PDA

View Full Version : RQ2 Extension

Azaran
September 12th, 2015, 00:50
I've had a request for the RQ2 Extension, so here it is in it's current state.

So, list of things that i've done:

Changed the icons to use coreRPG ones, i just think they look nicer.
resized and moved the chat window to make it more useful to play. I haven't made it resizable because i couldnt figure out the chat command locations.
Most other windows are resizable and moveable.

Stat calculations are based on the original runequest 2 "middle of the book" table. I've added the attack bonus mod onto the main character sheet page. It's not great if you use sanity as it will overlap.

The character sheet is set to use the skills from the runequest 2 charactersheet. Bonuses are calculated on the fly from the stats as per the middle of the book reference above.

I'm still working to tweak and enhance but if anyone adds in some funky stuff, please do share!

Updated with a modified version of universal tables that has the RQ2 Background table (type /t BT) and Fumble Table (type /t FT)
03 Feb 2016 updated main extension file (resolved issues with not showing on standard BRP rulesets.

Az.

Enki
September 13th, 2015, 01:02
Thank you Azaran.
This is great!

FlightlessScotsman
September 30th, 2015, 06:37
I really appreciate this, Especially as a fan of the older Runequest rules.

As an aside, would you mind if I pick your brain Azaran? I'm trying to adapt the Stormbringer/Magic World rules and it uses a simple (Characteristic / 2) for skill category bonuses, but no matter what I've tried when editing the "myscript.lua" I can't get it to override the default BRP skill category bonuses. I looked at the way you edited the 'getCategoryBonus' function and as far as I can my syntax is correct.

If you don't mind pointing me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. I'm no coding expert, I've only dabbled with javascript in pdf forms and have done a little bit of python before, so I'm not completely clueless, but I seem to have exhausted my ability trying to suss this out.

Cheers

Azaran
November 7th, 2015, 19:29
Sure.

give me a wee while to go through my coding to figure out how i did it as it's been a while :)

Azaran
November 7th, 2015, 19:32
there it is. have a look for the charsheet_skilllist.lua in the scripts folder. Look down to the getCategoryBonus part, it overrides the one in the myscript.lua

Vackipleur
February 3rd, 2016, 00:28
I don't understand. Your extensions don't appear when I load a BRP campaign. I've missed something to do?

Azaran
February 3rd, 2016, 07:55
I don't understand. Your extensions don't appear when I load a BRP campaign. I've missed something to do?

To install the extension, you need to put it into C:\Users\<Your Windows Username>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\extensions

Once you do that, when you select a campaign with BRP as the ruleset, you should see RQ2 Extension in the list of extensions. You need to enable it before loading the campaign.

Az.

Vackipleur
February 3rd, 2016, 09:31
Usual process but your extensions don't appear for me...

Azaran
February 3rd, 2016, 11:38
Usual process but your extensions don't appear for me...

Would you be able to do the same screenshot while creating a new campaign with brp?

Vackipleur
February 3rd, 2016, 12:03
Of course. But same issue.12917

Azaran
February 3rd, 2016, 14:59
Thanks. I'll check something when I get home and will let you know

Azaran
February 3rd, 2016, 18:47
Of course. But same issue.12917

Hi Vackipleur,

Download it again from the first post, i've updated it. I didn't test it properly but now it works.

Az.

Vackipleur
February 3rd, 2016, 19:08
'Runequest 2 Extension.ext' works but 'Universal_Tables - Runequest.ext' is always missing into the list.

Azaran
February 3rd, 2016, 20:24
Ok, try again, i've replaced the universal tables - runequest.ext on the main post.

Vackipleur
February 3rd, 2016, 20:31
Now it's fully workable. Thank you very much :)

Azaran
February 3rd, 2016, 20:47
Excellent :) Let me know how you get on, and more importantly if you enjoy :)

Blackfoot
February 19th, 2016, 17:18
Do you have any plans to make the stat calcs figure in to weapon attacks and damage? It would be nice if they did since as it stands, stat adjustment effects probably don't do much in the way of altering attacks.
Yeah.. stat effects have no effect whatsoever on attacks.
Actually.. I'm not sure that 'effects' work at all in the BRP ruleset.

Azaran
February 19th, 2016, 20:21
Do you have any plans to make the stat calcs figure in to weapon attacks and damage? It would be nice if they did since as it stands, stat adjustment effects probably don't do much in the way of altering attacks.
Yeah.. stat effects have no effect whatsoever on attacks.
Actually.. I'm not sure that 'effects' work at all in the BRP ruleset.

It is already kind of done as it is as I work out all stat bonuses, but it's currently up to the player to assign them to his or her weapon skill and maintain it as stats raise, or decrease.

I'm holding off on any more changes until the updated ruleset is out, hopefully this year

Blackfoot
February 19th, 2016, 20:32
One of the big 'broken' things in the ruleset IMO has always been that it doesn't calculate the stats into weapon attack values... If you have worked with other rulesets you get to see how powerful Combat Tracker Effects are and it is a real limitation in the BRP ruleset unfortunately. At the point at which I was working on this project I knew a whole lot less about how it all worked. The simple solution, which your extension handles well, works.. it unfortunately doesn't really get to take advantage of all the really great stuff that FG has to offer.

Helm Hammerhead
March 13th, 2016, 15:24
Hi Azaran I want to do some work on your RQ extension. What software did you use to make the information ? and how did you convert the file to a ext.file ? so it could be used on FG ?

Thanks

Tim

damned
March 14th, 2016, 06:15
ext files are .zip files renamed so that FG knows how to handle them.
unzip the file and have a look thru the xml files for some inspiration.

Azaran
March 14th, 2016, 09:12
ext files are .zip files renamed so that FG knows how to handle them.
unzip the file and have a look thru the xml files for some inspiration.

What he said:)

I recommend notepad++ to work on the files.

bestellen
June 29th, 2016, 14:04
Now it's fully workable. Thank you very much

ChiefW4
September 2nd, 2016, 21:05
Just found it, Azaran! Thank you sir!

Azaran
September 7th, 2016, 18:39
No problem Chief, hope you have some good fun :)

It's a bit.... bitty, but in all honesty that's the BRP ruleset behind it that doesnt have much in the way of bells and whistles like the adnd 5e ruleset does. Lets hope that changes soon.

Myrdin Potter
January 1st, 2017, 18:52
With the delivery of the extras for the RQ2 Kickstarter humming along, playing RQ2 games is something I am interested in again. No other ruleset has everything that 5e does, does the BRP ruleset plus this extension allow for RQ2 play?

Azaran
January 3rd, 2017, 18:32
It does indeed. It's not as smooth as the 5e ruleset but once the updated BRP ruleset is released, i'll re-do this extension to work with it.

It handles things like the RQ2 character sheet, skill rolling, attacks and parries though parry you have to add as an attack skill.

It doesn't do some other things like spirit combat, that's still pretty much an opposed roll moderated by the GM.

Once the updated ruleset is out i'll look into expanding the extension perhaps to automate some of those features.

Thane
July 18th, 2017, 17:10
It does indeed. It's not as smooth as the 5e ruleset but once the updated BRP ruleset is released, i'll re-do this extension to work with it.

It handles things like the RQ2 character sheet, skill rolling, attacks and parries though parry you have to add as an attack skill.

It doesn't do some other things like spirit combat, that's still pretty much an opposed roll moderated by the GM.

Once the updated ruleset is out i'll look into expanding the extension perhaps to automate some of those features.

Woot! That would be great!

manfriday
August 29th, 2017, 15:05
Hi!

I know this is an old thread, and BRP is an old extension, and that on top of that, I am trying to fit RQ2 play into all of this..
But, how are you guys using the combat tracker with Strike Ranks?

The Strike Rank system in the BRP ruleset either seems kludgey or I am just not using it correctly.

Its fine if you are only performing one action multiple times, but how do you deal with a situation like firing a bow.

So, your archer fires a bow on SR2 (becuase the arrow was loaded on the last round).
And then reloads (taking 5 SR)
and then fires again on SR7.

If I set the characters SR to 2, her SR comes up every other time I press the "next actor" button.
I can see the logic of what the ruleset is trying to do. Im just not sure how to work around it.

What do you guys do?