PDA

View Full Version : 5E DMG Did I Miss It

Blackwolf
September 16th, 2015, 07:55
Has this Been released yet? What's the status, wasn't slotted for back at GEN CON?

damned
September 16th, 2015, 11:39
Has this Been released yet? What's the status, wasn't slotted for back at GEN CON?

It wasnt slotted for release at Gen Con.
It is not just a conversion of the text and tables - there are changes to the ruleset to accommodate some of the new options and features in the DMG. Its a big job.
It is slatted for release... when its ready :)

Blackwolf
September 16th, 2015, 18:18
So that is just short of the end of the universe then. As I recall they said it was in the hands of WoC for review and approval. before GEN Con. So your Saying that was All smoke and mirrors ignore the man behind the curtain.

Zacchaeus
September 16th, 2015, 18:28
Unfortunately one of the very small team of developers suffered a real life emergency (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24341-5E-Dungeon-Master-Guide-Release-Date/page4) which has put the DMG behind schedule. So perhaps not so much smoke and mirrors.

damned
September 17th, 2015, 05:02
So that is just short of the end of the universe then. As I recall they said it was in the hands of WoC for review and approval. before GEN Con. So your Saying that was All smoke and mirrors ignore the man behind the curtain.

Im almost positive that the statements about the holdup being with the Wizards were made by community members and not by anyone on the SmiteWorks team. SW posted that they did have internal delays due to real life issues etc and that the delay was NOT with the Wizards.

epithet
September 17th, 2015, 07:08
Yeah, that was me. I guessed. I guessed wrong. It happens. A lot, actually.

I did specify at the time that it was a guess, though. Not sure why anyone took it as fact. Hell, when I say "this is a fact" I normally get the response of "I doubt it." Of course, I'm married--that comes with the territory.

damned
September 17th, 2015, 10:17
Yeah, that was me. I guessed. I guessed wrong. It happens. A lot, actually.

I did specify at the time that it was a guess, though. Not sure why anyone took it as fact. Hell, when I say "this is a fact" I normally get the response of "I doubt it." Of course, I'm married--that comes with the territory.

Hey - no one was naming names! :)

Griogre
September 17th, 2015, 17:56
LOL, but like you wife - we'll *never* forget.... :) ;) :D

Blackwolf
September 18th, 2015, 17:28
Ok so not for the forcible or unforeseeable future then, like maybe for Christmas list? I'm guessing not Projected time line though from your comments.

kylania
September 18th, 2015, 18:48
Zeus is back and working so Soon™ I imagine. :)

Griogre
September 18th, 2015, 20:29
Ok so not for the forcible or unforeseeable future then, like maybe for Christmas list? I'm guessing not Projected time line though from your comments.

It really depends on the ruleset changes. Not knowing anything specific, I'd guess before Thanksgiving, possibly by Halloween. But that's just a wild *** guess.

midas
September 18th, 2015, 20:37
I have faith that the total lunar eclipse and supermoon blood moon this month bode well for a DMG release in the coming months!

JohnD
September 18th, 2015, 22:05
I'd say it will be out before 6E, but we all know that's only 6 months or so down the road.

Morgentaler
September 18th, 2015, 22:44
I'd say it will be out before 6E, but we all know that's only 6 months or so down the road.

But that would require 2 more monster manuals..and 2-3 more player handbooks with more classes..and 5 more books adding spells that no one will ever use. Then we can get 6E

epithet
September 18th, 2015, 23:33
Very glad to hear of the return of Zeus. I hope he's well.

Blackwolf
September 19th, 2015, 17:22
Well I am hoping for the best but expecting that we will not see it. Just like the One eyed Halfling doesn't expect to hit the orc with three quarters cover at long range and disadvantage to boot but still hopes too roll that 20.