PDA

View Full Version : Bug with map?

ArteF
September 13th, 2015, 21:03
I'm setting up for a game and a specific map which showed before now shows entirely gray.

Other maps show but that specific map which came as part of the prince of the apocalypse is entirely gray, any information on how to fix this or if I made an error?

Morgentaler
September 13th, 2015, 21:11
Grey as in Fog of War? Or grey as in a large Grey Square?

ArteF
September 13th, 2015, 21:13
a gigantic gray square, I tried closing the prince of darkness module and reopening, I can draw on the gray, I tried adding and removing masking.

Trenloe
September 13th, 2015, 21:15
Right-click on the image name in the campaign "Images & Maps" list and select "Revert Changes" (top left icon).

ArteF
September 13th, 2015, 21:17
tried that, the image name isn't there anymore. It was part of the module, the image was necromancers cave.

ArteF
September 13th, 2015, 21:19
Both the DM and the Player version, they worked yesterday... it's weird.

Trenloe
September 13th, 2015, 21:20
tried that, the image name isn't there anymore. It was part of the module, the image was necromancers cave.
Sounds like the image has been removed/renamed for some reason. If it's not there, how are you opening it? I'm assuming a link from a story entry somewhere? If so, try reverting changes on that story entry and trying the link.

ArteF
September 13th, 2015, 21:23
I restarted the module, the image file is there when I search for it through the library, but when I look for it via maps/images it isn't on the list.

When I go for the image through a link it gives gray boxes for both the DM and player versions.

Furthermore the image is findable by looking for it through the library and opening the princes of the apocalypse module that way but the images are gray.

Trenloe
September 13th, 2015, 21:28
I restarted the module...
Just re-opening the module won't change anything that might be sticking around from the old (before the recent update) module. Right-click on the module tile in the "Data Module Activation" window and select "Revert Changes" there to clear out all of the data from the old module and any changes you might have made.

If, after doing this, the links etc. don't work then please log this as an issue in the 5E bug thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23710-5E-Bug-Reports-and-Notices-of-Fixes-Rolled-Out as this is something that has probably been introduced with the update a couple of days ago.

ArteF
September 13th, 2015, 21:28
I'm beginning to think I deleted them when I removed them from the image list so players couldn't see them. I didn't think it would be a permanent delete though

ArteF
September 13th, 2015, 21:31
okay yea that brought it back! Thanks very much, the game goes on!

Trenloe
September 13th, 2015, 21:32
I'm beginning to think I deleted them when I removed them from the image list so players couldn't see them. I didn't think it would be a permanent delete though
You'll only have deleted the image in the campaign reference in which it was used. Follow my "revert changes" instructions above to restore the images.

For future reference, there's no need to "delete" an image to stop players viewing it. Do the following:
1) Don't allow player access to the base module in the "Data Module Activation" window - set it to "Block Player Load" (the red X). Note: you should never allow players direct access to an adventure module, only player class modules.
2) If you've manually shared a map/image, click on the (S) or (P) icon showing in the campaign Maps list - this will remove sharing and the players won't be able to open it without you re-sharing at a later date.

Trenloe
September 13th, 2015, 21:33
okay yea that brought it back! Thanks very much, the game goes on!
Cool. :)

ArteF
September 13th, 2015, 22:55
Okay yea, so they keep disappearing, I don't know why but the image keeps going gray, doing what you said fixes it but after I look at it once it vanishes after I close it. Next time I look at it it's all gray.

Trenloe
September 13th, 2015, 23:14
Okay yea, so they keep disappearing, I don't know why but the image keeps going gray, doing what you said fixes it but after I look at it once it vanishes after I close it. Next time I look at it it's all gray.
Start a brand new 5E campaign and test to see if this occurs in the new campaign.

damned
September 13th, 2015, 23:19
Have you pointed/moved your FG User Data to DropBox?OneDrive etc?

ArteF
September 13th, 2015, 23:26
I'll have to do that later, our campaign is going to start in a bit so no time XD.

Also no I haven't moved any files manually aside from maps I made.