PDA

View Full Version : LFG 5e D&D (3 players)

chopkins779
September 10th, 2015, 19:57
Hello, three of us are looking to join or start a game (need a DM). We currently have characters at level 3 (barbarian, rogue, sorcerer), so a game that starts at level 3 or around there would be ideal.

We are looking for a Monday, Thursday, or Sunday night game (EST).

GenSmicer
September 10th, 2015, 20:44
You prolly want to add the times you want to play and such, since the info in this post is basicly just that you guys want a dm to play :p.

chopkins779
September 10th, 2015, 21:09
Thanks for being so kind.

chopkins779
September 10th, 2015, 21:13
Two of us are DM's but we'd like to be on the same side for once.

ArteF
September 10th, 2015, 21:18
I'm actually in the same boat, just had a bad DM experience so I'm considering DMing for myself. I believe I can devote the time, but my understanding of DMing is from the perspective of a player. At the moment I'm not convicted to be a DM though but if something changes soon... actually if you guys want to do a test run I'll go for it, since you both have experience as DM's you could cough if I'm doing something wrong.

I'm familiar with 5e to where I'm comfortable with the mechanics.

damned
September 10th, 2015, 22:48
DMing with experienced players can help. The important things to learn mechanically for FG are Combat/Encounters and sharing of Maps and Stories. Everything else can come later once you are ready to take on more work. Dont sweat effects. Use Modifiers as you need them instead.
DMing as a role... that comes naturally to some but most of us need time to develop our DM skills.

JohnD
September 10th, 2015, 22:59
It will help if you let people know what time zone you're in so they can tell what your "evening" is in their terms.

ArteF
September 10th, 2015, 23:03
@damned

Thanks, I'm semi familiar with how FG works with sharing information.

I'm at GMT -5

chopkins779
September 12th, 2015, 00:58
@ArteF. I will talk to the other two and get back to you. What day would be good for you?

I would recommend running a premade campaign to start. The new one that is coming out (or just came out) looks pretty cool.

ArteF
September 12th, 2015, 01:21
At GMT-5:

Sunday and Saturday anytime not 10pm-9am
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday - 7pm- 12am
Wednesday, Friday - 6pm - 12am

I can pick of the module from steam for apocalypse, if you guys all have the paid version then I could DM otherwise I may have to upgrade the unlimited for a while. Right now I'm trying all over to get in a game XD, but it's tough.

chopkins779
September 12th, 2015, 04:28
How about Sunday from 7 to 10pm EST? (maybe 11pm if people aren't too tired)

I have the ultimate version, the other two do not. I'll send you my skype information in a private message. We can talk more there.

Rogue
September 13th, 2015, 20:17
If you all are looking for a DM to run Princes of the Apocolypse, then I could run it for you. I have an Ultimate license, and would be happy to run it for you on Sunday evenings.

Wazoodust
September 13th, 2015, 21:05
I could get interested in playing if the time works out, I'm EST and should be available Sun or Mon evenings (Monday would be better for me) if the times don't work for you guys then I'm sure you could find several others to play when you schedule it. I'm of a similar mindset, I DM LMoP on Tuesdays and AL in the shop on Wednesdays, it would be nice to sit on the other side of the proverbial DM screen for once.