PDA

View Full Version : looking for group, call of Cthulhu

alabad al simio
September 9th, 2015, 19:25
Hello people.

I moved to a foreign country (Germany) and I miss playing role playing games a lot. My German level is awful, so I would love to find a group to play with using FG. I have played D&D (2, 3 & 5 editions), vampire the masquerade, and some other games. But I have never played the Call of Cthulhlu although I love HP Lovecraft stories. I only have played Mansion of Madness or Arkham Horror games.

If any existing group is in need of another player, I would love to join! Otherwise, maybe we can build a new party!

About me: 30yo, spaniard, quite new in FG but hungry of adventures :P

damned
September 10th, 2015, 06:24
hey there alabad al simio (id love to know the background to your name!) I don't have a campaign for you but ianmward is running a CoC session next weekend here: https://www.gamergeekend.org/events/event/call-of-cthulhu-7th-ed-edge-of-darkness/ please also PM him here as well as the bookings for that event have been playing up.
Next month at FGCon7 there will be a bunch of Cthulhu and other horror based games running! More info soon.

alabad al simio
September 10th, 2015, 08:22
Thank you,damned, for the light you brought upon me :)

If you are curious about my nick name, it is just the Spanish translation for "hail to the chimp" (a gag in an old the Simpsons episode) :P

I will try to contact ianmward and sign in gamergeekend.

jwn-74
September 21st, 2015, 11:25
Hello there fellow Cthulhu enthusiast.

Like you im also looking for CoC group to play with at the moment. Weekly or biweekly basis. I have just found FG and i was lucky enough to find that CoC 7th edition event on GamersGeekend. Thanks again to IanMWard for hosting it as GM btw. Seems to be hard to find group, but i will let you know if i do.

I am: 40yo, Finnish, noobie to FG and avid H. P. Lovecraft fan. I just got CoC ruleset, so at some point i could throw a game as GM too but for now i want to get used to FG/CoC system first. And my prefered comm. is ts3 on game session.

PS: For all of those whom are planning to host CoC game session as GM, please let me know if you need players.

damned
September 21st, 2015, 11:39
Hey jwn-74 - alabad al simio was in the same session as you I think :)
I will be running a Trail of Cthulhu session at FGCon7 and Ian will undoubtedly run another CoC session!

CoC games are a little thin on the ground and this is one reason we are running a little horror theme for FGCon7!

jwn-74
September 21st, 2015, 11:57
Howdy there damned.

Thanks for reply. Ah, recon i didnt regognized alabad al simio then :o

Yes it seems that CoC groups are thin here.

I'll be looking forward to any upcoming Cthulhu events thou.