PDA

View Full Version : how to assign an owner to notes in notes tab

rabbedrabit
September 13th, 2015, 09:14
i know im missing something easy here and probably missed it in the forums some were but how to you assign a owner to notes in the notes tab want to use this for hand outs to specific charicters with out the hole party reading it. want to leave that up to the player.

thanks

Mask_of_winter
September 13th, 2015, 09:21
The Notes creator is the owner.
If you want to give handouts use Story or Images and drop it on his/her character portrait.

rabbedrabit
September 13th, 2015, 09:29
ok thanks

Valarian
September 13th, 2015, 10:40
You can also drop notes on to a character portrait to share it, not just stories and images.l

damned
September 13th, 2015, 12:46
I generally consider Notes to be for Players to create and use and Story is for the GM to create and use (and share).
There are times where I might uses Notes but far and away I do it with Story and Images.
Also the owner will always be the Creator (I think that "always" is accurate...).

Zacchaeus
September 13th, 2015, 15:02
Also the owner will always be the Creator (I think that "always" is accurate...).

Indeed, this seems to be the case. If a player creates a note then only that player and the DM will see that note unless the player (or the DM) make it public. It is presumably thus possible for a player to create a note and then drag and drop it to another player's portrait. Whilst the DM will see what's going on only those players who have either created the note or have had it shared will know what the note contains.

I also agree with the consensus that story entries are the superior method of sharing player handouts with either the whole group or selected individuals. For those of you interested I found a decent video on how to create a scroll (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpgSMt2E-1M) using GIMP which I use for player handouts.