PDA

View Full Version : [Savage Worlds] Hellfrost: Novice - GM in -9 GMT flexible time, prefer Sunday

sakmerlin37
September 13th, 2015, 19:11
I'm looking to start a Hellfrost campaign: Lair of the Vermin.

License: Full - Players will need Full License to play
Ruleset: Savage Worlds
Setting: Hellfrost

Server Time Zone: -9/-8 GMT (based on DST)
VOIP: Teamspeak on FG server with Push-to-Talk enabled
Planned Start Date: Next week, Sunday, 20 Sept 2015 in Evening/Afternoon
Role Play Style: OOC is in Teamspeak & Role Playing in Text; experience point(s) added for RP
Number of Players: 4-6 Players, can start with 3-4

Scenario & Style of Play: I'm definitely not a "rules nazi" & prefer that players have fun over sticking to the rules; I prefer role playing in text chat & avoiding too much meta-game talk while playing. I'm hoping to find a good group to get together and play on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, depending on what the group wants. We can either create characters first or use first session to do that.

Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1623

Game Setting Information: An endless winter is coming.

The history of Rassilon is bloody. From the frozen far north, beyond the civilized lands with their rolling hills and forests, arose a mighty army of frost giants, ice devils, Hellfrost dragons, and fearsome orcs, servants all of the ice god Thrym. So began the terrible Blizzard War and the downfall of the mighty empires of man.

Five hundred years later the races of the southern lands may have won the war, but they suffer its legacy still. For five centuries the winters have grown steadily longer and colder. Huge swathes of the land of Rassilon are permanently covered in ice and snow, and even the temperate lands are not spared the misery of failed harvests, deadly winters, and the dreaded Hellfrost wind.

But winter is not the only danger. A mere 30 years ago, magic, once the civilized races’ most potent weapon, suddenly began to fail. The Siphoning, an effect of unknown origin, has made magic an unpredictable ally.

Welcome to the world of Rassilon.

Welcome to the Hellfrost!

Campaign Information:The specter of famine stalks the northern Hearthlands.

With the snow already falling, the key to thwarting disaster is the village of Dunross, for here are stored the winter supplies of many surrounding villages. Fresh faced and eager, the heroes are hired by a local merchant to collect sacks of flour from Dunross and deliver them to a bakery.

But things are never that simple.

What begins as a routine journey quickly embroils the adventures in a deadly plot to inflict starvation and untold misery on the citizens of the northern Heartlands. Through the power of an unholy magical relic a dark swarm has been unleashed on Rassilion, a swarm which leaves only death and disease in its wake.

Can the heroes survive the terrible host about to cross their path? If they do, have they the courage and skill to end the reign of terror of a sinister, inhuman foe? All will be revealed!

Gertak
September 14th, 2015, 18:29
I am interested in this game, as long as it starts after about 4 pm pst. I would like to get together and read up on any setting rules or information before I commit, though.

rhoule6819
September 14th, 2015, 22:57
I am interested. I am experienced table top gamer however would be new to the savage world setting, if you are ok with that.

sakmerlin37
September 14th, 2015, 23:48
Of course new players are welcome & I can see if I can find a copy of the setting rules online somewhere.

Gertak
September 15th, 2015, 16:48
If you bring up your tabletop sometime I would be happy to read through the rules and backstory there, if you have them.

sakmerlin37
September 15th, 2015, 21:36
I can do that, I'll have it up & running today; I'll PM you the name of the server.

Deviancy
September 17th, 2015, 03:39
I would really enjoy joining in on this. I will PM you to see about getting the Server Info to log in and make a character when available.

sakmerlin37
September 27th, 2015, 16:36
I lost my system and had to buy a new one, so everything should be ready to go now! I apologize. We seem to have enough to play, if everybody would like, we can now start character development & game sessions

Tarkhel
September 27th, 2015, 21:13
I'm quite interested in applying for this game. Will PM you shortly, and we can discuss further arrangements from there.

Deviancy
September 27th, 2015, 23:07
I am still interested n this as well. Did you make a new calendar post? I seem to be the only one active on it and no one else is pending.