PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Society Scenario #7–01: Between the Lines 26 September 8pm BST

hawkwind
September 8th, 2015, 19:22
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–5.

Rival explorers have beaten the Pathfinders to a valuable site in Katapesh, but fortunately most of the riches—including the obscure text the Society sought in the first place—have ended up in the capitol’s extensive bazaars. What is at first a routine shopping trip spirals out of control as the PCs uncovers the writing’s secret past—and secret messages.

xml files and chronicle sheets posted in this thread if you want to play

Calendar https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=71

cmdisc
September 8th, 2015, 19:52
I'd like to hop aboard with this one. My character options are:

1st level Half-orc Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager/Urban Barbarian)
1st level Ifrit Bard (Dawnflower Dervish)
3rd level Tiefling Alchemist (Mindchemist)
3rd level Tengu Monk (Zen Archer)

Naughtydread
September 8th, 2015, 20:21
I would like to attend with my sorcerer. By then I should have gained a few levels.

Syaoran0503
September 8th, 2015, 21:33
I'd like to play in this game. My character options are the following:

1st level kitsune bard
1st level half-elf sorcerer
5th level human monk (Zen Archer)

Malkavian_Andi
September 8th, 2015, 23:16
I'm in, too. Looks like it's going to be low subtier, right?
My options for that tier are:
wayang bard 2
half-orc hunter 2
half-orc cleric of Groetus 2
tengu rogue 2
human warpriest of Besmara 3
half-orc melee druid 3
nagaji bloodrager 3
human alchemist 3
human bard 3
human sorcerer 2, bard 1

I'll make up my mind about which one to play, but maybe you guys have a preference of what to have at your side.

Lord Kavos
September 8th, 2015, 23:41
Hi Hawk,

Long time no speak...

Im keen to play this one - just want to make sure the timing works out.

The link to your calendar is broken btw - i searched & found it, but the link should be as follows:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1613

Could you enter in the slot time on the calendar buddy so I can confirm I can play this one? Once you have done that I will upload my PC files..

Would be looking to play Ember, my lvl 4 Ifrit Bard/Swashbuckler.

cmdisc
September 9th, 2015, 06:47
This looks like it can go either subtier, although the 4-5 is more likely. We have a 2nd that will be 3rd soon, I have 3's to offer, and everyone else so far looks like they can fill out a 3, 4, or 5 easily.

Malkavian_Andi
September 9th, 2015, 09:02
No problem, I have some 4-5 as well.

Lets see...
human life shaman 4
sylph ranged fighter 4
human conjuration wizard 5
human bones oracle 3, shaman 2

Again, I'll have to make up my mind, but maybe someone has a preference on what to have in the party.

cmdisc
September 9th, 2015, 09:30
My options are easy. Either ranged support or lots of knowledge checks. This session almost sounds like it involved recovering text (a Dark Archive goal), so I may bring along my Mindchemist.

Malkavian_Andi
September 9th, 2015, 09:35
I also tend to bringing a Dark Archive character. Might bring my bard (sandman). That one's good for making some bluff checks.

hawkwind
September 10th, 2015, 07:49
Hi Hawk,

Long time no speak...

Im keen to play this one - just want to make sure the timing works out.

The link to your calendar is broken btw - i searched & found it, but the link should be as follows:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1613

Could you enter in the slot time on the calendar buddy so I can confirm I can play this one? Once you have done that I will upload my PC files..

Would be looking to play Ember, my lvl 4 Ifrit Bard/Swashbuckler.

time slot entered

On a technical note the adventure Paizo have seen fit to introduce a semi 3d isometric map for part of the adventure. Any one know how to set a diamond shaped battle grid?

damned
September 10th, 2015, 11:31
time slot entered

On a technical note the adventure Paizo have seen fit to introduce a semi 3d isometric map for part of the adventure. Any one know how to set a diamond shaped battle grid?

I recall some discussion about isometric maps a few months ago but I don't think there was any actual solution.

damned
September 10th, 2015, 11:37
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?12863-Isometric-maps-a-problem
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22064-Isometric-View
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22211-The-Dungeon-about-maps

cmdisc
September 10th, 2015, 20:37
Here is Dr. Grimwell Slag; Lvl 3 Alchemist (Mindchemist), Tiefling. Any questions, let me know.

Malkavian_Andi
September 10th, 2015, 21:23
here's my character's stuff:

Farnaby
September 10th, 2015, 23:45
If I'm not too late, I'd like to come along as well.

Myrddin
September 11th, 2015, 01:11
Sorry, I signed up on the calendar a couple of days ago, but have been slow to post here. Doh! It looks like this will be the upper sub-tier, but I only have a L2 Rogue at this level and don't fancy running a pre-gen, so I'm happy to drop out if the level mix stays as it is.

hawkwind
September 11th, 2015, 08:14
think of the mid tier cash!

cmdisc
September 11th, 2015, 08:30
think of the mid tier cash!

Yes, he can put it toward his resurrection when the CR 7 villain squashes him. :p

Or he can just hang in the back and hope we're not ambushed from behind.

Malkavian_Andi
September 11th, 2015, 09:59
It looks like this will be the upper sub-tier
Has anyone actually posted a level 4 or 5 character? So far I see a couple of level 2 and 3s.

cmdisc
September 11th, 2015, 11:06
Some of us have a small range of levels to choose from. But there have been two posted with specific levels; 4th and 2nd (which will be higher by game-time). So this was lending to the idea of a higher sub-tier. Personally I'm fine with either as my 3rd lvl lands in the middle regardless....although if we DO go lower, I'll either take a more supporting role to avoid the chance of being overpowered or just pick something else.

Lord Kavos
September 13th, 2015, 13:55
Here are Ember's Files...

hawkwind
September 16th, 2015, 12:51
Sorry I'm going to change the Date for the game , particularly to Lord K. A very old friend I haven't seen in ages has just got touch and wants to go and see the Welsh beat the English at Rugby before heading of to Mexico that night so its in a cause Lord K Any way I can offer two alternative dates but they are both Fridays being 2nd and the 16th october , the last date being part of the FG-con weekend

Lord Kavos
September 16th, 2015, 13:00
Thats ok buddy, ill have to bow out, your fridays dont work for me any more because of work...

Keep me in mind for the next one :-)

hawkwind
September 16th, 2015, 13:06
that's what I thought

cmdisc
September 16th, 2015, 14:13
I can be available for the 2nd.

Sorry to hear you can't make that day LK. :(

Farnaby
September 16th, 2015, 17:59
Hey, this stuff happens. Looking forward to a new date.

Myrddin
September 16th, 2015, 18:12
I can't make Fridays either, so I'll bow out too. That'll make the sub-tier choice easier anyway.

Syaoran0503
September 16th, 2015, 21:54
I'm definitely good for the 16th as a plan to play at FG-con. I should be okay for the 2nd.

Malkavian_Andi
September 16th, 2015, 21:57
I can make the 2nd october. I have another game on the 16th, so no time on that day (assuming the time will stay the same).

cmdisc
September 19th, 2015, 20:21
Hawkwind, when you get a chance can you put 2 Oct up on the calendar?

hawkwind
September 20th, 2015, 11:55
all done

Syaoran0503
September 26th, 2015, 12:45
Here is the xml and inventory for Kyri sorry for getting this up late.

I don't know if this is still playing at the 4-5 subtier, if it shifts to 1-2 I have characters I can play for that tier as well.

hawkwind
September 28th, 2015, 11:22
yes what sub tier do you guys want to play?

Lord Kavos
September 28th, 2015, 12:56
Hey hawk,

I just checked the calendar and if that's the new session u are running in, then thats a Saturday morning for me...

That means I could play if u have a spot available...

cmdisc
September 28th, 2015, 19:12
So far we have a 3rd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th posted if I'm counting right. So looking like we're doing the 4-5 subtier. :)

hawkwind
September 28th, 2015, 21:07
Hey hawk,

I just checked the calendar and if that's the new session u are running in, then thats a Saturday morning for me...

That means I could play if u have a spot available...

your names on the door......

Syaoran0503
September 28th, 2015, 23:19
So far we have a 3rd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th posted if I'm counting right. So looking like we're doing the 4-5 subtier. :)

Okay sounds good to me. I just wasn't sure which characters were still in play with the date change and all.

Lord Kavos
September 29th, 2015, 01:21
your names on the door......

Ok have signed up again on the calendar, let me know if I get the spot. ��

cmdisc
September 29th, 2015, 06:23
Myrddin has mentioned that he can't make it and Icafar signed up on the calendar but has never posted. So as of right now, it looks like we stand at a Party size of 5.

Farnaby hasn't posted his character yet since he's without internet atm, but hopefully he has something in the 3-5 level range.

hawkwind
October 1st, 2015, 08:59
of course you can play, Lord K

hawkwind
October 1st, 2015, 09:03
you can play Lord K

Lord Kavos
October 1st, 2015, 09:43
Cool, just didn't want to take anyone's place buddy

hawkwind
October 1st, 2015, 19:46
looks like there are only 4 players so another victim is sought for tomorrow night

cmdisc
October 1st, 2015, 21:55
Farnaby is on the calendar and has voted 'yes' to Fri's game, although he hasn't posted a character yet. Last I heard from him, he was without internet for a bit, but the plan was to have that solved by tomorrow.

Guess we'll see.

With a 4-5 subtier, looks like our Zen Archer and Swashbuckler will be handling most of the threat with the Sandman and Alchemist backing everyone up. A melee cleric that fit the level range would make a solid party all around.

And just a mention; the alchemist has some control over his bombs and alchemical weapons, but it's always good for you to take note of where you're standing. :p

hawkwind
October 2nd, 2015, 18:53
Server up, just got to get my little pair of pathfinders to bed

cmdisc
October 3rd, 2015, 10:13
Good game everyone. Got worried there about some of our gambling rolls, but it all seemed to work out for us ok.....eventually. :)

Syaoran0503
October 3rd, 2015, 12:31
Yea I think we all learned that gambling is not a strong suit, even when we were trying to cheat we didn't have the best luck.

Malkavian_Andi
October 4th, 2015, 04:35
yeah, dice games are one of the more difficult to cheat on...

Naughtydread
October 4th, 2015, 06:55
Would it be possible for me to join the campaign or is it too late?

hawkwind
October 4th, 2015, 11:28
Sorry mate it was a one off PFS game rather than a campaign though of course you are welcome to join the Pathfinder Society organised play campaign that has thousands of players world wide playing on and off line.Check the stickies in this forum for more details

cmdisc
October 4th, 2015, 12:02
Would it be possible for me to join the campaign or is it too late?

As Hawkwind mentioned, this Scenario has already run, but there are bound to be plenty more during and after the CON. What level characters do you have?

hawkwind
October 5th, 2015, 08:54
check your PM's for your chronicle sheet