PDA

View Full Version : D&D Rage of Demons: Out of the Abyss is now available

ddavison
September 15th, 2015, 05:03
Nothing like a Midnight release.

Rage of Demons: Out of the Abyss is now available for Fantasy Grounds. Battle your way out of captivity in the Underdark and then return there to battle the demons that have been unleashed.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5EOOTA
+Dungeons & Dragons 

ddavison
September 15th, 2015, 05:04
In my opinion, the layout of this particular module makes it a good candidate for going digital only. The simple addition of the Next and Previous links, along with the Section Indexes made it a very enjoyable read on FG. You may still want to resize windows with CTRL+Click/Drag... but otherwise it read well.

Trenloe
September 15th, 2015, 05:08
Three minutes past midnight (EDT) - I like it, sneaking it in nice and early on the official release day. :)

ddavison
September 15th, 2015, 05:12
I wonder if I could have went with GMT???? Hmmm.....

Morik
September 15th, 2015, 05:12
Already got it and updating! thanks guys :)

ddavison
September 15th, 2015, 05:19
Unfortunately, Steam will have to wait until after 10:00 a.m. PDT because that is the first time when the Steam publishing service becomes active. I'll be up for a few more minutes before I log off for tonight. Hopefully I didn't miss anything on the release. :)

Goltron
September 15th, 2015, 05:33
Yeah cmon ddavison its 2pm here lol. I vote for gmt. Nice work, but I gotta wait til I get home to grab it.

JeffKnight
September 15th, 2015, 07:31
I'm excited! We started Encounters already, but I want more! My physical copy gets here today too.

Zacchaeus
September 15th, 2015, 10:47
You might want to get these additional maps that I drew up for this module here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26028-Zacchaeus-Out-of-the-Abyss-Map-mod).

FSHSchmo
September 15th, 2015, 13:06
Hurry up and take my money faster!

Qoff
September 15th, 2015, 15:43
Unfortunately, Steam will have to wait until after 10:00 a.m. PDT because that is the first time when the Steam publishing service becomes active. I'll be up for a few more minutes before I log off for tonight. Hopefully I didn't miss anything on the release. :)

Which timezone? Steam still don't have it here.

TASagent
September 15th, 2015, 15:47
Qoff, that time is Pacific. PDT in your quote means Pacific Daylight Time, which is Daylight-Savings-Adjusted Pacific Standard Time.

ddavison
September 15th, 2015, 15:48
Steam doesn't activate publication of new products such as DLC or new games until after 10:00 PDT. This one still has to go through the final approval queue for pricing and review of the store page from Valve's perspective before the release it as well. I will post here and on the FB and G+ pages once it goes live there.

PDT is (GMT - 8:00)

Qoff
September 15th, 2015, 16:01
Steam doesn't activate publication of new products such as DLC or new games until after 10:00 PDT. This one still has to go through the final approval queue for pricing and review of the store page from Valve's perspective before the release it as well. I will post here and on the FB and G+ pages once it goes live there.

PDT is (GMT - 8:00)

Actually PDT is GMT-7

ddavison
September 15th, 2015, 16:28
Well, who would have guessed... but it just got approved and released on Steam. :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/403500

QuietDroid
September 15th, 2015, 17:57
I own an Ultimate License. As a DM, to run this adventure, what else do I need besides the module? (sorry for the, probably, over-asked question)

Trenloe
September 15th, 2015, 18:02
I own an Ultimate License. As a DM, to run this adventure, what else do I need besides the module? (sorry for the, probably, over-asked question)
That's it. It includes all the monsters from the scenario, so you're covered with that.

If you want drag/drop player character library data, then you'll probably want to pick up Core Class Pack (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5EPHBDELUXE)(equivalent to the PHB), it will help a lot with abilities, spells, equipment, etc. but you don't *need* it - players can enter the details of their characters manually.

ddavison
September 15th, 2015, 18:20
Trenloe beat me to it.

BlueDrake
September 24th, 2015, 23:45
Hey Zaccheus,

I just downloaded your maps. Great job and thank you for sharing them! They will definitely come in handy for running OotA.

Zacchaeus
September 25th, 2015, 12:08
Hey Zaccheus,

I just downloaded your maps. Great job and thank you for sharing them! They will definitely come in handy for running OotA.

That was the plan :)

Enjoy.

ddaley
September 25th, 2015, 12:53
Thanks for sharing the maps Zacchaeus. Those will definitely be put to use. I am reading the AP right now and am hoping to run it as soon as my group finishes LMoP. I am planning to have their party be kidnapped by the drow at some point near the end of LMoP...