PDA

View Full Version : One shots next friday 9-18 (6:30 central usa) forgotten realms 5e

Arislan24
September 11th, 2015, 22:42
FG License: Full License
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: US Central
Day of week and time: Friday 6:30PM
If new game, planned start date: September 18th
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Short Term 1 Shot. Using to feel out players for long term campaign

Text or Voice: Voice for all the things!
Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: All the things should have some roleplay.
Number of Players in game & needed: 4
Character starting level & equipment: Pre-Gen Characters will be supplied.
Character restrictions: See above!

Scenario Details: Bandits Nest recruiting for campaign.

I am looking for players who are interested in joining my take on the Forgotten Realms. I am looking for mature players with a sense of commitment and responsability. I understand that real life comes first though if one were to miss a session without prior notice I will take it as lost interest. As I put effort in preparing games for the group, you would be letting not only myself down but the other players as well.

So if you are: Easy going, relaxed, into roleplaying (all actions should be roleplaying else I would be playing video games) not a rule lawyer, ok with house rules.

Submissions without prior contact will automatically be refused.
Link to Game calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1620

damned
September 12th, 2015, 05:07
Welcome Arislan24 . More GMs is always good. Probably the most important things to get on top of are Encounters/CombatTracker/Tokens and then sharing of Maps and Story. Everything else can be learnt later when you are more comfortable.

Chucky Larms
September 12th, 2015, 05:20
Count me in! Do you have a link to the calendar?

Arislan24
September 12th, 2015, 19:41
Sorry, this is my first rodeo on using the forums. I edited the original post for those interested in the game calendar.

Chucky Larms
September 12th, 2015, 19:49
What pre-gens do you have available?

Arislan24
September 12th, 2015, 20:00
Thanks for the advice and the welcome :)

Looking forward to some epic games inside of Fantasy Grounds. I came from Roll20 and in my opinion this software, once learned, will outshine Roll20 in both streamlined combat and map making, as well as less cumbersome mechanics to fool around with during the character creation process. These 3 factors alone literally have saved me hours during the prep time and also save us time during the session time. As a GM with nearly 20 yrs experience, this for me has been like finding the Holy Grail.

Arislan24
September 12th, 2015, 20:02

Actually I'll need to ask a friend that created the pregens what they are before I go off spouting that we can make any kind. I'll get back with you on this.

Zacchaeus
September 12th, 2015, 20:35
Hi, Arisian and welcome to Fantasy Grounds and the forums.

Above you mention that the game is scheduled for Friday 18th but the Calendar shows Saturday 19th. I know I'm in a different timezone but I'm not that far away :)

Arislan24
September 13th, 2015, 18:55

The pre-gens are 2 dwarfs, 1 fighter and cleric. A Human Wizard, and a Rogue Halfling. Very typical party and we are using Basic PHB for now. all level 1s with tie-ins included within character notes.

Arislan24
September 13th, 2015, 18:57
Hi, Arisian and welcome to Fantasy Grounds and the forums.

Above you mention that the game is scheduled for Friday 18th but the Calendar shows Saturday 19th. I know I'm in a different timezone but I'm not that far away :)

Uh, Zachaeus. I am not sure what you are talking about... My profile time is set to central time US and the Game Calendar time is also set to the correct date of 9-18-2015. Maybe it is something I can't see on my end.

Qedian
September 14th, 2015, 06:25
Hey, I'm interested in having a go. Will send you a pm and apply on the calender page

Trenloe
September 15th, 2015, 00:21
It's 30 minutes past midnight for you on the 19th.

Chucky Larms
September 15th, 2015, 01:58
Zacchaeus, 9/18 6:30pm US Central time is 12:30am 9/19 BST.

Penguizilla
September 16th, 2015, 19:11
If you've still got space I'd love to join in. I'm new to FG but a long time player/DM.

JonRM
September 17th, 2015, 05:01
After the one shot, will we be able to supply our own characters for the long haul? I dont work anymore, new to FG, willing to purchase and willing to learn. Been playing through the tutorials and have a very basic grasp. Played D&D when 3.5 came out, then quit when I joined the service. I missed 4E, 5E, but am more than willing to learn and study between games. Please let me know if you are possibly interested in having me in one of your games.

Arislan24
September 17th, 2015, 21:09
After the one shot, will we be able to supply our own characters for the long haul? I dont work anymore, new to FG, willing to purchase and willing to learn. Been playing through the tutorials and have a very basic grasp. Played D&D when 3.5 came out, then quit when I joined the service. I missed 4E, 5E, but am more than willing to learn and study between games. Please let me know if you are possibly interested in having me in one of your games.

I am interested. I don't mind new players to 5e. And we can make time to help you as long as you are willing to do the reading for yourself. I definitely can help and even some of my players are experienced enough who may be able to help. As for fantasy grounds I am quite new to it as well. I've been playing in it since early August and just bought in under full license nearly a month ago. And as for the campaign taking place after this one shot, absolutely. We can discuss what is needed for that campaign or what you can and ca't bring into the game character wise. For now I just wanna make sure all the players are cool with house rules, starting out at level 3 and giving me some sort of back ground as to how you got there (level 3) within reason to the forgotten realms setting. I am not picky on races as long as they are typical PHB or just re-skinned versions of races within the PHB. After the one shot tomorrow I'll discuss with anyone who is accepted what exactly some rules are and what type of setting we will be playing under. So, yea if you are interested go to the game calendar link on the first initial post and go ahead and apply on there. I am only accepting one more... and it's first come first serve basis.

JonRM
September 17th, 2015, 21:42
Awesome, thanks for the reply!
I will prepare a back story and have it ready for viewing tonight by 11pm EST. I will also have purchased the FG and be reading the 5E books. Thanks for considering my app.

Arislan24
September 18th, 2015, 03:25
Hi everyone! Thank you for your responses and applications. The session is now full for tomorrow. I am sorry if you didn't pick it was first come first serve. The calendar will show who all was accepted.