it could mean you pass a roll you were going to fail. It would be great to see both rolls, though this needs to a suggestion.

Morgentaler
September 20th, 2015, 05:41
Yes half-ling feat..will teach me to post from my phone :).

I am aware of seeing both rolls briefly..but as a DM to have a record of it for those odd moments when things like that are relevant.

Zacchaeus
September 20th, 2015, 11:37
This would really matter most with advantage, where you don't pass the check. If the lesser roll was a one, rerolling it could mean you pass a roll you were going to fail. It would be great to see both rolls, though this needs to a suggestion.

There is probably plenty of time to see the second dice before it fades, unless, as sometimes happens, they land on top of one another. I'm nor sure if this would count as a 'bug', but you could report it in the bugs list and you should also post it in the suggestions list.

Perhaps what is needed is for the dice not to fade away so quickly but then the dice box might start to get a bit cluttered. Another possibility is that if a 1 is rolled on the other dice some kind of output goes to chat.

Having said all of that this is a super situational thing, and probably very rare and I'd expect that there wouldn't be an easy solution and so I wouldn't be expecting this to be high on any priority lists.

midas
September 20th, 2015, 15:42
I see this as just punishing halflings, which I'm fully in favor of. ;)

MrJeff
October 2nd, 2015, 03:11
I wouldn't mind some more advanced options for /die.. 2d20k1 (two d20, keep 1 ) Also useful when rolling stats with 4d6k3.

k - keep # highest
l - lose # highest
e - explode on crit?

damned
October 2nd, 2015, 05:42
I wouldn't mind some more advanced options for /die.. 2d20k1 (two d20, keep 1 ) Also useful when rolling stats with 4d6k3.

k - keep # highest
l - lose # highest
e - explode on crit?

please vote for it on https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/
type in dice and wait for it to filter the list and then vote!

Zacchaeus
October 2nd, 2015, 13:55
I see people asking for and talking about exploding dice. What is an exploding dice?

midas
October 2nd, 2015, 14:00
In this context they probably means making it automatically roll max dmg on crit or so. When I see it I think of exploding dice in Savage Worlds where when you roll max number on a die it automatically rolls another (and another if that one rolls max, etc).

Gumbi.ZA
October 2nd, 2015, 14:05
...When I see it I think of exploding dice in Savage Worlds where when you roll max number on a die it automatically rolls another (and another if that one rolls max, etc).

I've known this to be called "open ended"

Is there not an effect that can be created where if a role is 1 that it auto rerolls, I know there is for damage

JohnD
October 2nd, 2015, 14:07
I see people asking for and talking about exploding dice. What is an exploding dice?

Similar to the open ended low and open ended high d% of Rolemaster.

MrJeff
October 2nd, 2015, 14:10
There are/were two stages of brutal weapons that reroll on low rolls. First is reroll any ones, second it reroll any ones or twos.

damned
October 2nd, 2015, 14:23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGkRQjt9hVc

Zacchaeus
October 2nd, 2015, 18:13
Cheers for the replies, since I haven't played these other games I'm none the wiser :)

Well, ok I am a little.