PDA

View Full Version : Interview With Doug Davison from Fantasy Grounds on Wed 9/23/15 10pm EST

David32780
September 17th, 2015, 17:41
Hey everyone on the FG forums. I will be having Doug live on my stream next Wed night on 9/23/15 at 10pm EST. Well be talking about Fantasy Grounds, and hopefully hear some news on the new FG program coming out in the future.

www.twitch.tv/table_topping

I wanted to jump on the FG forums and let everyone know in case you guys and gals have any questions for Doug the night of the stream.

A little about myself.

I have been playing tabletop games since 1984 and have always loved them. The last few years I started playing D&D and other games online because of the lack of players in my area. So I found FG back in 2013. Unfortunately I had a bad experience the first time with FG back in 2013 (Savage Worlds and Castles & Crusades) after purchasing some of the content. I was having a lot of problems with FG and ultimately gave up on it. I had even just got into a Castles & Crusades text game and left that because of the problems I was having with the software. My son then showed me Roll20 and that is what used for two years since the experience I had with FG.

I stream three to four games a week on my partnered Twitch channel and several months back quite a few of my viewers were asking if I had seen that FG had gotten a license with WoTC to make the plugins for 5e. Remembering my attempt at FG a couple of years ago I shrugged it off and continued to use Roll20 until I had a conversation on one of my DM workshop nights and found out the program went through a lot of major overhauls and changes so I decided to check it out again. So, I checked it out and man, was I amazed on how different FG was from when I last tried it a few years back. I have since let my Roll20 account expire, converted and moved all of my games over to FG and have not looked back since. lol

I really think the future is looking bright for Fantasy Grounds and would love to try to give it more exposure to the folks on Twitch. Every night I see comments like, "WOW, what is David using now!" So, I just sent em this way.

Thanks everyone for reading and hope to see you guys Wed night at 10pm EST!
David

FSHSchmo
September 17th, 2015, 17:54
Hey Dave! Looking forward to seeing this interview and hearing what Doug has to say :D

David32780
September 17th, 2015, 18:05
Yea, same Schmo

ddavison
September 17th, 2015, 20:08
I've been brushing up on my profanity in preparation. (just kidding)

Willot
September 17th, 2015, 20:34
I've been brushing up on my profanity in preparation. (just kidding)

No your not! ;)

ddavison
September 17th, 2015, 20:47
Well... corporate taxes were due on the 15th (since we extend each year), so several of them were fresh on my mind already.

David32780
September 17th, 2015, 20:58
hahaha, let it all go Doug! Were mostly adults in chat!

JohnD
September 17th, 2015, 20:59
Farging bastiges I hate taxes. Will be looking forward to the interview.

David32780
September 23rd, 2015, 23:45
Hope to see everyone at 10pm EST for the interview with Doug.

Bring your questions for Doug, well be doing a Q&A also.

dulux-oz
September 26th, 2015, 14:54
Hope to see everyone at 10pm EST for the interview with Doug.

Bring your questions for Doug, well be doing a Q&A also.

Nice interview dave and doug - I think it worked well :)

Cheers

David32780
September 26th, 2015, 20:15
Thanks Dulux, I thought it worked out well also!

Loucifer
September 28th, 2015, 17:51
Is this interview saved anywhere for those of us who couldn't make the live feed?

Zacchaeus
September 28th, 2015, 18:02
Follow the link in the first post.

Nylanfs
September 28th, 2015, 18:08
Yep, it's on youtube. Let me find the link

Nylanfs
September 28th, 2015, 18:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PH8yEaMf6o

David32780
September 29th, 2015, 03:29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PH8yEaMf6o

Thanks Nylanfs

damned
September 29th, 2015, 03:32
sent you a PM.

Crymoricus
September 30th, 2015, 00:27
Dave, you are a damned good interviewer. Too many times there's too much talking over and interrupting the interviewee from amateur interviewers. Really a top-notch job on both sides. Really enjoyed it.

David32780
September 30th, 2015, 00:53
Dave, you are a damned good interviewer. Too many times there's too much talking over and interrupting the interviewee from amateur interviewers. Really a top-notch job on both sides. Really enjoyed it.

Thanks Crymoricus!