PDA

View Full Version : Ready Check?

GunbunnyFuFu
September 8th, 2015, 22:46
Don't know if this is available or not, but when we take a 10 min or break every couple of hours, is there something like a "ready check" like in some MMO games where the player indicates they are ready to continue?

GB

Trenloe
September 8th, 2015, 22:52
Type /vote Ready? in the chat window. It will give all players a vote option - everyone including the GM sees the current status. Players click on their highlighted check circle once to show a tick, once again to show an X and once again to clear it. The only issue with this is that it's anonymous, so you don't know which player might not be ready.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Chat_Commands

You can use the very handy /vote <message> functionality for any time you need a decision made by the players.

Another way to get players to show if they are ready is to set the AFK toggle on their player portrait on the desktop when they take the break and then toggle it off (right-click - select AFK) when they return.

GunbunnyFuFu
September 8th, 2015, 23:32
Thank you so much Trenloe!!!

GB

Xorn
September 10th, 2015, 20:00
A really fancy option is to make an image leather texture, then in gold lettering put READY on one side and AFK on the other. Add character tokens (not from the tracker, just tokens) and players can slide themselves from one side to the other when we take a break mid-game.

It's really overkill--the AFK toggle is probably best. :)

Granted we use Hangouts for a video chat so it's easy to tell who's not in front of their machine.

damned
September 10th, 2015, 22:36
We use the /vote Back its simple and everyone is used to it now.

Griogre
September 11th, 2015, 00:53
I'm like Damned but I use punctuation ;) /vote Back? Somewhere an English teacher smiles.... :D

celestian
February 21st, 2017, 04:22
So, I was testing this out today (/vote Are You here?) and it looks like the attached image to me. Is that normal?

I was solo in FG.

Should it look different or do I just need more than one person in?

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2017, 05:18
Yes, only players get to vote, so you'll have zero voting slots (empty bubble frame graphic) if you do as GM without players connected.

Regards,
JPG