PDA

View Full Version : New to RPGs LFG to play D&D5e or Pathfinder on Friday evenings after 6pm UK time

Helliaff
September 17th, 2015, 11:37
Hi and thanks for reading.

I am new to RPGs well I say new I currently play a Monk on roll20.net the adventure is Lost Mines of Phandelvar. I also play on a Monday night with a local group who play AD&D 2e. Both of these were only started about a month - 6 weeks ago. I am looking for a group to play D&D5e or Pathfinder on Friday evenings after 6pm UK time. I have never used fantasy grounds but if I can get into a game I will purchase it.

Thanks
Tony

dulux-oz
September 17th, 2015, 11:57
Hi Tony, and Welcome! to the FG Community.

It shouldn't take you too long to find a game, so be patient and hang in there. In the meantime, you should consider joining in one of the 1-shot games that are run at the (semi-)regular Cons and Weekend events that are held - all you need is the demo license for FG as a lot of GMs have the Ultimate license - or you could consider the monthly subscription for $4.

Another thing you can do (if you haven't already) is check-out the Tutorial Videos on the FG Wiki - damned's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below). Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the basis of just about all of the RPGs we play with FG, and so you'll learn about 80% of everything you'll need to know to play any RPG with FG.

Cheers

damned
September 17th, 2015, 12:34
Welcome Helliaf - check out https://www.gamergeekend.org/events/ for a one shot this weekend.