PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Calendar Module

dreign
September 12th, 2015, 21:45
I tried to modify the xml file in the module Calendars to reflect a custom calendar, but the calendars module would not load after I zipped it and placed it back in the modules folder.

I guess what I want to know is

Can you modify the campaign calendar with a custom Calendar (my assumption is you can and I just went about it the wrong way) ?

If so, what is the easiest way to do that ?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

I love the software...

Trenloe
September 12th, 2015, 22:03
1) Use an editor that checks XML syntax to make sure you don't have any errors.
2) When you ZIP the module back up make sure you use ZIP compression (not 7z, RAR, etc.).
3) When you ZIP the module back up make sure you ZIP from within the module directory - i.e. select the two XML files and ZIP those up, don't ZIP from outside of the directory.

This thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20942-Question-on-Calendars and the thread referenced in post #2 should also help.

dreign
September 12th, 2015, 22:10
Trenloe,

Thank you for the quick reply. I think the zipping of the file is where I may have gone wrong. I will read the other post as well.

LordEntrails
September 12th, 2015, 22:11
Also, I suggest you make a custom extension/module rather than editing the core xml. That way when an update is done, you won't loose your changes. There's a tutorial from jreddin1 stickied in this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25234-Jeff-s-Excruciatingly-Simple-Extension-Tutorial) plus their another tutorial extension on the fg-con.com website (under downloads I think).

dreign
September 12th, 2015, 22:18
Trenlo,

zipping the files in the module produced the result I was looking for. Thank you again.

Lord Entrails,

I will look into the extension/module tutorial. I will let you know how it goes.

christophersons
January 15th, 2017, 11:37
Could put an option of automatic watch. Would help a lot. During the description of an event, the marking and show players the real-time clock.