PDA

View Full Version : PFS #5-07 Port Godless, Saturday 19 Sept, 6pm GMT

cmdisc
September 11th, 2015, 19:45
Calendar can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1619

Sign-ups here take precedence over Calendar sign-ups. I am reserving 1 spot for now but may release it early next week. I have both the 5-6 and 8-9 subtiers prepped, so whatever you guys settle on is fine with me.

AxitMaster
September 11th, 2015, 20:21
Yes my Saturday will no longer be empty.

However looks like I will have to resort to a Pre-Gen for this but there is no pre-gen that I know of falling into either game tier, They are all Lvl 1, 4, or 7.

However I would like to make it if at all possible.

xazil
September 11th, 2015, 20:58
Unfortunately I can't make the time, but otherwise would be there in either subtler.

AxitMaster
September 11th, 2015, 21:15
Aww man I really do need to check my times and zones better as I cannot make this time. So that sorts needing a character. Sorry.

cmdisc
September 11th, 2015, 22:14
Unfortunately I can't make the time, but otherwise would be there in either subtler.

Would it help if we pushed it to an hour later to make it a touch more friendly for either of you?

cmdisc
September 11th, 2015, 22:27
Also, it is important to note that this scenario is chock full of detail and quite a number of various encounter types. This has a very good chance of requiring more than the standard 5 hours. Which means unless we can start promptly and keep everything moving along, we either look at going over on time or else schedule a follow-up session ASAP so as not to keep anyone's characters tied up in limbo.

I have put Sunday the 20th at 7pm GMT on the calendar as a possible follow-up, if needed. That date is flexible.

Farnaby
September 12th, 2015, 08:39
I'll give it a shot.

Myrddin
September 12th, 2015, 10:20
Count me in, please! I'll bring Tremlin Silastar (Bard 5, Ranger 2) along. The slightly later time suits me, but I could make the earlier time slot if necessary. I'll post char .xml, chronicles etc in a couple of days.

cmdisc
September 12th, 2015, 16:47
Glad to have you aboard Farnaby and Myrddin. I have adjusted the calendar to reflect a 6pm and 7pm start time on the 19th (both GMT). I've also included a 7pm for the 20th in case we run later than someone can stay. As mentioned, this scenario really has quite a bit to it and I'm pretty sure we will need more than 5 hours in order to do it justice.

Zardoz4
September 14th, 2015, 06:56
I'd like to play a Tiefling Fighter, but on Sundays I'm running my own FG Pathfinder Campaign starting 1700 GMT. If that's OK with you I'll gladly join. I can provide that fighter between 5-10. Higher Levels give some more options, so I'd prefer your Higher Subtier ;)

cmdisc
September 14th, 2015, 08:09
I'd like to play a Tiefling Fighter, but on Sundays I'm running my own FG Pathfinder Campaign starting 1700 GMT. If that's OK with you I'll gladly join. I can provide that fighter between 5-10. Higher Levels give some more options, so I'd prefer your Higher Subtier ;)

Just to be sure we're clear, this is for Pathfinder Society. So you will need either a registered character who has achieved the appropriate level and has signed Chronicles from your previous GMs or else one of the official pregenerated character. You are not able to just build a 5th to 10th level character from scratch.

cmdisc
September 14th, 2015, 11:26
Just a heads up; we might be rescheduling the date for this. I've sent PMs to those that are confirmed for this time to see if they want to forge ahead or look for a time that doesn't conflict with xazil's game so folks from there can hop aboard here.

cmdisc
September 14th, 2015, 19:13
Ok, I spoke with a few people concerning rescheduling and am entertaining either Sunday the 20th or Friday the 25th. Start time can be either 6pm or 7pm GMT. Both dates are on the calendar, so those of you who are confirmed, please vote so we can finalize a day/time.

Those that are interested but were busy with xazil's game, you no longer have an excuse to avoid me. BWAHAHAHAHA!

Zardoz4
September 14th, 2015, 21:25
Just to be sure we're clear, this is for Pathfinder Society. So you will need either a registered character who has achieved the appropriate level and has signed Chronicles from your previous GMs or else one of the official pregenerated character. You are not able to just build a 5th to 10th level character from scratch.

Thought we could just point build a character. No fun in pre-generated chars. I'll just withdraw the application.

cmdisc
September 14th, 2015, 21:50
Thought we could just point build a character. No fun in pre-generated chars. I'll just withdraw the application.

You do use Point Buy for a character, but you begin at Level 1 and then take them through various one-shot Scenarios to earn XP and increase their level. At the end of each session you receive a Chronicle signed by the GM that shows the XP and Gold that you have earned. If you don't have a character of high enough level for a Scenario, you can use a 1st, 4th, or 7th level pregen character and then apply the Chronicle you get to either a brand new 1st level character or hold it for another of your characters until that one reaches the level of the pregen you played.

The beauty of this system is that you can go from table to table and GM to GM with the same character, gaming with different groups of people, and leveling up as you go. The Chronicles are there as reference that shows your character really has the XP and Gold that you say they have. If it's something you want to look into, you can head over to the Paizo site and click on their Pathfinder Society link to find out more.

Victor
September 14th, 2015, 23:11
Those that are interested but were busy with xazil's game, you no longer have an excuse to avoid me. BWAHAHAHAHA!

Alright already I'll join! Sheesh, you guys can't make a move without me can you?
:)
I was going to alert you this game had a conflict but didn't want to be annoying, glad you are looking at other times, I love your games!

Still not sure if the time will work out for me but I'll jump on the calendar and go from there. :) Thanks for the adjustment!

xazil
September 14th, 2015, 23:19
I should be good for a 4 hour game on the Friday or the Sunday is fine. I have several characters of either tier available.

Myrddin
September 15th, 2015, 00:24
I'm fine for Sunday, but can't make Friday nights I'm afraid.

Victor
September 15th, 2015, 00:35
Yea it's looking like this Sunday is the sweet spot. No time limits for xazil or myself if we play then too. See Y'all there!

xazil
September 15th, 2015, 02:26
I have high tier:
Janek Traptinker - Sorcerer / Pathfinder Field Agent 8 - Control spells + Traps.
Phorynous - Cleric 8 - Negative Channeler. Rahdoum + holy symbol tattoo might be bad.

Then low tier:
Haplo - Samurai 5 - Mounted Tank
Ulheim - Alchemist 6 - Reach melee + bombs
Ragnar - Druid 6 - Heavy meleer

AxitMaster
September 15th, 2015, 10:16
Hi

I can definitely make it for Sun, Sep 20th 09:00 PM (My Time) and would love to be in the game.

cmdisc
September 15th, 2015, 11:55
Looks like Sunday is lining up for everyone. So we'll be a go at 7pm GMT. Make sure you have your snacks and drinks and are ready to tuck in for a long session.

As you hash out who is bringing what builds, please post your XMLs and Chronicles accordingly. I'd like everything by Saturday evening GMT.

I'm still reserving the last spot, but anyone interested can post here to sign up for if/when I release it.

xazil
September 15th, 2015, 21:48
Looks like balance wise it will be Phorynous. He will probably require some help although not to get imprisoned, but maybe his Tian Xia deity isn't immediately recognised either.

Myrddin
September 17th, 2015, 01:24
Last chronicle, updated inventory tracker and .xml for Tremlin attached. I have assumed pre-scenario purchases of 20 cold iron arrows, weapon blanch (adamantine) and weapon blanch (silver) - hope that's ok?

cmdisc
September 17th, 2015, 05:52
Yes, the purchases are fine. We will be starting in the city of Manaket in Rahadoum.

Also I am opening up the last slot in the event that someone else comes along and is interested.

xazil
September 17th, 2015, 06:12
Phorynous as a Mendevian cleric who has fought demons and helped make safe parts of the Crusaders Road want's to help out his Riftwarden compatriots. He just might need some help with the local customs....

(PS he also now has Outflank, not sure if either of our sneak attackers are packing it...)

AxitMaster
September 17th, 2015, 11:42
Hi

Here is Ty'Char character file. I a currently waiting on the latest chronicle sheet for him and will forward it to you as soon a I get it.

Thanks looking forward to this on Sunday.

xazil
September 17th, 2015, 14:42
Here is Phorynous. Now all updated correctly and with chronicle sheet.

cmdisc
September 19th, 2015, 12:00
Ok, things are looking good. Icafar is on the calendar, but hasn't posted anything here. I've PMed him, but haven't heard back yet. So unless he or someone else jumps in last minute, we'll be going with a group of 5.

Those that haven't sent me their XML and/or Chronicle please do so by end of day Saturday (GMT). If you're still waiting on your latest Chronicle, send along the most recent one you have and let me know what you anticipate the missing one to be. That gives me a baseline to work from.

Right now we are looking at:

Rogue8/Monk1
Cleric8
Archanist7
Bard5/Ranger2
and ???

We will be running through the 8-9 subtier regardless of what ??? ends up being. If he/she is 7+ then it will be the standard 8-9 subtier. If he/she is 5th or 6th, then the APL will be 7 and we will be playing with the 4 PC adjustment.

I understand that at higher levels character options become more limited. It looks like the cleric and Rogue are your front-line right now. Keep that in mind when considering what role ??? should fill. ;)

Farnaby
September 19th, 2015, 12:43
Sorry about the delay, had to do my xml file again.
Also haven\t received my last chronicle yet.

Here's Meredith, ninja 9:

And here's the latest chronicle (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byi37alIzB4rZUVKODljZGc1VTRQd2JGVVhiMy1iMHA2cWxn/view?usp=sharing) (i.e. 2 adventures ago). Please note I got 3 xp last session for a module and I put some purchases in the notes tab.

Farnaby
September 19th, 2015, 12:44
Ok, things are looking good. Icafar is on the calendar, but hasn't posted anything here. I've PMed him, but haven't heard back yet. So unless he or someone else jumps in last minute, we'll be going with a group of 5.

Those that haven't sent me their XML and/or Chronicle please do so by end of day Saturday (GMT). If you're still waiting on your latest Chronicle, send along the most recent one you have and let me know what you anticipate the missing one to be. That gives me a baseline to work from.

Right now we are looking at:

Rogue8/Monk1
Cleric8
Archanist7
Bard5/Ranger2
and ???

We will be running through the 8-9 subtier regardless of what ??? ends up being. If he/she is 7+ then it will be the standard 8-9 subtier. If he/she is 5th or 6th, then the APL will be 7 and we will be playing with the 4 PC adjustment.

I understand that at higher levels character options become more limited. It looks like the cleric and Rogue are your front-line right now. Keep that in mind when considering what role ??? should fill. ;)

You left out Meredith - Ninja 9

cmdisc
September 19th, 2015, 16:25
You left out Meredith - Ninja 9

I must not have seen her. Good ninja. :p

Farnaby
September 20th, 2015, 18:14
Sorry, going to have to bail.
I just got my shift changed to early and have to get up at 6 a.m.
FYI, for me the game starts at 9 p.m. so I'd only have a couple of hours sleep at most.

Sorry.

Good luck!

cmdisc
September 20th, 2015, 18:54
Ok, that puts us at 4 PCs. This still puts us comfortably into the 8-9 subtier, but I will be using the 4 PC adjustments.

Do we want to continue with what we have or reschedule for later in the week or next weekend? I'm perfectly fine with either option. I will leave it up to you guys.

cmdisc
September 20th, 2015, 18:57
Server is up, just in case.

AxitMaster
September 20th, 2015, 19:12
Sorry for lateness of chronicle but here is latest for Ty'Char.

cmdisc
September 20th, 2015, 19:27
Sorry. Restarting my computer. Server will be back up in a moment.

cmdisc
September 20th, 2015, 19:36
Ok. Server is back up.

cmdisc
September 21st, 2015, 03:05
Congratulations all! Just shy of 7 hours and we trimmed another 10 minutes or so by calling it at the end when you had things cornered. Although there was a bit of bad rolling all around and some of you were getting iffy with the hpt totals left, you pulled through and did a great job.

I'm sorry that you weren't able to make it, Farnaby. If you're up for any CORE games, let me know as I'll be trying to sneak one of those in before things get too busy with the CON. I'm looking at either Icebound Outpost or Citadel of Flame. Or maybe I'll just start with the first part of Quest for Perfection and continue with parts 2 and 3 after the CON. Anyway, that's getting off track and hijacking my own thread. :p

Attached is a fillable pre-chronicle. Normally I just go off of the notes I ask you for, but I know some of us were rushed to close things down at the end, so...yeah. Get this filled out and back to me at your leisure and I'll get them returned straight away. If you need it ASAP, then let me know and you'll take priority.

Thanks again.

AxitMaster
September 22nd, 2015, 13:57
Hope this is what you need.

cmdisc
September 22nd, 2015, 16:42
For some reason the copy you attached is coming up blank for me. Not sure if the problem is on your end or mine.

AxitMaster
September 22nd, 2015, 23:32
Try 2

HoloGnome
September 23rd, 2015, 00:37
Maybe you should change his name to Char'Try.

cmdisc
September 23rd, 2015, 19:50
The game has been reported. I will post the signed chronicles tomorrow. If you haven't gotten a fillable pre-chronicle back to me, please do so.

For those that might be interested in this scenario I am considering running it again. I am tracking two other players that would be interested in this, one for higher subtier and one for lower.

HG, I know you purchased the pdf. Are you thinking of running this anytime soon?

HoloGnome
September 23rd, 2015, 21:50
Yes - I bought the pdf post-game. Now that I've played it. I'd like to GM it. Not this week however. I have to do tapestry's toil. Have you played port godless?

cmdisc
September 23rd, 2015, 22:20
I have not. With this and a few other scenarios I ran recently, I've broken my rule of playing first before running. :)

Myrddin
September 24th, 2015, 01:26
Thanks for the game cm. Great fun. Pre-chronicle attached for Tremlin.

cmdisc
September 27th, 2015, 18:42
Chronicles attached. Will pull them down in a few days. Let me know if anything needs changing. HG, you're good with yours.

HoloGnome
October 4th, 2015, 17:22
Thanks for running! Fun game! :D

Naughtydread
October 4th, 2015, 18:03
Does this game allow pregens which give credit to a lower PFS character?

cmdisc
October 4th, 2015, 18:16
Does this game allow pregens which give credit to a lower PFS character?

Pathfinder Society games can be run with legal pregens of either 1st, 4th, or 7th level. To apply the credit to a character it either has to be a character of equal or greater level than the pregen or else a brand new 1st level character with 0 XP.

Trenloe
October 5th, 2015, 05:20
or else a brand new 1st level character with 0 XP.
This has changed (over a year ago), you can apply a chronicle from a pregen to a 1st level PC - it doesn't have to be brand new. i.e. could be a PC currently with 0-2.5xp.

cmdisc
October 5th, 2015, 05:53
Really? Ah, the little details I miss. Thanks for that!