PDA

View Full Version : FG Con 7 - PFS GM volunteers!

Trenloe
September 14th, 2015, 02:56
FG Con 7 will be running Friday evening 16th October AEST until Midnight Sunday 18th October PDT 2015. Just less than 5 weeks away!

Like the last 4 FG Cons, I’d like to get Paizo product support, which requires us to run a minimum of 15 sessions under the same event code/administration. This gives is a number of benefits:

The GMs get their scenario PDFs for free.
GMs get an exclusive GM boon.
Players (and GMs) get the chance to win player boons.
GMs and players get the chance to win Paizo PDFs. Paizo gave us 6 PDFs last time.
The ability to run convention only scenarios such as the season 7 kickoff – which we hope to run in the Saturday slot #3 as a multi-table event with a minimum of 5 tables.
Please respond if you’re considering running PFS events, or if you won’t be (I’ll remove you from future PFS emails for FG Con 7).

I have already emailed GMs who've ran PFS games in previous FG Cons, but we can always do with more GMs.

However, if you've never ran a PFS game before and/or you're not that familiar with the Pathfinder ruleset for Fantasy Grounds then I'd recommend you run your first PFS session on Fantasy Grounds outside of the time constrained convention environment.

Let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

Further info:

Please hold off posting any PFS events on the FG Con website for the next couple of days until I get an idea of how many sessions we'll have and who is running what.
As before we’ll be using fixed 5 hour slots for the PFS games. Same timeslots as FG Con 6.
I’ll need to know which scenarios you want to run soon ASAP so I can submit the convention support request and you can get the free scenario PDFs allocated to your Paizo account in good time.
I’ll provide you with legal form fillable chronicle PDFs before the convention.
Closer to the convention damned will provide a list of players booked on your games and their email addresses so you can communicate directly with your players before the game. I’ll provide an example, generic PFS email that you can use to give some basic info and outline what you expect from the players before and at the game. If you want to start communicating by email now with your players you can get their info by logging into the FG Con website, clicking the “FG Con – Virtual Convention” link at the top left, then selecting “Dashboard”. Click on Events –> Bookings and select your event you want to view. You’ll see a list of the players. To see their emails in the list click the gear/cog settings button and drag the “e-mail” button from the group on the right to the yellow buttons on the left – press “Save Settings”. You will now see the player emails in the “Bookings” list for the event. I know this is a little convoluted – but after you’ve done it once it’s pretty straight-forward. If it’s too much hassle, just wait for damned to send out the player list.
IMPORTANT. Paizo Reporting. As this is a Paizo supported event, all of the sessions need to be reported on Paizo under the same event. That means that I have to do that. Closer to the convention I’ll send an email outlining the info I’ll need to report the event. It will basically be the info that is listed on the reporting page at the back of the scenario PDF.
Doing chronicles. You’ll need to communicate with your players after the event to put the chronicles together. You can use the pre-chonicle PDF if you want or you can do it by email etc. – as long as you get the info needed to fully fill out the chronicle and digitally sign it (so that it becomes read-only).
GM Boons. Each GM will get a single GM boon. I haven’t seen the boons we are going to get yet.
Player boons. Each session everyone (including the GM) will roll off to see who wins the player boon for that session. There can be only one player boon winner per session. I know this is different than some people’s experience at other conventions. There is no set way for allocating boons and there are many ways out there. This give someone who only plays/GMs one session a chance of getting a player boon (at PaizoCon and GenCon you need to take part in a number of sessions before you can try for a boon).
Paizo Product support. Assuming we get the same number of PDFs as last time (6): after the convention I will put each player and GM into a lottery (one entry per session) and draw randomly for the PDFs.