PDA

View Full Version : Hell on Earth Reloaded - The Worms' Turn

Weblya
September 12th, 2015, 12:12
As the title suggests I would like to start GMing a campaign in the Hell on Earth setting, using Savage Worlds rules. Specifically, The Worms' Turn plot point campaign, assuming there's some interest. Here goes!

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: Savage Worlds (Hell on Earth Reloaded)

Time Zone: Central US
Day/Time: Thursdays, evening (possibly changeable). An afternoon time might happen if there was a lot of interest for that, or even splitting into multiple groups based on time.
Planned Start: Thursday September 24th, 1830 CST
Frequency: Weekly (every other week if there turn out to be multiple groups for some reason)
Term: Until The Worms’ Turn is finished, there’s some flexibility here, since the plot point can be trimmed or expanded to taste like most

Text or Voice: IC Text, OOC Voice probably
Voice Software: Teamspeak (though skype is an option)

RP/Combat: Unclear at this time, but probably favoring combat (depends a lot on the players)
Number of Players: I’ll run with 4, and will accept up to 6
Character Starting Level: Standard novice rank characters
Character Restrictions: All the options in HoE are available, but if you want to use something from the HoE Companion, you need to have a copy of that book, so I can just worry about spot-adding options from it you want, rather than putting a lot of added work in. I’ll need to approve concepts, and concepts that stray particularly far from theme may get turned down.

Details: It’s Hell on Earth! You probably know something about that setting if you’re looking at this. The setting is supernatural post-apocalypse. Heroes are survivors trying to make the world a little bit better than it’s become. The Worms’ Turn is a plot point campaign, which basically just means it’s a (potentially) long campaign and deals with some world shattering events, with the PCs having an opportunity to do something significant to change the direction of the entire world.

You can find some setting information here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlands:_Hell_on_Earth

At the same time, there’s room to work in personal stories amongst the campaign, so that along the way things can be resolved for your character as well. This requires some character background and communication to help me figure out just what that will be for your character, so be prepared for that.

My classic hell on earth games back in the day tended to feature a surprising amount of PC death, so don’t be surprised if that does come up. I don’t think the savage worlds/reloaded rules are as deadly, but I haven’t ran HoE Reloaded yet, so I can’t say for certain.

PM me AND reply here with interest, if things get off the ground I’ll probably set up a Skype conversation and possibly an OP campaign page to start tracking everything.

I’m a bit rusty when it comes to GMing in FG, so I’ll ask some patience there, but I don’t foresee significant problems.

Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1622

Hendell
September 12th, 2015, 13:13
I would be interested in joining this campaign.

Weblya
September 12th, 2015, 21:54
Sounds good! I'll chat in PM with ya.

Gertak
September 13th, 2015, 00:31
I would like to join the campaign as well, depending on what the exact start time ends up being.

Weblya
September 13th, 2015, 02:54
Great. Oh, and for any reading this, the wiki link I shared has some basic theme and fluff discussion for hell on earth, though it references books from the classic product line.

Harrowed, Sykers, Doomsayers, Junkers, Templars, and Toxic Shamans are all in the main HoE reloaded book now. Librarians, cyborgs, and witches are found in the HoE companion book.

Laucian
September 13th, 2015, 04:58
Oh I'd love to play in this, I've played in a Deadlands game before but it didn't last long. Sign me up.

sakmerlin37
September 13th, 2015, 08:22
I signed up in the calendar, as well & am super interested in this!

Weblya
September 15th, 2015, 05:44
Sounds good. I think we'll be looking at trying to start on the 24th, as it stands.

Weblya
September 20th, 2015, 09:25
Looking at kicking things off this coming Thursday at 1830 CST. Some of the sessions will be ironing out kinks and getting folks used to everything. I'll have the server up ahead of time for some of that.

sakmerlin37
September 27th, 2015, 16:32
My system completely crashed, I had to buy a new one, so if I missed anything, I apologize, but I should be good to go

Weblya
December 11th, 2015, 03:39
I'm bumping this because we're recruiting 1-2 more players while we're on a small hiatus for the holidays. PM me if you're interested! Right now the group is in Boise, so introductions of new characters shouldn't be too difficult. Particularly templars.