PDA

View Full Version : Editable Mod, i.e. 5E

Doc_Waldo
September 15th, 2015, 07:43
I did some searching, but I suspect incorrect phrases. I'm curious how I would go about creating a mod, say for the 5E PHB that I could edit--meaning add my images to, for example to. I have no problem parsing, and have looking into the code of one I made early one, but it had been a while and was hoping someone could let me know the key words, if any that I would need to key off for example. Again, the biggest think is I like to organize and customize on the fly and would prefer not to have to go into xlm ever time. Any suggestions? Thanks. Doc.

Trenloe
September 15th, 2015, 16:39
Remove static="true" from any sections within the module you want to be able to edit within a campaign. Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23243-Mod-file-not-locked

Note: This will make the module "editable" only within a campaign - it won't allow you to change the base module. The edits made will stay within a campaign, in the <FG App data>\campaigns\<Campaign name>\moduledb\<modulename>.xml file. So, unless you copy the moduledb file from campaign to campaign, the edits won't appear in another campaign.

Doc_Waldo
October 10th, 2015, 08:31
Thank you very much.