PDA

View Full Version : Defeated Markers question

Crymoricus
September 10th, 2015, 02:41
I feel like i'm missing something pretty obvious here, but I can't seem to find it -- how to remove defeated markers (blood splatters) from map?

Thanks!

Mask_of_winter
September 10th, 2015, 02:52
In the options, will turning it off work? Or is that for before the map is stained with blood? hehe

Trenloe
September 10th, 2015, 02:56
See the top right:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9534&d=1428427988

Crymoricus
September 10th, 2015, 03:12
I love you guys. Ask a simple question, get a simple answer in 5...4...3...2...1.

This is really one of the things that makes FG the best, imo.

Thanks!

Crymoricus
September 10th, 2015, 03:24
BTW, Trenloe... is there a link to where that came from? I've been using:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/Savage%20Worlds%204%20Supplement-1.2.pdf

Have a link to a newer version? Thanks.

Trenloe
September 10th, 2015, 04:12
BTW, Trenloe... is there a link to where that came from?
The original dead markers extension thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23629-Dead-Markers-feature-idea&p=205326&viewfull=1#post205326

Crymoricus
September 10th, 2015, 04:52
Eh, this ruleset is a thing of beauty.

midas
September 10th, 2015, 21:38
But...but...why would you ever want to get rid of splats? They're so satisfying. :)

Mask_of_winter
September 11th, 2015, 02:08
But...but...why would you ever want to get rid of splats? They're so satisfying. :)

I second that, it never gets old, players cheers every time hehe

Debinani
September 20th, 2015, 03:20

I actually used them today for the first time and liked them, but they weren't scaled well to the map, so every time something died, there was a blood splatter the size of a house left behind on the map. :/

midas
September 20th, 2015, 03:35
Is there a way I can add splats to my 5e game? :)

damned
September 20th, 2015, 03:42
Is there a way I can add splats to my 5e game? :)

Yes.
With lots of coding!
Ikael mentions in another thread there are some reasons its not easy to add to another ruleset - but it can be done.
They look good dont they!

Ikael
September 20th, 2015, 07:25
I actually used them today for the first time and liked them, but they weren't scaled well to the map, so every time something died, there was a blood splatter the size of a house left behind on the map. :/

This issue was fixed some time ago, have you updated your ruleset? And what sized token are you using?

Ikael
September 20th, 2015, 07:27
Yes.
With lots of coding!
Ikael mentions in another thread there are some reasons its not easy to add to another ruleset - but it can be done.
They look good dont they!

It doesn't require that much coding, the issue was that it needs to include new token to ruleset and that cannot be done in extension as far as I know

Debinani
September 21st, 2015, 14:09
This issue was fixed some time ago, have you updated your ruleset? And what sized token are you using?

I'm using the latest yes. I think the majority of my tokens are 50px - but I don't think I locked the token scale on the map. On a grid where a 50px token took up 90% of each square, the splat covered 4-5 squares.

Ikael
September 22nd, 2015, 07:02
I'm using the latest yes. I think the majority of my tokens are 50px - but I don't think I locked the token scale on the map. On a grid where a 50px token took up 90% of each square, the splat covered 4-5 squares.

If you don't lock the scale -- that's the problem. Blood splatter icons are 256px sized and without token scale locked on map, they will render as big as they are. You should either lock the scale on map or use 256px sized tokens so that both sizes matches. Alternatively you can set the feature to off.

AstaSyneri
October 21st, 2015, 14:10
Oh my gosh, is that blood spatter pretty. I hadn't even realized it was in 4.1 yet - by default it was off :(. Doswelk made me aware of it, when we splatted his zombies at FG Con (so much fun :D)).

Thanks Ikael!

Trenloe
February 20th, 2024, 17:56
this is way more complicated than it has the right to be to just to get blood spatter to work like it's supposed to..
We're making the assumption that there may be something technical stopping you from using death markers, maybe that's not the case and you've been reviewing old videos, as there has been a few different versions of these over the years, based off ruleset used and also extensions.

I'd recommend you review this Wiki page, and the two videos at the bottom: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2147647495/Death+Markers

Extensions are selected in the create campaign or load campaign screen in the "Extensions" section.

I see you've deleted your previous post. I get it, you're frustrated, but you've come to the public FG forums asking for assistance. Most of the people on these forums are just users like you, including me, and we try to help other users in our own free time. We're trying to help you and, as mentioned above, from a support standpoint we were trying to work out a baseline set of data to be able help you - in case there was a technical issue. Maybe the issue isn't technical, so please review the Wiki page and videos linked above and come back if you have further issues/questions.

Doswelk
February 28th, 2024, 07:44
Closing this thread, Deadsailor necro'd a long dead thread to ask a question, then it seems got upset by something and deleted all their posts, so no useful content here, in addition this feature has been superseded by the Core Rules version which is different to the original SW version anyway.