PDA

View Full Version : Including thumbnails with my export modules from PAR5E.

jajen2003
September 10th, 2015, 15:47
Hello everyone,

I'm running FG and PAR5E on a Mac. I'm making a spell module for the Princes of Apocalypse adventure.

I'm getting the spells parsed out ok and the modules loads just fine. But for the life of me, I can't get the thumbnail to load in FG.

Steps I've taken so far:

1. I export the image I want to use as the thumbnail from Photoshop as thumbnail.png and place it in the [output] folder of the module
2. In PAR5E I set my [Module Path] to a desktop folder I made for all my PAR5E files.
3. In PAR5E I set my [FG Modules Path] to Application Data/Fantasy Grounds/modules.
4. I parse the file.

So when I parse, the module exports well. I can bring it up in FG and see all the items/spells I've created. But the thumbnail.png is nowhere to be found.

I'm anticipating user error to be the culprit. Can anyone out there help me out?

Many thanks,

Jake(DM)

jajen2003
September 10th, 2015, 15:54
Ooooh... I figured it out.

In the [input] folder for the .properties files you're parsing, aka the module you're making, you have to create a new folder called [images]. Drop the thumbnail.png into the [input/images] folder. From the Configuration screen in PAR5E, make sure that the input/images REF box is checked (that's the middle column of boxes). Then save the .properties file and then parse. Restart FG so it can reload from the /modules folder and the thumbnail will show up when you are selecting which modules to load.

:D

GunnarGreybeard
September 10th, 2015, 16:06
Yeah, I think the hardcoding of the thumbnail path was removed from Par5e a while back so you have to add the image there now for it to pick up and parse it.

Nexum
October 15th, 2015, 00:08
Hey so i just tried doing what you said and it is still not picking up the thumbnail. Any idea's why?

Okay, got it. It was changed to look for a file named thumbnail.png in the main module file. In the same location as the .properties file is saved, not in the input/images folder. Don't have to select the reference for images anymore either.