PDA

View Full Version : License problem

Larhalt
September 18th, 2015, 12:11
Hello,
after reinstall, I insert my ultimate (monthly) license but FG still says "FREE".

Nylanfs
September 18th, 2015, 13:16
Did you cancel your sub after you started it? There's an issue with paypal in that as soon as you cancel the sub they send an automated message to FG's servers and cancel your license. Email [email protected] if this is the case and Doug will get you fixed up.

Larhalt
September 18th, 2015, 13:31
No, I renew this morning the subscription and the money are correctly subtracted from Paypal.

damned
September 18th, 2015, 13:36
Try running FantasyGrounds.exe as Administrator and putting your key in again.

Larhalt
September 18th, 2015, 13:46
I always run it as administrator. I already reinstalled twice with no luck :(

damned
September 18th, 2015, 13:50
And what about running the UpdaterEngine.exe as administrator directly?
Also check in your registry under HKCU->Software->FantasyGrounds->2.0 can you see your license in there?
How many other entries can you see in there?

Larhalt
September 18th, 2015, 14:09
I don't have a license field in the registry. Which is the name, so I add it manually?

If I remove the key, no problem. If I add it (through "Activate License" or in the setting window) there is the button "Update Available" red.

damned
September 18th, 2015, 14:37
You probably don't have the permissions that you need.
Is your current user an Admin user?
Please try elevate your user to an Admin and then install FG.
Don't just "run as Admin" as that isnt working.

Larhalt
September 18th, 2015, 14:39
Yes, I have the Admin right, and no, I set the "Run as Administrator" in the compatibility tabs

Larhalt
September 18th, 2015, 14:45
Ok, now it works. I've removed everything from the registry and in the folder. Now I have back my ultimate license. Thank you for you time and patience, damned.