PDA

View Full Version : D&D Adventure League Scenario - Free with $1 Donation to the Save the Children Fund

ddavison
September 15th, 2015, 02:18
Did you know that you can play in D&D Adventurers League games on Fantasy Grounds? Thanks to Wizards of the Coast and a couple of the guys within the Adventurer League (Chris Jernigan , Bryan McCray and David Russell), we are able to provide this to DM's for free with another purchase or with a $1 donation to the Save the Children Fund. It's been loaded in for play on Fantasy Grounds and should be ready to run with only minimal prep.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5EDDEX301

FSHSchmo
September 15th, 2015, 02:20
Did you know that you can play in D&D Adventurers League games on Fantasy Grounds? Thanks to Wizards of the Coast and a couple of the guys within the Adventurer League (Chris Jernigan , Bryan McCray and David Russell), we are able to provide this to DM's for free with another purchase or with a $1 donation to the Save the Children Fund. It's been loaded in for play on Fantasy Grounds and should be ready to run with only minimal prep.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5EDDEX301

Had an awesome time working on this!

Trenloe
September 15th, 2015, 02:24
Fantastic! Great work all round everyone. :)

ddavison
September 15th, 2015, 02:26
Thanks FSHSchmo. I didn't think to ask if you preferred I use your alias on the Social media posts or your real name. Let me know if I need to change it. I used what you had listed in the credits.

Also, feel free to post onto the FB and G+ sites. Your Signature on the threads here would make an awesome post if you were looking to spread the word far and wide.

FSHSchmo
September 15th, 2015, 04:06
Thanks FSHSchmo. I didn't think to ask if you preferred I use your alias on the Social media posts or your real name. Let me know if I need to change it. I used what you had listed in the credits.

Also, feel free to post onto the FB and G+ sites. Your Signature on the threads here would make an awesome post if you were looking to spread the word far and wide.

Either is fine with me :D

TinCanKing
September 15th, 2015, 22:15
This is awesome! Are there any plans to continue releasing future AL content as it's released by Wizards?

whiteTiki
September 15th, 2015, 23:29
Hi there, I selected this andventure. Wen't to the check out section, agreed to donate 1 dollar, completed the purchase and everything but the product never arrived. Am I supposed to wait a Little longer than usual ? Am I doing something wrong?

YES, I did all the Settings>update stuff and then updated the software several times now and the adventure is not apearing on the list of adventures to load.

Thanks!

Trenloe
September 15th, 2015, 23:38
This is what you need to look for in your "Data Module Activation" window (accessed through Library -> Modules) in a 5E campaign:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/5E/ALO-03-01.jpg

whiteTiki
September 15th, 2015, 23:42
Yeaaa..... those things I forget to do sometimes

Thanks for the quick response!

BTW.. a Little off topic but.... is the Dungeons Masters Guide coming out in FG?

damned
September 16th, 2015, 00:46
BTW.. a Little off topic but.... is the Dungeons Masters Guide coming out in FG?

Yes.
When its ready - its a big project.

Nylanfs
September 16th, 2015, 01:31
Soon(TM)

WansumBeats
September 16th, 2015, 01:57
I've run expeditions at a local gaming shop where i live for the last three seasons. Just getting ready to start Harried in Hillsfar on Sunday the 20th, we sat down and did character creation at the end of our last adventure and I've been using Fantasy Grounds to track everything about my players even though we don't play inside fantasy grounds. I make PCs for each of them, when they show up i throw them in the combat tracker, i've got there armor class, saves, equipment, anything i want to know... i roll initiative for the NPCs and then get all my players to roll their own init with their dice and enter in the info and we are off to the races...I use the combat tracker to keep turn order, and roll attacks and damage for my mobs. I get so much more as a dm using FG combat tracker because all the abilities of the mobs are right there... multiattacks, claws, bites, weapons, spells, and special attacks they have, and images if i want to show them what they are fighting.... i no longer have to remember or track RECHARGE abilities.. so many bonuses to using it.

I've made modules for ddex1-7,13,14 and ddex2-1,2,3,7 and 9. The latter i really simplified by just entering the encounters and using a PDF reader to guide the modules. So that said you can get a really good idea as to HOW AWESOME THIS IS FOR ME!!

FANTASTIC JOB!!! I love that you made ACTUAL MAPS and didn't cheap out and just use the crappy black and white supplied grid maps. The maps are simple and totally useful (looks like you used campaign cartographer as i did for mine lol). I just finished reading this module today at work in prep for sundays game. Its gonna be nice having the story built in again so i wont have to switch to the pdf... so happy!

Thanks so much for doing this, saves me a boatload of time entering the information, and getting the maps and tokens.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I realize this post is a little long, but wanted to express my appreciation for the time and effort put into this, especially making the maps.... fantastic job.

GREAT WORK AND THANKS ONE MORE TIME!

Wansum

WansumBeats
September 23rd, 2015, 03:13
Is it possible to get the maps for this adventure? ive already purchased it but would like to use the maps for my local gamestore game... was thinking of turning them into poster sized battlemaps :)

kylania
September 23rd, 2015, 03:17
I'd made some on my own you can view here (https://imgur.com/a/dNMVc). Feel free to use 'em, print 'em or whatever.

WansumBeats
September 25th, 2015, 15:55
Thanks so much Kylania, sorry for the long thank you response.. been a busy work at week and ive been dying to get home and play with these maps!! THANKS SO MUCH

WansumBeats
September 26th, 2015, 03:04
Made some 1 inch grid poster maps with your maps today!! WOOHOO111071110811109

Turned out AWESOME :)

THANKS AGAIN

kylania
September 26th, 2015, 16:54
That's so cool! I'm happy to see my maps in use. heh If you want a second one of the maw room without the "oh, I bet it's on this wall" part let me know. I can add some extra 'wall' behind it since you're cutting things out.

WansumBeats
September 26th, 2015, 17:01
My plan is roll the 8 side dice and introduce the room as a basement area behind the door I randomly rolled ;) should work out well ;)

WansumBeats
October 7th, 2015, 17:38
Any plans to release more of the third season AL modules? The question was never answered. I would gladly pay $5 each for them. The first one was so well done with beautiful maps. It would be a huge time saver for me!

kylania
October 7th, 2015, 20:23
WotC doesn't really let these adventures out into the wild for some reason. Only reason Hillsfar was released was because it was available for free from their website to promote the Dragon+ app. All the others are protected, hidden and kept away from the gaming public unless you happen to run a game.

midas
October 7th, 2015, 21:52
Once you run one of them you'll get all of them (the downloads page is protected with a standard password that seems to work forever). I still have access to all the HotDQ stuff. I think they just do this so the average player doesn't have access to the adventure beforehand (given that it's organized play).

kylania
October 18th, 2015, 21:48
Any plans for Shackles of Blood to be released on FG now that it's been released via Dragon+?

Shall I whip it up real quick? :)

Moon Wizard
October 18th, 2015, 22:24
Send a note to Doug at [email protected]

We can always ask. :)

Cheers,
JPG

ddavison
October 19th, 2015, 14:50
We have asked and are waiting on a response. I will post once I know more.

FSHSchmo
October 19th, 2015, 23:10
We have asked and are waiting on a response. I will post once I know more.

What Doug said :D

ddavison
October 19th, 2015, 23:12
We *are* able to provide this. I'm working with the guys that put together the last one and will post back once it is completed. It then has to go through a standard review process. ETA: 3 weeks (hopefully sooner)

epithet
October 20th, 2015, 01:32
Woot.

WansumBeats
October 24th, 2015, 16:38
Nice! Kylania any chance you have the bell in the depths map made?insert gigantic smiley face here ;)

WansumBeats
October 25th, 2015, 22:52
So i finished Shackles of Blood this morning at my local gaming shop, here are the maps i turned into poster maps, also useable in Fantasy Grounds :)