PDA

View Full Version : Made a module, now what?

Matchstick
September 15th, 2015, 15:34
Hello!

I've made a module for Savage Worlds; "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: 80's edition". I have decals, portraits (from Google image search), maps, etc. What I'm curious about is whether it can be shared or not. This is an adventure created by a friend of mine, and I would absolutely get his permission before posting it anywhere, but I'm worried about copyrights on images etc. Is there reason to be concerned?

I can share it privately if anyone would be interested in seeing it. It's a ZIP file.

Thanks!

Trenloe
September 15th, 2015, 15:52
I have decals, portraits (from Google image search), maps, etc. What I'm curious about is whether it can be shared or not. This is an adventure created by a friend of mine, and I would absolutely get his permission before posting it anywhere, but I'm worried about copyrights on images etc. Is there reason to be concerned?
If you got the images from a Google search then these are more than likely covered by copyright (even if the website was breaking copyright to publish them). You can only distribute material you create yourself, you have permission to distribute, is covered by an open or community commons licence, etc.. A random search on Google will more than likely give you stuff that is covered by copyright and you shouldn't be distributing. Use for your own private use, but don't give it to anyone else until you've verified the copyright state of everything you're using.