PDA

View Full Version : Wish you a map ;-p

Hermundure
September 18th, 2015, 14:14
Hey all,

today I got my latest digital painting assignment done a few hours earlier than planned so I think I will invest this time to do someone a favour ;-)

The first one who sends me a mail with the following infos will get a map (no battle map) painted by me:

- some sketch with the rough layout of the land mass(es)
- important places / villages / castles / dungeons with the appropriate names written above them
- possible borders of kingdoms etc. drawn in
- some length-scale (to show distance between places) if you want a grid or hex-grid on top (choose none or one)

Lets go! :-)

kylania
September 18th, 2015, 14:30
Have any examples of your work available?

Hermundure
September 18th, 2015, 18:54
After talking a bit about the preferred style on skype - in this case a quick "drawn-on-sheet-of-fabric" approach (unfortunately without city and landmark names, I would love to know how all these places are called, hehe) - I got this little island map done for Vanessa.
It has been a lot of fun, thank you! ;-)

Zacchaeus
September 18th, 2015, 19:29
Nice work indeed.

kylania
September 18th, 2015, 19:36
Love the texture on that map. Great work!

damned
September 18th, 2015, 23:55
Nice work Hermandure!

Crymoricus
September 20th, 2015, 05:39
Cool map. Also a worthwhile skill. Campaign Cartographer? That's one piece of software that makes me shake my head in defeat and walk away.

Morgentaler
September 20th, 2015, 06:04
Cool map. Also a worthwhile skill. Campaign Cartographer? That's one piece of software that makes me shake my head in defeat and walk away.

Yep I'll take photoshop over CC3 anyday lol.

kylania
September 20th, 2015, 06:05

It's a lot easier than it seems at first. Here's a quick and dirty map (https://i.imgur.com/hpAJpxz.jpg) that I made after just a few days messing around with the software.

Morgentaler
September 20th, 2015, 06:08
Hmm maybe i need to give it another look..yet I just need a good set of objects and use PS lol.

Crymoricus
September 20th, 2015, 06:37
Hmm maybe i need to give it another look..yet I just need a good set of objects and use PS lol.

Good luck with it, Morgen. I salute you. :p

As for Kylania: nice map, and no thanks. I gave it a go for a few hours once, took three steps away from the comp, stopped dead in my tracks and thought, "Wow, I just spent hours making myself feel like an idiot."

Hermundure
September 20th, 2015, 11:48

Thank you :-)

It has been done in Photoshop CC 2015.