PDA

View Full Version : Warlock spell slots

bumbdies_prophet
September 9th, 2015, 19:46
Hi. Is anyone else seeing that expended Warlock spell slots do not refresh after a short rest as they should? They do refresh after a long rest, suggesting the slots are coded to 'day' instead of 'rest'. I don't see a way of correcting this locally - short of ditching the feature and creating a fill-in 'power' based on 'rest'.

thank you

Zacchaeus
September 9th, 2015, 20:23
Indeed, this is not working correctly. You should add that to the list of bugs in the sticky above (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23710-5E-Bug-Reports-and-Notices-of-Fixes-Rolled-Out)

bumbdies_prophet
September 9th, 2015, 20:59
Thanks for confirming, reported to bug thead.

Moon Wizard
September 19th, 2015, 08:35
I didn't realize the full extent of the differences between spellcasting and pact magic when it comes to slots. Now that I'm rereading the rules with a fresh set of eyes and your comments, I understand the differences better. The pact magic slots will have to be tracked completely separately in order to support warlock and multiclassing correctly. This will require a UI change, new fields and more. I'll have to queue up for a coming patch.

I wish they wouldn't have made warlock so different mechanically from the other classes. It would have made some things a lot easier.

Regards,
JPG

Willot
September 19th, 2015, 09:46
"DOnt talk to me about standardization! I was on the sub committee that reviewed the colour of the folder which held the design specs.......we kept it grey!

Zacchaeus
September 19th, 2015, 11:35
I didn't realize the full extent of the differences between spellcasting and pact magic when it comes to slots. Now that I'm rereading the rules with a fresh set of eyes and your comments, I understand the differences better. The pact magic slots will have to be tracked completely separately in order to support warlock and multiclassing correctly. This will require a UI change, new fields and more. I'll have to queue up for a coming patch.

I wish they wouldn't have made warlock so different mechanically from the other classes. It would have made some things a lot easier.

Regards,
JPG

Indeed. Thanks Moon.