PDA

View Full Version : Effects? Bear's Endurance and Elemental Affinity

johnblaise
September 17th, 2015, 01:35
I could use some help with the coding for these. Here's what I have that doesn't work.

Bear's Endurance; ADVCHK: constitution; HEAL: 2d6 TEMP

Elemental Affinity;IF:TYPE:fire;DMG:[CHA]

In both cases, these half work. I can get the Con advantage going and the Cha bonus to damage going. But I can't get the temps working and I can't limit the bonus to just fire type effects.

OneSidedDie
September 17th, 2015, 03:10
For bears endurance you would have the spell have two separate effects. The first one you have with the con save. Then right click in the spell and add in a healing effect. Should be able to go into the details and change it to temp healing.

For elemental affinity it is currently impossible to do with an effect. The TYPE conditional is for creature type
IFT: TYPE(beast);DMG:2d6
If target is a beast add two six sided dice to damage rolls.
If you go into the damage details of each spell there should be an option to add cha to damage. Takes a few steps to set up but you only have to do it once per spell.

Zacchaeus
September 17th, 2015, 14:01
If you drag the Enhance Ability spell onto the characters action tab it actually parses the temporary hit points part for you. To set up temp heal for yourself right click on the spell and select add action and then add heal from the context menus. This will create a new line marked heal. Click on the little magnifying glass at the end of the row to bring up the dialog. Click on the box next to type to change 'HP' to 'TEMP', then click on the brown button next to the word Heal. This will bring up a green button, click on it to add a new line. Select whatever dice you need from the dice stack and then drag and drop it into the dice box. Click on the Stat box to cycle through the stat if that is needed and add any bonus if that is required. Finish editing (click the little brown dot again), and you have your new effect. To use it drag and drop it onto the target

As OneSidedDice says the heal part will need to be on a separate entry from the ADVCHK: constitution part.

For elemental affinity you will again need two entries. The first is for the damage. You will add the damage as you have discovered using DMG: [CHA]. When setting up the effect change the 'Expend?' box to 'on next roll'. In order to use this the player will drag the effect onto their character in the combat tracker just before damage is rolled. The player will then do whatever extra damage they should do according to their CHA modifier. There's no need to specify the damage type since that will be determined by whatever the spell damage type is.

For the second part of Elemental Affinity you will want an effect using the RESIST keyword. If the resistance will be from fire then it will simply be RESIST: fire. Set the Duration to 60 MIN, and leave everything else as it is. To use drag the effect onto the player. By setting the timing in minutes the effect will count down and disappear if the party take a short rest. Otherwise your player will have to calculate when the effect ends.