PDA

View Full Version : Can't Get started

daeomer
September 18th, 2015, 04:39
Hi There,

Ok to start with...thank you in advance, and I know nothing about setting up network connections etc. (and sorry in advance). I've browsed through the forums to see what I can uncover but nothing I have tried seems to work. So with that in mind...here is a summary of where I am at. I am in Canada and use Rogers as my provider. The modem is a Hitron modem. I am trying to host a game with four other people, all at their own homes.

1. I tried to create a new campaign. When I run the connection test I get a failure message. As indicated in the connection test, I may need to configure my firewall and/or router to accept and forward connections on port 1802.

2. I tried canyouseeme.org...and it could not detect port 1802 using the internal or external address.

3. I opened up my browser and connected to the router using both the internal and external addresses provided. under the "port forwarding" tab, I can see that port 1802 is enabled for both and fantasy grounds appears.

I don't know what to do from here.

I would appreciate any help available. Let me know if additional information is required.
Thanks!

damned
September 18th, 2015, 04:51
Send me a PM and I will have a look with you.

Dragontail
November 20th, 2015, 16:16
Damned i need help with this again as well. I got rid of my second network and the stuff you did is still there for the rogers part but it doesnt work anymore :(

Dragontail
November 20th, 2015, 16:19
and nevermind i forgot to change the ip address lol

damned
November 21st, 2015, 06:00
Sorry Dragontail - and one other - worked late and had a tough mudder today... im back if you need some help :)
Glad you got it sorted!

JohnD
November 22nd, 2015, 07:55
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/57993447.jpg