PDA

View Full Version : WotC closing forums

Nylanfs
September 17th, 2015, 02:13
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/wizards-coast-community-forums-be-shut-down-2015-09-16

Welcome to all the immigrates. :)

Goltron
September 17th, 2015, 02:27
I dipped my toes in on them forums and didn't find it as pleasant as it is here.

Mask_of_winter
September 17th, 2015, 02:28
You mean refugees?
*hands out water bottles and blankets*

leozelig
September 18th, 2015, 01:13
I dipped my toes in on them forums and didn't find it as pleasant as it is here.

I had a similar experience, lots of strong opinions to put it politely.

Ferrin
September 18th, 2015, 16:45
What kinda ticks me off about it, WotC used to host old adventure modules from previous versions. You could skim through and download one, it was great. But no more! I have no idea what is going on over there, but it seems to me that they are focusing on becoming a more commercial entity. Their website is all about moving product now, kinda sad really.

jshauber
September 18th, 2015, 17:28
What kinda ticks me off about it, WotC used to host old adventure modules from previous versions. You could skim through and download one, it was great. But no more! I have no idea what is going on over there, but it seems to me that they are focusing on becoming a more commercial entity. Their website is all about moving product now, kinda sad really.

They are owned by Hasbro, so yeah, wonder why....

JohnD
September 18th, 2015, 17:44
Why let people download an old module for free when you can get them to pay for the PDF instead?

kylania
September 18th, 2015, 18:19
Why let people download an old module for free when you can get them to pay for the PDF instead?

Because I'm much more likely to buy from someone and tell others to do the same when I'm not nickel and dimed to destitution by a company. Give me free stuff and I'll buy way more than I would have otherwise from you.

Nylanfs
September 18th, 2015, 19:02
People, lets try and keep it more positive.

Ferrin
September 24th, 2015, 18:41
I dont see that there is much positive about a corporate entity picking a beloved community apart, whilst putting the squeeze on us to buy their new content by removing the only reasons they get so much traffic in the first place! Old dragon magazine archives and adv modules... They are downsizing their expenses, i get that, but i feel they are downsizing the wrong part of the ip. That is just how i feel about it.

Crymoricus
September 26th, 2015, 20:52
I can't blame WoTC for closing their forum one bit -- I already exhausted all the blame I had in me when it comes to WoTC long ago.