PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Realms - Lost Mine Campaign

Pages : [1] 2 3

hawkwind
September 8th, 2015, 08:24
I have started this thread for game discussion from with thread from the LFG forum https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25478-Any-Interest-in-Rolemaster/page5

Character generation went well last night ,looking at the sheets in the morning I noticed that we haven't been adding the level class bonuses for skills

I will put up the server tonight if anyone wants to continue preparing their character

craggles
September 8th, 2015, 08:40
As we've moved to a new thread I'll ask my questions here :) ...

I recall that an item doesn't affect your Encumbrance if it's something that you're wearing. Is this true of RMC? Does a backpack and/or weapons count as something you're wearing?

Also, do we un-check the Encumbrance box for items that our horse would be carrying or items in our backpacks that we'd drop before engaging in combat?

What pricing should we use for buying the equipment? Rural/Town/City etc?

hawkwind
September 8th, 2015, 08:46
Craggles has a few questions, I will atempt to answer them , any else can feel free to make a commert if its rules related as i don't consider my self an authority on Rolemaster

"If I chose to have my Armour to be the +10 Magical Item, would that +10 be for DB or Manoeuvring in Armour or both?"

Both
"I've marked my secondary weapon as a Scimitar but I want it to be a similar style to the elven blades in LotR and the Hobbit: https://guideimg.alibaba.com/images/s...a_6094601.jpeg.

Is it closer to a Scimitar, Falchion or Broad Sword? I will alter the stats to whichever you choose.

I'd also like my 3rd Weapon (Dagger) to be in the same style if that's ok (it doesn't do anything differently, it will just 'look' different)? "
Your link didn't work but I believe there is optional weapon from Shadow World in the rule set called a Kynac you could use

"
Will I need to have a separate skill to throw the knife and also use it as a stabbing weapon or does the Weapon Skill apply to all types of use?"

yes unless you want some big fat minuses when you make a attack roll

"Will I need Herb/Poison Lore in order to use my Special Item? (Still deciding what it should be)."
see my previous answer regarding daggers above

"I completely forgot to add any Language ranks - How many languages are in use in the area?"

not just you we all did . Humans start with two languages every one else in the party speaks three. All the humans will speak common as will any one else who has regular contact with what passes for human civilazation. Every one else will have racial tongue

"For my starting equipment, will my Trading Skill allow me to get better deals or will that only take effect 'in' game?" in game

My driving goal (according to the PDF pre-gen background) is to slay the dragon. In order to do this, I'll need to gain any advantage (hence my choice of adding my 4 ranks Hobby skill to Lore: Obscure for Dragons) and the Lvl20 Poison 'Ul-acaana' might be VERY helpful. Am I able to coat it on one of my Arrows? How many dosages would I have and how many Arrows could be coated?

With my Lore: Obscure skill, would I know what type of weapons would hurt it (like needing Magical or Holy for instance)? If it needs a dice roll on my skill you can do it on my behalf.
I have a +10 Magical Bow and +10 Non-Magical Armour. I'm still debating where to use my +5 Magical item.

I'm done for the night (my brain is pounding) but I will likely need to redo my skills a little as I was re-arranging a few ranks here and there to make Nuala a little more balanced (and to learn all the skills I would have picked up while working on the docks for several years like Sailing, Rowing, Swimming, Diving and Rope Mastery for instance) and I may have taken some away from a Primary Skill and inadvertently put them in one of my Secondary Skills and/or vice versa.

There is a chance it's okay as I made sure they were going to the correct Primary/Secondary Categories the first few times but I can't be sure of the rest.
" I will have to consult my copy of Creatures and treasures

"I recall that an item doesn't affect your Encumbrance if it's something that you're wearing. Is this true of RMC? Does a backpack and/or weapons count as something you're wearing?

Also, do we un-check the Encumbrance box for items that our horse would be carrying or items in our backpacks that we'd drop before engaging in combat?

What pricing should we use for buying the equipment? Rural/Town/City etc?"
part one don't know I'll have to check, point 2 about dropping back packs, there will probably be plenty of opportunity whee you need to make skill rolls with your back pack on or you get surprised in the first round of combat so don't untick it. As for location of buying goods use as per your background

craggles
September 8th, 2015, 10:41
Hi Hawkwind,

Thanks for the reply but the questions don't stop there! :bandit:

DB and manoeuvring - cool! I will update my sheet tonight. :)

If I recall correctly, there's a long and a short version of Kynacs so that could work out well (unless the Short Kynac's are more like the damage of a Short Sword instead of a Dagger). It's only a cosmetic change I'm requesting so I'm happy either way.

I will rename my current 'Weapon 3 - Dagger' to be of the throwing variety ('Weapon 3 - Dagger Thrown') and I will research using the Dagger's in Melee from level 2 onwards. Would that be the cost of my 'Weapon 4' skill or would it still use the 'Weapon 3' skill (although I think the Fighter's Weapon 3 and 4 may actually be the same cost as each other anyway)?

What category would Herb/Poison Lore be - General, Obscure etc? It's one I will add moving forward - it'll be some time until we encounter the dragon I'm sure. :hurt:

What I've done for 'Dragon Lore' is to simply add the ranks to 'Lore: Obscure'. Should I create a brand new skill called 'Lore: Dragons' and have the same cost as 'Lore: Obscure'? Also, should I do the same for a 'Herb/Poison Lore' and should they be two different skills (a 'Lore: Herb/Poison' or 'Lore: Herb' & 'Lore: Poison')? I can't remember seeing it in the skill list last night but RMFRP system has a 'Use Poison' skill on top of the 'Lore' skill - is RMC the same as well or would I only need to add a skill in 'Use Poison' and not bother with 'Poison Lore' as I'd start with the Poison anyway?

I know RMFRP uses separate skills for everything but you also start with loads more Dev Points as well.

The first question regarding the Poison was supposed to be whether you'd allow such a high level poison as a starting item before I digressed to arrow coating queries. It was my Herb/Bread/Poison item from one of my background rolls. I would choose a completely different one otherwise (perhaps healing) as I doubt anything else on the list would even make a dragon blink.

We start with 2 languages automatically so we don't need to spend our Dev Points on those (unless we wanted to learn extra languages)? Spoken & Written to what level - S8/6W is the RMFRP default or are the Spoken & Written skills one combined skill in RMC? (I'm a RMFRP man and I don't own any of the RMC books to check).

Are the languages simply Common, Elvish, Dwarfish, Halfling etc or do each race have several different sub-dialects as well? Would we have access to any Orkish or other 'evil' race's languages?

City equipment prices it is!

So backpack items will stay ticked but I'll leave the horse items un-ticked (like bedroll, pots & pans etc) - that is if we'll be using horses (I think I can afford at least a light horse (fingers crossed) - I've got a Medium Horse on my sheet as a placeholder but that'll change once I've tallied my equipment - it's a shame that Fantasy Grounds doesn't automatically deduct money every time you add some equipment into your inventory).

Redoing my skills when the server's next up should be a lot quicker and I'll make sure to keep the Primary and Secondary Dev Points where they should be. Doesn't Fantasy Grounds add the correct Profession Bonuses to the skills automatically? I'll add those from Character Law tonight as well.

Sorry for the long post again! I've coloured this text so your replies will show up easier. :p

hawkwind
September 8th, 2015, 14:47
Hi Hawkwind,

Thanks for the reply but the questions don't stop there! :bandit:

DB and manoeuvring - cool! I will update my sheet tonight. :)

This might work better to see the type of curved blade I was inquiring about which is why I was initially thinking of a scimitar:

https://img06.deviantart.net/e922/i/2011/324/7/c/elvish_blades_by_phantomphreaq-d4grf2l.jpg

My sword would be the medium sized one and my dagger would be a smaller version of the 2 small knives. ...actually I could probably afford 2 daggers come to think of it.

If I recall correctly, there's a long and a short version of Kynacs so that could work out well (unless the Short Kynac's are more like the damage of a Short Sword instead of a Dagger). It's only a cosmetic change I'm requesting so I'm happy either way.

I will rename my current 'Weapon 3 - Dagger' to be of the throwing variety ('Weapon 3 - Dagger Thrown') and I will research using the Dagger's in Melee from level 2 onwards. Would that be the cost of my 'Weapon 4' skill or would it still use the 'Weapon 3' skill (although I think the Fighter's Weapon 3 and 4 may actually be the same cost as each other anyway)?

What category would Herb/Poison Lore be - General, Obscure etc? It's one I will add moving forward - it'll be some time until we encounter the dragon I'm sure. :hurt:

What I've done for 'Dragon Lore' is to simply add the ranks to 'Lore: Obscure'. Should I create a brand new skill called 'Lore: Dragons' and have the same cost as 'Lore: Obscure'? Also, should I do the same for a 'Herb/Poison Lore' and should they be two different skills (a 'Lore: Herb/Poison' or 'Lore: Herb' & 'Lore: Poison')? I can't remember seeing it in the skill list last night but RMFRP system has a 'Use Poison' skill on top of the 'Lore' skill - is RMC the same as well or would I only need to add a skill in 'Use Poison' and not bother with 'Poison Lore' as I'd start with the Poison anyway?

I know RMFRP uses separate skills for everything but you also start with loads more Dev Points as well.

The first question regarding the Poison was supposed to be whether you'd allow such a high level poison as a starting item before I digressed to arrow coating queries. It was my Herb/Bread/Poison item from one of my background rolls. I would choose a completely different one otherwise (perhaps healing) as I doubt anything else on the list would even make a dragon blink.

We start with 2 languages automatically so we don't need to spend our Dev Points on those (unless we wanted to learn extra languages)? Spoken & Written to what level - S8/6W is the RMFRP default or are the Spoken & Written skills one combined skill in RMC? (I'm a RMFRP man and I don't own any of the RMC books to check).

Are the languages simply Common, Elvish, Dwarfish, Halfling etc or do each race have several different sub-dialects as well? Would we have access to any Orkish or other 'evil' race's languages?

City equipment prices it is!

So backpack items will stay ticked but I'll leave the horse items un-ticked (like bedroll, pots & pans etc) - that is if we'll be using horses (I think I can afford at least a light horse (fingers crossed) - I've got a Medium Horse on my sheet as a placeholder but that'll change once I've tallied my equipment - it's a shame that Fantasy Grounds doesn't automatically deduct money every time you add some equipment into your inventory).

Redoing my skills when the server's next up should be a lot quicker and I'll make sure to keep the Primary and Secondary Dev Points where they should be. Doesn't Fantasy Grounds add the correct Profession Bonuses to the skills automatically? I'll add those from Character Law tonight as well.

Sorry for the long post again! I've coloured this text so your replies will show up easier. :p

poison lore i suspect is obscure

elefs get three languages , no sub dialects and yes you can learn an evil race, you might even Know draconic

i will put the server up tonight

hawkwind
September 8th, 2015, 19:45
server up for character building

craggles
September 9th, 2015, 01:19
Thanks - I think I'm all done. It took a while but I re-did my skills so they're all good now but I really want more Secondary Skills. ;(

...Damn - except for Languages still! :(

All skills and equipment are done and it seems that worn clothing and armour doesn't count towards encumbrance but weapons and items do.

PS - I bought a horse and a wagon with my 30GP's as well as all my equipment. :D

hawkwind
September 10th, 2015, 07:54
I will try and put the server up tonight . Craggles do you have a name for your horse and the appropriate animal care and cart handling skills? Also any chance of you knocking up a token for them?

Also Chris as your character has a problem with body hair at full moons what sort of creature does he turn in to? Wolf?

Chris_Seal
September 10th, 2015, 07:59
Problem? The way dwarves are its probably difficult to tell that he has any more hair than usual. Now teeth and claws might give it away :).

Wolf sounds good, nice and traditional.

hawkwind
September 10th, 2015, 09:44
Just as long as character doesn't waking up some mornings with significant memory gaps surrounded by a mound of half eaten body parts....

hawkwind
September 10th, 2015, 09:45
Does your character want to be "hereditary" werewolf one recently bitten?

craggles
September 10th, 2015, 09:45
I will come up with a name and tokens for them. Would they be 1 hex each?

I have a riding skill - I wasn't planning on having a cart when doing my skills, it was something I was able to afford when I totalled up my equipment. Is it just animal handling I would need or are there other skills needed as well? It is a War Horse (lesser) so is a little easier to handle than a regular horse. I will move something to Animal Handling (and whatever else you think I need) tonight but this time I'll be sure to keep the Primary and Secondary Skills to themselves! :)

Also, I forgot to mention yesterday but I embellished my background a little if that's ok - it's in my notes page on the character sheet.

hawkwind
September 10th, 2015, 10:06
one square rather than one hex, I look forward to seeing your art work

craggles
September 10th, 2015, 11:08
Are there any extra horse colours I'd be allowed to pick in this fantasy setting that we don't have here? Is it a top down view you're after for the horse & cart - one square each or one big one? What skill will i need as well as a riding skill - just animal handling?

For languages, you said that humans start with 2 and that I could learn Draconic, so should I mark my sheet as having Common & Draconic or can I only learn Draconic as an extra language that I add ranks to (fortunately, languages is a Primary Skill and moving something around is easier than the limited DP pool I have with my Secondary Skills)?

For my looks, is there the same ethnical diversity in this fantasy setting that we have available here? If so, what do I look like or can I choose?

hawkwind
September 10th, 2015, 11:17
your horse can be any colour you want..

yes you can mark human and draconic, you will be able to chat to Kobolds and Lizardmen who in dnd land speak a bastardised version of draconic. As for looks its your typical north European fantasy land. Look up the Sword coast in Forgotten realms in Wikipedia and you will get the general idea, its all cod fantasy!

Chris_Seal
September 10th, 2015, 12:32
I think recently bitten is more interesting.

I figure that Badrum would consider this to be a test from his god/the result of the uncaring nature of the deities of the Realms and might grow to appreciate the 'curse'.

craggles
September 10th, 2015, 13:53
A quick question on Weapons Categories...

Fighter - 1/5 2/5 2/7 2/7 2/7 5

Categories:
One-Handed edged
One-Handed crushing
Two-Handed
Missile
Thrown
Pole

You're meant to assign the different weapon types to the costs so if i chose Missile as my 1/5 I get to learn about ALL types of bow skills for 1/5: learning to use the Comp Bow is 1/5, learning to use the Long Bow is 1/5 - but they have to be developed separately. The same is true of whatever category I assign the others.

Currently, I foolishly assigned each individual weapon to the skill costs and not each weapon category. I assigned my scimitar to 2/5 and my daggers to 2/7 but they should both be 2/5 as they're both One-Handed edged. It has been a while since I last created a character.

Looks like I'll have a few more DPs for my Primary Skills to spend. I'll add my Languages and Horse details to my sheet tonight - I've searched and there seems to be quite a few unique horse breeds in the Forgotten Realms so I'm finding a suitable one that best fits the War Horse (Lesser). :)

hawkwind
September 10th, 2015, 20:17
server is up, believe you are right about weapon skills

hawkwind
September 11th, 2015, 08:12
I forgot to take the server down last night so its still up and will continual till I get home from Work unless some one indicates they want to access tonight

craggles
September 11th, 2015, 14:53
I'd like it tonight please - I would have finished yesterday but I had a migraine. :(

I've just tried to access it now and it just gets stuck on 'Connecting...' - could you re-start it once you get home please?

Elysine
September 11th, 2015, 21:14
I wouldn't mind an hour either to put on the finishing touches (like fitting the background story to the character).

craggles
September 12th, 2015, 09:31
I was still just getting the 'Connecting...' message (last night and now) but nothing going anywhere. :(

hawkwind
September 13th, 2015, 11:48
Sorry only just seen your numerous messages. My kids are away for weekend so I have been off grid making the most of it. I'm out and about at the moment but I will reboot tonight

craggles
September 13th, 2015, 11:50

hawkwind
September 13th, 2015, 19:36
Server up......

Elysine
September 13th, 2015, 22:39
Thanks, I have written my character background (Caydin). It should fit well with the pre-gen background but please have a look. It explains the extremely strange rolls I made during character generation (height, appearance, stats,...).
I also got a horse. Is Animal Handling a general lore skill? Also, what was it about the token? I am not sure how to add one.
What is a suitable second language for someone with my upbringing and what are the levels for the languages (and could I put more points into common language instead of a second language)?
Finally, does FG have a problem calculating hit points or is it just a glitch?
Looking forward to tomorrow's game!

craggles
September 14th, 2015, 06:22
When I looked at my sheet today, I was shocked - it hadn't saved everything I'd put in previously and there was a lot I'd sorted on the equipment list. :(

Level Bonuses
I've added the Level Bonuses for my character and used the table on page 127 (09-07 LEVEL BONUS TABLE: RM2 OPTION).

Body Dev
I have moved a hobby rank from my Body Dev to Lore:Technical (which is the Herb Law) so I'll need to re-roll my 4 Body Dev Ranks again. I can reduce my previous 6 rank result by 30% if you prefer (which is what I've currently done).

Languages
I've added my 2 languages in but at what level should they be? I've used S8 and W8 as I seem to recall '8' is the starting level in RM2 although I think it may be S8 and W6.

Also, are you doing a combined Spoken and Written skill or do you want them as separate skills for each language?

• Common Spoken
• Common Written
• Elvish Spoken
• Elvish Spoken

or

•*Common Spoken/Written
• Elvish Spoken/Written

Also, on the initial launcher, before you join a game it has a button called 'Manage Characters' - is there a way to be able to manage your characters off-line with this?

hawkwind
September 14th, 2015, 12:30
I woke up this morning and went to turn my PC off and noticed you were still logged in.
Bod dev- Ok
Languages combined but i will largely hand waving the languages , you speak it or you don't

as for your other question relating to off line editing, as far as i know if you have purchased the Rolemaster rule set and have a current FG licence you should be able to do off line character updates

craggles
September 14th, 2015, 12:37
Hi Hawkwind
Thanks for the language clarification. :)

I have a full license and I also have the RMC ruleset but I don't seem to see my character when I go into 'Manage Characters'. Is there something I (or you) need to do to the character in your server before it's added to my 'Manage Character' area?

I'll log out now if you want to shut the server down?

hawkwind
September 14th, 2015, 19:13
Server up

Honken
September 14th, 2015, 21:02
Hello there, what days do you play and What times? Are you still accepting players?

/H

craggles
September 14th, 2015, 21:15
Mondays starting at 8pm.

We're actually in the middle of the first session right now (after rolling characters last week) so story wise, it's still good to join - it's just if the GM can handle more players or not which you'll probably have to wait until we're finished for the night before he can reply.

I see from your sig that you're experienced with the Fantasy Grounds program. Have you played Rolemaster Classic before by the way?

Honken
September 14th, 2015, 21:25
Well, I had all the books for RM 2, but i did prefer RMSS when it came out, that was more down my ally (not that i actually think it was THAT diffrent).

And yes, I am a FG veteran. Been using it since around 2.0.

I am in CET, and i guess you are in GMT, which make the game 22.00 my time. Waaay to late for my getting up at 4.30 am. But keep me posted if it changes.

Enjoy the game! ;)
/H

craggles
September 14th, 2015, 21:38
No worries. :)

I preferred RMFRP/RMSS as well. The Rolemaster Classic is pretty much RM2 apparently (I'm sure there are some modifications).

craggles
September 14th, 2015, 22:31
A quick question Hawkwind, as well as the character backgrounds on the PDFs you shared above, the characters had certain Alignments - do you want us to play to those alignments or can we ignore those?

PS - While it was other people's turns, I was trying to find in the rules about the amount of action it takes to hold a spell - I said it was 90% and I was trying to find out if I was right or wrong. I couldn't find it but my head was quite frazzled by then so I hope I didn't stop any actions incorrectly. :(

hawkwind
September 15th, 2015, 12:25
as for alignment, take note of them.

I think we all struggled abit with % system for partial actions within the turn so I propose 2 options (htree if you count no change as an option) the first is to borrow of 3.5 /pathfinder in a simplified manner or as Chris suggested use the new RMU rules found here https://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=15947.0 note you have to be a registered member of the iron crown forum to see the post and down load the files , 7.1 to 7.3 would be the bits to borrow, its a lot simpler than the RMC rules but retains some o its desirable features. The RMU spell law document even has a rule for holding prepared spells we could use.

as an aside I have run this adventure in 5e and the encounter we did last night was done in half an hour...

hawkwind
September 15th, 2015, 13:22
Well, I had all the books for RM 2, but i did prefer RMSS when it came out, that was more down my ally (not that i actually think it was THAT diffrent).

And yes, I am a FG veteran. Been using it since around 2.0.

I am in CET, and i guess you are in GMT, which make the game 22.00 my time. Waaay to late for my getting up at 4.30 am. But keep me posted if it changes.

Enjoy the game! ;)
/H

we are British summer time for another month so only a hour difference

craggles
September 15th, 2015, 14:30
If you have the School of Hard Knocks (https://www.icewebring.com/ICE_Products/Product_Page.php?product_id=284%20School%20of%20Ha rd%20Knocks:%20Skill%20Companion) book, it has excellent info on Coordinated and Aided Efforts on pages 5-8. This would be helpful as I would like to assist with First Aid on the Dwarf but my First Aid skill is very low on it's own but together we could have the Dwarf on his (it is a 'he' isn't it?) feet in no time - in the meantime, he can be lying down, recovering happily in the back of my wagon as we ride to the destination.

On the subject of that book, pages 10-12 are worth a look as explains a lot more about Healing than the info in Character Law book.

Pages 161 - 167 have interesting thoughts on balancing magic but apart from the pages that I mentioned which are 'Rolemaster system independent', the rest of the book is very RMFRP specific, so it's not worth getting it for RMC unless you also play RMFRP as well (RMFRP Rocks!!!;)).

Seljuk
September 15th, 2015, 14:31
I would be happy to use a simplified system. I like much of Rolemaster, but when it comes to having to roll dice to move a few feet, I think it gets a bit much. The Pathfinder option is simpler, but if we used the new RMU rules we could be getting used to a new system: but either is good for me.

craggles
September 15th, 2015, 14:51
There was a beta implementation of RMU for Fantasy Grounds that Dakadin was doing. We could see if we could join - that way, you'll have all the tables for RMU as well.

PS - I'm changing my character's name to a more pronounceable Kerri Strongbane. :)

hawkwind
September 15th, 2015, 15:10
Ifeel guility about mis pronouncing your character's name alnight. Looking at the iniatitive action system in RMU, its entirely compatible with the current combat tracker as for Dakadin's beta implementation I belive it was for the first version rather than the current and there are quite afew differences between the

Honken
September 15th, 2015, 15:44
we are British summer time for another month so only a hour difference

No, I am sorry to say I miss spoke, we are in CEST... Which is the summertime too, so still 2 hours. I might in the future either go into umemployment, or, get back to my old schedule where I have 2 out of 3 tuesdays free... But, your game might have ended before then. I might be interested in the future though. :)

/H

craggles
September 16th, 2015, 19:09
Ifeel guility about mis pronouncing your character's name alnight. Looking at the iniatitive action system in RMU, its entirely compatible with the current combat tracker as for Dakadin's beta implementation I belive it was for the first version rather than the current and there are quite afew differences between the

I would say that she could hold a grudge but she's Lawful Good! :P

(Lawful Good means she's like a Goodie Two Shoes Paladin isn't it? I never could understand all the differences in the alignments)

...speaking of good & evil, are the orcs in our setting inherently evil like in LotR or are they just another race (like elves and dwarfs) as they are in the general D&D and WoW? Would I be against killing unconscious orcs or torturing them for info or even looting the corpses even if they are 'evil'?

hawkwind
September 21st, 2015, 19:08
server up

hawkwind
September 21st, 2015, 19:08
orcs are bad!!!!! just like red Indians!

craggles
September 21st, 2015, 19:21
orcs are bad!!!!! just like red Indians!

Wait... does that mean they're not really bad?

craggles
September 22nd, 2015, 16:43
I meant to copy and paste the details of the other game mentioned last night - but I completely forgot. :(

Can you send me the details or post them here or make a new topic and post it's address here - your call.

Chris_Seal
September 22nd, 2015, 20:07
Hi Craggles,

If its what I think it is, I was just mentioning that I was running a one shot at FG Con7. Bookings aren't open yet (as far as I can tell) but the game is titled: Dinner at the House of Alexandros (https://www.fg-con.com/events/dinner-at-the-house-of-alexandros/) and will be run on the Saturday at 20:00.

Drop me a line if you want more info than the blurb on the website.

Cheers
Chris

hawkwind
October 19th, 2015, 17:37
Inspired by Chris's game on Saturday I propose to adopt the action system from RMU to replace the current percentage activity system.. I have imported the appropriate parts and charts into the campaign

Elysine
October 19th, 2015, 18:08
I am sorry, but I have to cancel for tonight. I am not feeling very well.

hawkwind
October 19th, 2015, 19:18
Get all soon mate

hawkwind
October 25th, 2015, 12:49
No game this Monday as it's my kids half term, normal service will resume the following Monday

craggles
October 25th, 2015, 13:02
No problem. Have fun. :)

Wait a minute, don't we normally level up when someone doesn't attend? :P

hawkwind
November 21st, 2015, 08:31
I just found out I got to spend all off next week working in Peterborough. I will have my work laptop with me but its locked down so tight it won't run FG sorry guys

craggles
November 21st, 2015, 08:47
Sorry to hear that. 😔

We shall be using your character as a human shield in your absence...

Wait a sec, that doesn't work for a GM!! 😧

No, I got it - the entire town's NPCs shall be our buffer!!! 😇

hawkwind
November 30th, 2015, 15:22
on for tonight

hawkwind
December 14th, 2015, 18:32
Chris and Saul can't make tonight plus my wife and daughter are I'll so no game tonight. Could players indicate thier availability for the next few Mondays over Christmas period

craggles
December 14th, 2015, 18:43
I hope they get better soon! :(ß

I'm available all Mondays (baring migraines of course) over xmas and beyond. :)

Elysine
December 14th, 2015, 19:55
I'm available all Mondays as well.

Chris_Seal
December 18th, 2015, 19:58
Hi All,

I am available on Monday then my parents are here until mid January. I will be able to rejoin the game on the 18th.

Cheers
Chris

craggles
December 21st, 2015, 07:32
Are we playing this evening?

hawkwind
December 21st, 2015, 18:32
I had hoped to but my isp has reset my router and I'm struggling to connect in between cooking dinner for my Family and then doing dinner, I'll do an update later

hawkwind
December 21st, 2015, 19:23
Sorted, if enough players tureen up we will play

craggles
December 28th, 2015, 00:41
I know we came to a decision last session about play time for the new year but I've completely forgotten it. :O

Are we playing the next few weeks or was it decided that we have a break?

Thanks.

PS - Hope you're all having wonderful holidays. :)

hawkwind
December 29th, 2015, 09:08
No game for a week or two, lots of family and work stuff to catch up on, also we need a few new players as Saul and Drew have quit due scheduling difficulties

Skillkoil
January 11th, 2016, 16:07
Hi Hawkwind I would love to join a FR Campaign. Please let me know if you still have room!

craggles
January 12th, 2016, 01:30
We have room - several plays have had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts but I'm not sure that even with you we'll have enough to continue playing. :( But it's up to Hawkweed - he does all the work after all. :)

(We play 8pm Mondays UK time)

hawkwind
January 12th, 2016, 12:19
there is room, I will try and get a session together next Monday and prospective players can try running one of the vacated PC's to see if they want to play before going to the trouble of rolling up their own PC's as its not exactly a quick process with Rolemaster

hawkwind
January 18th, 2016, 12:29
ok tonight's the night, hopefully with some new players

z3phy3r
January 18th, 2016, 18:19
Looking forward to it ^^

hawkwind
January 18th, 2016, 19:27
My cold has taken turn fire the worse tonight and my voice is going Di I'm calling tonight off, sorry

Squeekit
January 18th, 2016, 19:44
:( It makes a mouse sad. I was hoping to join a game tonite

craggles
January 25th, 2016, 10:07
Hows the throat today - are we playing tonight? :)

hawkwind
January 25th, 2016, 18:12
Not a lot better in afraid, it's not been helped by the fact that I have done builders taking out walls and chimney brests causing loads of dust which is just making my throat worse

craggles
January 25th, 2016, 18:23
Oh dear - I hope you get better soon! :(

We'll hopefully see you next week?

craggles
February 1st, 2016, 01:34
What's the word about tomorrow - are we on course (barring last minute illnesses)?

hawkwind
February 1st, 2016, 07:59
Still not a 100% but i can complete sentences with a coughing fit so I guess we are on tonight fingers crossed

craggles
February 1st, 2016, 10:42
I don't mean to push if you're not up to it - that's how you loose your enjoyment in hosting the game for us and I would hate for that to happen because I really like playing. :)

I just wanted to know what plans to make for this evening.

hawkwind
February 1st, 2016, 19:00
Server up,

hawkwind
February 8th, 2016, 19:35
server going up for tonight, i'm running a bit behind due to having to prepare/move loads so stuff so the builders can re do my kitchen. I might not get to the PC to play till half eight or later. Dennis feel free to roll a new 4th level character

z3phy3r
February 8th, 2016, 19:48
server going up for tonight, i'm running a bit behind due to having to prepare/move loads so stuff so the builders can re do my kitchen. I might not get to the PC to play till half eight or later. Dennis feel free to roll a new 4th level character

Hi, I'll be in as soon as I can, probably around the same time as Hawk, making dinner atm

z3phy3r
February 8th, 2016, 20:19
need help going onto the server on TS and FG....sorry, still new at both of them

hawkwind
February 8th, 2016, 20:21
Ok do you have team speak installed?

z3phy3r
February 8th, 2016, 20:22
ermm....dont think so?

z3phy3r
February 8th, 2016, 20:24
i'm in the rolemaster sub channel in team speak and looking for the host address on fantasy ground

hawkwind
February 8th, 2016, 20:24
If you do have teamspeak installed the log in details are in my signature below

hawkwind
February 8th, 2016, 20:25
And you log in to FG by logging into the alias Vast vest rich ninja

craggles
February 8th, 2016, 20:27
Fantasy Grounds address is 'Vast vest rich ninja'

craggles
February 8th, 2016, 20:29
We're in this Teamspeak server - 'cm.fg-con.com'

hawkwind
February 8th, 2016, 20:29
And we are on the alternate teamspeak server cm. FG con.Com

z3phy3r
February 8th, 2016, 20:32
yep i'm in the server in TS, just on the open chat channel looking for the proper channel to join, so far cant seem to find it?

hawkwind
February 15th, 2016, 19:17
Server up running with new version of ruleset

craggles
February 15th, 2016, 19:56
Sorry migraine

craggles
March 7th, 2016, 19:27
Are we on for tonight? :

hawkwind
March 16th, 2016, 19:14
Sorry about Monday the wife got home from work really late and we had things that needed doing. The next few Mondays are a problem for me as well as it's my wife's birthday next Monday and it's the bank holiday the week after so I propose to move the game to Tuesdays for the next few weeks

craggles
March 17th, 2016, 02:56
No worries about Monday - as long as we all level up. :p

I'm also good with Tuesdays :)

hawkwind
March 17th, 2016, 09:31
i thought I had posted here an hour before the game on Monday from my phone but it doesn't appear to be here

Chris_Seal
March 17th, 2016, 12:14
Sorry about Monday the wife got home from work really late and we had things that needed doing. The next few Mondays are a problem for me as well as it's my wife's birthday next Monday and it's the bank holiday the week after so I propose to move the game to Tuesdays for the next few weeks

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but Tuesdays are not good for me. I'm around on Thursday nights but my weeks are otherwise pretty busy sorry.

Cheers
Chris

jtolman
March 18th, 2016, 07:32
Heya, I was wondering if this game still had a spot?
And, When does it play?
And is it the RM Classic rules set.

I just re-found my Fantasy grounds License from years ago and need to figure out how to use it all again.

Chris_Seal
March 18th, 2016, 09:07
Hiya Jtolman,

I can't speak for the GM, but he (Hawkwind) is pretty active on the forums so you should hear from him in a day or two. I am pretty sure that there will be space in the game, which is on Monday evenings 20:00 until about 22:00 GMT. It uses the RMC ruleset.

If you need a refresher course, drop me a PM and I'll see what I can arrange for a weekend.

Cheers
Chris

jtolman
March 18th, 2016, 09:49
So about two hours, That kewl.
and yes, some one to walk me through would be great.

Do I need to have the Role master ruleset? or does only the GM need to have it.

I don't have that yet, IF things work out for me.. I may RUn some games here as well, in which case I would get it.... but I can't jsut yet.

Chris_Seal
March 18th, 2016, 10:29
Hi Jtolman,

Only the GM needs the ruleset. As a player you download what is needed when you first connect (worth knowing as it sometimes takes longer than expected to get the files - its streamed from the host pc IIRC).

Cheers
Chris

jtolman
March 20th, 2016, 00:43
Does he require a character to be rolled up in the program? Or do I roll one up and submit it?

hawkwind
March 21st, 2016, 10:42
Hi Jtolman I think you can pre roll one but I would prefer you to play an a spare character we have in the party first to see if you like the game before you go through the lengthy process of building a new PC. We are currently having a break for a few weeks but hope to restart on the 4/4/2016

jtolman
March 21st, 2016, 18:13
okay, so no game today then? next game is 4/4?

hehe Darn, I was also hoping to get a good look at how the RM stuff looks on here :-)

jtolman
March 21st, 2016, 18:21
duplicate psot

hawkwind
April 4th, 2016, 12:06
I plan to run a game tonight , the server will be up the usual time and kiddies and wife permitting I should be able to start at eight

jtolman
April 4th, 2016, 18:08
kewl

jtolman
April 4th, 2016, 18:13
I'll Need connection details?

hawkwind
April 4th, 2016, 18:15
I'll Need connection details?

See my signature

craggles
April 4th, 2016, 19:16
I have a migraine starting - I'm taking tablets and sitting quietly in the dark. :S

If I'm not here at the start, don't wait for me. Sorry. :(

craggles
April 11th, 2016, 18:16
Are we a go for tonight? I'm not planing on having a migraine. :P

hawkwind
April 11th, 2016, 18:24
server up in answer to your question, you need to level

Bravo228
April 12th, 2016, 09:19
Are you looking for any more players?

hawkwind
April 12th, 2016, 15:19
we are but I notice that you are based in Kansas and I run this game on a Monday night UK time which is your early afternoon, would you be able to make 8pm British Summer Time?

Bravo228
April 12th, 2016, 17:35
I am off on Mondays so that would be 2pm CST. Unfortunately, I am looking for a new job. So, it would not be fair to join your group only to leave later.

jtolman
April 13th, 2016, 05:00
Keep and Eye out on the RM pages, I may be starting an RM game myself in the month or so.

Bravo228
April 14th, 2016, 04:23
Will do.....

hawkwind
April 14th, 2016, 09:22
Keep and Eye out on the RM pages, I may be starting an RM game myself in the month or so.

You should have no trouble recruiting your initial bunch of victims sorry I mean players, I had loads of interest from North Americans who couldn't play due to scheduling reasons.

hawkwind
April 14th, 2016, 09:22

You should have no trouble recruiting your initial bunch of victims sorry I mean players, I had loads of interest from North Americans who couldn't play due to scheduling records

Dakadin
April 14th, 2016, 18:44
You should have no trouble recruiting your initial bunch of victims sorry I mean players, I had loads of interest from North Americans who couldn't play due to scheduling records

Yeah, I am hoping it will fit into my schedule. :D

jtolman
April 17th, 2016, 06:24
Apologies, I just looked at my calendar and I have a dental appointment On Monday during the game time so I won't be there this monday

hawkwind
April 18th, 2016, 12:09
Apologies, I just looked at my calendar and I have a dental appointment On Monday during the game time so I won't be there this monday

I hope the Dentist doesn't roll a fumble!
I'm feeling a bit shattered from a week end of DIY so I will make a decision about 5pm gmt whether there is going to be game tonight

craggles
April 18th, 2016, 14:00
My head's not the best today but am up for it if you are ...but it wouldn't be the end of the world if the session is cancelled though.

hawkwind
April 18th, 2016, 17:09
Well I'm home looking after the kids amd I'm already cream crackered so no game tonight

craggles
April 18th, 2016, 17:14
That’s okay - look forward to next week :)

hawkwind
April 25th, 2016, 18:23
server up

jtolman
April 25th, 2016, 21:33
Hey guys, I am sorry about today, My wife said we needed to run some errands this morning, and I totally forgot about this until my alarm went off when we were out there. :-/

jtolman
April 25th, 2016, 21:34
I hope the game wasn't called in part due to me :-/

hawkwind
April 26th, 2016, 12:37
two no shows so we didnt play

craggles
April 27th, 2016, 03:40
Sorry about that - did you get my PM?

craggles
May 1st, 2016, 23:36
Are we playing tomorrow night or is it postponed for next week because of the bank holiday?

jtolman
May 2nd, 2016, 05:45
IF it's a Bank Holiday, do we get free money as gifts? I should be there

hawkwind
May 2nd, 2016, 11:48
Oh forgot I about to have a house full of guests so no game tonight

hawkwind
May 9th, 2016, 17:33
Server up

hawkwind
May 16th, 2016, 14:50
Bad news, my PC isn't working , should have it mended or replaced in time for next week

craggles
May 16th, 2016, 17:59
I hope it's easily sorted :dead:

hawkwind
May 16th, 2016, 20:24
I took it round to my local pc so I could get a second opinion for the Mrs on whether I needed a new PC. We tried puting various graphic cards and memory modules to no avail so I'm picking up a new pc tomorrow morning. Hopefully it will run FG a bit better than my old pc that struggled with the rolemaster rule set

hawkwind
May 17th, 2016, 18:49
Fantasy grounds up and running and data file restored from the old machine. I guess the old alias will still work as the IP address hasnt changed

hawkwind
May 23rd, 2016, 19:17
server going up, new server alias undead dungeon dead ogre

hawkwind
May 23rd, 2016, 20:04
if you are having problems connecting I'll give you my ip address on team speak

craggles
May 23rd, 2016, 20:04
Migraine today. New meds - less constant headache but more migraines :(

craggles
May 29th, 2016, 12:23
This bank holiday crept up on me - I'm not going to be able to make it - I have family down. ��

hawkwind
June 6th, 2016, 15:32
ok Chris is working late so we will try and start at just before nine assuming every one can make it

hawkwind
June 13th, 2016, 17:55
CRAGGLES isn't feeling great so it looks like no game tonight

Chris_Seal
June 13th, 2016, 19:24
Thanks for the heads up.

On a related note, I am away next week on conference. I won't be able to join the game sorry.

Cheers
Chris

craggles
June 18th, 2016, 12:41
Sorry about last week - migraines are a pain. :hurt:

Is it possible to launch the server for me please - it's character creating weekend. :ninja:

hawkwind
June 18th, 2016, 21:41
Sorry only just saw your message, server going up now, I'll leave it up over night

craggles
June 20th, 2016, 13:30
Thanks for the heads up.

On a related note, I am away next week on conference. I won't be able to join the game sorry.

Cheers
Chris

Ah, does this mean we'll not be playing tonight as it'll just be the 2 of us?

For next week, I have a friend that can join but he's happy to play any type of character we need to round out the party so let us know what type you'd prefer. My new character is a warrior monk by the way (but I've not created her yet thanks to migraines and surprise visitors over the weekend but can get on it later today if the server is up).

hawkwind
June 20th, 2016, 14:21
no game but the server will be up, is your friend a potential permanent addition to the party or just a "guest appearance"

craggles
June 20th, 2016, 14:33
Permanent addition :)

hawkwind
June 21st, 2016, 08:20
good, i'll have the server up tonight as well but I'm away at the weekend so its best if you do your character this week,,,the server might even be up now

craggles
June 21st, 2016, 17:06
Excellent!

Any preference for the new character's profession guys?

hawkwind
June 27th, 2016, 07:35
You do rather need a meat shield

The server will be up from about six and I will be I on some time after eight. Not sure you're much actual play week manage as craggles new Character isn't ready yet

hawkwind
July 4th, 2016, 18:20
onwards and upwards...

hawkwind
July 11th, 2016, 07:45
Game should be the usual time. A slight complication is that i have updated my Internet package and router so my IP address has changed. I update a new alias when i get home and post it here. The new router is faster and more reliable hopefully and I didn't even need to do port forwarding to get tit to work which surprised me

hawkwind
July 11th, 2016, 18:11
new alias "quiet pirate daring wizard"

craggles
July 12th, 2016, 18:19
I just realised that Fantasy Grounds lets you add friends! :)

I am missing Dennis' profile - is it 'jtolman'? (I've got to complete my collection) ;)

Elysine
July 13th, 2016, 13:33
No, mine would be "Elysine".

I forgot to mention an upcoming absence of mine. I can make next week, but then I'll be incommunicado for the following two weeks for an extended bike trip. I should be back on August 8th, but can't say for sure yet.

hawkwind
July 13th, 2016, 18:35
i'm going on holiday for a week in August myself as well

hawkwind
July 18th, 2016, 19:37
server up

craggles
July 18th, 2016, 22:29
Unless different, Common Man (Vol) have 2 and High Man (Alexis) have 3 languages but we don't know what languages we'd be allowed to learn (as well as what languages are in this world)

Pandaemonium
July 19th, 2016, 09:31
Hello.

Are you looking for more players? I'm from the UK, totally new to fantasy grounds and not really played Rolemaster in decades but would like too.

hawkwind
July 19th, 2016, 18:13
Languages are as per the Forgotten realms setting Craig, there are plenty of web sites with details, just Google Forgotten Realms languages.

There is always room for new players Pandemonium, you are the second person to ask today, the main campaign is about to go on break for a while but I think Chris could be persuaded to run a short introduction to Rolemaster if there is enough interest

Chris_Seal
July 19th, 2016, 20:53
Very happy to run a short intro session while we are on our break. Drop me a line if you are interested and, if I have enough interest, I'll put something together.

Cheers
Chris

hawkwind
July 20th, 2016, 09:07
https://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/legacy-crystal-shard

What I am working onconverting to Rolemaster next, its very much a sandbox mini campaign

craggles
July 23rd, 2016, 16:49
Hello.

Are you looking for more players? I'm from the UK, totally new to fantasy grounds and not really played Rolemaster in decades but would like too.

Welcome aboard!

What character are you interested in playing? We currently have 2 tanks (1 fighter & 1 rogue), 1 warrior monk and 2 magic users (although I'm not sure what they are exactly). The fighter is actually a kind of NPC as we needed the extra beef. :p

We're playing RMC (Rolemaster Classic) which is pretty much the same as the RM2 that you probably played a couple of decades ago. It's possible that you played RMSS (Rolemaster Standard System) as it was released in 1995 which is fairly different to RM2 & RMC but regardless, it'll be easy to slip back into the swing of things. :)

As for Fantasy Grounds, it's fairly easy to get up and running as a player (especially as Chris is a master at initiating players) but it's a little more complicated for a GM! :confused: Unfortunately, Fantasy Grounds was created with a certain ruleset in mind and there is some awkwardness when it comes to a few Rolemaster conventions but despite this, the ruleset does an amazing job.

Hawkwind has the Ultimate Fantasy Grounds License so you won't need to own Fantasy Grounds yourself as the demo will do. You won't have to own the RMC Ruleset either. :)

Pandaemonium
July 23rd, 2016, 19:58
Welcome aboard!

Thanks!

What character are you interested in playing? We currently have 2 tanks (1 fighter & 1 rogue), 1 warrior monk and 2 magic users (although I'm not sure what they are exactly). The fighter is actually a kind of NPC as we needed the extra beef. :p

I'd like to play an Illusionist, Bard or Mystic (in that order), but can be adptable. I tend to prefer casters though. I really like the Enchanter from RMSS (and from what I can google RC IV) but I'm guessing that isn't in the FG ruleset.

We're playing RMC (Rolemaster Classic) which is pretty much the same as the RM2 that you probably played a couple of decades ago. It's possible that you played RMSS (Rolemaster Standard System) as it was released in 1995 which is fairly different to RM2 & RMC but regardless, it'll be easy to slip back into the swing of things. :)

It was RM2 I played origionally. At least I think so. I picked up a blue box with the main books in the eighties. Actually it was red MERP box and then RM2. Both of which are either buried somewhere deepor lost to time. I've bought the classic pdfs of the main three books though.

I have a fair few of the RMSS books but I've only ever read them and played around with chargen not actually played it.

craggles
July 24th, 2016, 13:20
I'd like to play an Illusionist, Bard or Mystic
I'm pretty sure Chris and Dennis aren't those professions (but we'll wait for them or Hawkwind to confirm). I can give you a hand creating your character sometime when the server is up if Chris didn't have time to go through it with you.

Very happy to run a short intro session while we are on our break. Drop me a line if you are interested and, if I have enough interest, I'll put something together.
I'll join in with Chris' intro session if he needs to make up some numbers. :)

It was RM2 I played origionally. At least I think so. I picked up a blue box with the main books in the eighties. Actually it was red MERP box and then RM2. Both of which are either buried somewhere deepor lost to time. I've bought the classic pdfs of the main three books though.
I have a fair few of the RMSS books but I've only ever read them and played around with chargen not actually played it.

I started with MERP but jumped into RM2 very quickly too. I came back many years later when RMFRP (Rolemaster Fantasy Roleplaying) came out. RMFRP was a refinement of the RMSS system and is my favourite (apart from RMU (Rolemaster Unified) but that's not finished yet).

craggles
July 24th, 2016, 13:34
Hi Hawkwind,

As we'll be going on a new quest, may I suggest a new FG theme? [Rolemaster] a New Theme is available ! (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?32716-Rolemaster-a-New-Theme-is-available-!&p=275610&viewfull=1#post275610) ;)

Also, I really like Chris' Hidden skills extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26785-Hidden-skills-extension&p=238938&viewfull=1#post238938). When the box is checked, double clicking on the skill will roll them automagically in the Tower. So you'd tick the 'perception' skill, 'stalk/hide' skill and any other skill that should be rolled in the Tower and we'll never have to remember to drag them to the Tower again. :)

hawkwind
July 26th, 2016, 10:04
ok I'll see what I can do

Elysine
July 28th, 2016, 22:34
The two spellcasting professions we have are Mage (fairly classic) and Cleric. I would call my Cleric a "Battle Cleric", as he is a reasonably diversified combat-oriented Channeling user with some healing, divining, and summoning skills (plus quite a decent archer if I might say).

craggles
July 28th, 2016, 22:54
He's no Keri, but he is VERY decent! :)

craggles
July 29th, 2016, 20:06
Are we doing the loot session this Monday?

Chris_Seal
August 1st, 2016, 13:18
I think we're back on next week for two weeks - then two weeks off (22nd and the 29th August). I'm planning on running a short 'No experience required' introduction to Rolemaster and RM in Fantasy Grounds on those days if anyone is interested.

Cheers
Chris

craggles
August 1st, 2016, 14:14
Thanks - I now have an evening of Star Wars. :P

I'm interested on the intro - if you need more numbers. :)

hawkwind
August 1st, 2016, 15:18
Yep no game tonight as I have just got home from three days of camping in Norfolk

Chris_Seal
August 1st, 2016, 15:25
Thanks - I now have an evening of Star Wars. :P

I'm interested on the intro - if you need more numbers. :)

Heh, I'm hoping to see you there :)

hawkwind
August 6th, 2016, 09:56
Going through my campaign notes i seem to have ended this part of the campaign prematurely so players will get an opportunity for further bloodshed on Monday

hawkwind
August 8th, 2016, 17:00
server up

hawkwind
August 15th, 2016, 18:29
server loading

1williamsg
August 21st, 2016, 00:18
I will be unable to be there next monday (22/08). but with me at -90 I wouldn't expect me to be much help for the last couple of rooms so if I could be taken to the horses while those are done before we had to town and get healed up that would be great.

sorry about not mentioning this sooner but I didn't realise that I had a family thing I had to go to on monday I thought it was on tuesday.

Gez (Vol)

craggles
August 22nd, 2016, 20:19
Im assuming we're not playing tonight? :confused:

hawkwind
August 28th, 2016, 10:44
Im assuming we're not playing tonight? :confused:

We are not playing tomorrow either due due to doing family stuff on a bank holiday

hawkwind
September 5th, 2016, 18:22
the server is up

Elysine
September 11th, 2016, 15:05
I'm sorry, I should have left a post. As mentioned last time we all met, I am on holidays last Monday and this coming one. I'll be back next week (the 19th). From then on I should be available regularly again.

hawkwind
September 11th, 2016, 17:45
sorry we all forgot...again

Any way that pat of the campaign has finished and we need you to evel up before we start the next part and as of sunday night I've done no prep so we will wait for you to return in eight nights timel, have a great holiday

craggles
September 12th, 2016, 00:11
We managed to get the breastplate and mace (or whatever the weapon was) from the Golem's room. I think it's time you started to put some DP's into a 1 handed weapon - it'll definitely be worth it!! (it has some awesome bonuses!) :D

I don't think we came to a decision on the breastplate though - I'm pretty sure Geraint (Vol) is having it as he's the only one with a skill in plate or chain (which ever the breastplate was) and then someone can have Vol's old one (which also has a high bonus). So 'a' breastplate will be up for grabs as well unless the cousin is going to be learning new stuff.

I wish I had nice presents when I come back from holidays. :P

hawkwind
September 19th, 2016, 17:19
server up

hawkwind
September 19th, 2016, 18:03
server up

craggles
September 19th, 2016, 18:51
The head's not good today. :( Sorry.

hawkwind
September 26th, 2016, 18:38
Server going up

Ardem
September 30th, 2016, 02:15
For so long I have been confused about this forum post. All I ever see is server up or cannot make it, is this game a public game or is this game post just to post to individuals in your group. Is it a server game based on text etc. It has baffled me the series of comments here cause I am missing so much information in between.

hawkwind
September 30th, 2016, 17:34
We just do our out game come via this thread, the regular posting has occasionally recruited a new pl PlayStAtion reminds me I can't run a game this coming Monday guys as I'm on week long residential IT course :(

PhilFischer
October 6th, 2016, 03:28
If this game is still active I could be available as a player or back up player.
Send me PM and I'll respond.

-Phil

hawkwind
October 10th, 2016, 18:24
server just gone up. Hopefully a new player tonight who gets to be Salazar's cousin oh and if you ate reading this Phil we are on the alternative server for TS

hawkwind
October 17th, 2016, 20:00
server up

Majyk
October 17th, 2016, 22:44
server up

Just jumping over here after posting on the ICE forum about being interested in playing with you blokes.

RM2 GM since the late 80s in high school where my boss at the comic shop I worked at, ran a game that captured my imagination and made me fall in love with % dice!
Still have every book I bought back then.

Cheers to any response back whether good or bad.
See you on t'other side, all.

craggles
October 17th, 2016, 23:05
Now is an ideal time to join ...as we're all about to die! :hurt::p

At least 4 giants and a mysterious newcomer surround us - the biggest cliffhanger ever! :cry:

Majyk
October 17th, 2016, 23:15
Now is an ideal time to join ...as we're all about to die! :hurt::p

At least 4 giants and a mysterious newcomer surround us - the biggest cliffhanger ever! :cry:

Holy smokes, crazy! Luck AND success to the group for getting outta that!

craggles
October 17th, 2016, 23:50

...perhaps with your help? :)

craggles
October 17th, 2016, 23:51

Majyk
October 18th, 2016, 13:03

Surely, if needed! 😇

hawkwind
October 18th, 2016, 23:26
Surely, if needed! 
You are welcome to join if you think you can make our European friendly game times

Majyk
October 18th, 2016, 23:47
You are welcome to join if you think you can make our European friendly game times

Let's do it, babee! ��

Majyk
October 24th, 2016, 14:57
Thanks for the opening to help out!
All setup with teamspeak and snuck into a D&D5e server a few days back to be sure everything was working AOK.

Excited to get some RM action in - great to go if still on for tonight?

craggles
October 24th, 2016, 15:12
I'm pretty sure we're on for tonight (but my memory is very bad).

Are you all set up with a character or will you need to do that first?

Majyk
October 24th, 2016, 15:26
Would love to get one going but was offered a NPC to play, just in case the GM thinks I'll hate you guys(or y'all, me).
:D

I'm good either way, but must admit a bit of a comic-relief style when not in serious situations.

craggles
October 24th, 2016, 16:35
Ah yes, Salazar's cousin (yup, this NPC doesn't even have a name)! :P Basically he's the tank. Salazar was once a PC but after his death, the character sheet was kept on as an NPC and became Salazar's Cousin.

He's out for blood after Salazar was brutally murdered in the echo caves. Only 1 creature was left alive by the end but despite this, Salazar's cousin's thrust for vengeance was not satiated. His anger turned inward - if only he had been by his cousin's side from the beginning, perhaps then he would still be alive.

Every vile creature, every perversion of nature slain since then brings little comfort but press on he must - surely the scales will be balanced someday and he will at last know peace in his heart and bring honour to Salazar. (or not) ;)

Clearly, when his might is no longer required, he uses humour to mask his true feelings.

Majyk
October 24th, 2016, 16:49
Good stuff. LOL, I can just see it now, SC speaks in third person:
"Salazar's Cousin is not happy. Salazar's Cousin wants more of a discount from the greengrocer for his sweet tooth to fresh fruit! Salazar's Cousin's body is a temple and needs to be well kept."
Mainly more of a Stealth/Agile Caster player but whatever the party needs if it's wholesome RM goodness, babee!

Are there any player blogs/tales to pore through from previous sessions? Would love to have a read if so.

craggles
October 24th, 2016, 17:01
That sounds just like him :P

Alas, no blogs to my knowledge.

hawkwind
October 24th, 2016, 17:06
server is up

Majyk
October 24th, 2016, 22:49
Thanks for letting me in, tonight, and sorry for the lack of combat tracker knowledge I thought I'd possessed from study of the vids online.

I'll re-study where to put on the fly mods for next time, if I didn't slow you guys down too much.

If allowed to do so, I'd love to roll up some stats for a new uncursed PC.
Available whenever someone else is to verify stat rolls, character creation rules, etc.

hawkwind
October 25th, 2016, 13:11
I'm happy to put the server up , do we have a volunteer to help with character generation?

craggles
October 25th, 2016, 13:19
I can do that - when's good for you?

Majyk
October 25th, 2016, 13:31
Thanks, gang!

I am at your schedule as I am a non-sleeper.

craggles
October 25th, 2016, 18:09
What's the time difference?
I'm available afternoons and late evenings if that fits in with you and if Mike is able to keep the server on. ��

hawkwind
October 25th, 2016, 19:33
I'll put the server up once I put my kids to bed and then leave it up for a day

Majyk
October 25th, 2016, 20:00
Thanks, guys.
Going with your 8PM(GMT) is my 1PM(PST).

I can be ready any time after that.

TIA

hawkwind
October 25th, 2016, 20:23
server going up

Majyk
October 25th, 2016, 20:41
Wifey just home now, stealing me for lunch - argh!

Should be back in the next hour and a bit.
If all else fails, I can roll a bunch of times in chat and go from there, if all alone?

hawkwind
October 25th, 2016, 21:32
Feel free, I'll check out what you've done in my morning

Majyk
October 26th, 2016, 01:11
Kk, posted up to the beginning of Adolescence(without spending Apprenticeship DPs) but after making my first Stat Gain rolls.
(Not knowing if allowed to spend in multiple Spell Lists or not, and other character creation rules(multiple stat rolls made in groups of 1-2-3, then pick a column rerolling lowest, etc. Skill at Arms and Magic stuff in RM Classic Companion(RMC I) = my favourite, haha.)

craggles
October 26th, 2016, 02:34
I'm really sorry, I totally flaked - have you finished already?

Majyk
October 26th, 2016, 04:22
No worries, I am sure I didn't do a perfect job but things seemed pretty intuitive after playing around for a bit.

Just didn't know some possible House Rules for creation like I do with my own campaigns.

Looking back at one possible error in taking 90s in my prime reqs:
-didn't stop to look if they had the lowest scores in their spots before I did that, heh.

hawkwind
October 26th, 2016, 08:32
character gen is strictly by Character Law, we don't use any of the companions

Majyk
October 26th, 2016, 09:09
Understood, yeah. I ended up noticing the Index of Alternate Rules being used at the bottom of the page and started looking there for confirmation - a very kewl feature to keep track of what is canon for character creation.

Added DP snapshot showing non-updates to Skill Development through multiple levels(4-5 as a guess?)

After closing and re-opening the Skill Dev screen = all is well. Will have to add a few levels' worth of the DP difference I am sure there was...

Otherwise just a few things to shore up and I should be good for next session.

hawkwind
October 30th, 2016, 13:17
I have cancelled Mondays game as it's Halloween and my kids expect me to escort them round the dark and damp streets of London while they extort sweets from strangers. I explained to them that this is an American tradition and that in my day we did "a penny for the guy" instead in the run up to bonfire night

Majyk
October 31st, 2016, 15:43
Awww, but understood.
Hopefully it won't rain on them like it does on wee B.C. spooks and goblins every year!
That and hope they get lots of phat candy lewt to be 50% taxed by their Da!

-If possible, and my PC creation looked good so far from the logs, I'll put finishing touches on Annayla(proper weapon and skill entries that I missed: 1HS, 1HC, TH, etc.)
-That and kit: any starting treasure/money guidelines I should know?
(Start with a billion GPs but only allowed to spend 25% on any single item.
No special materials past High Magic Steel, etc?
Add +10% to final prices due to availability.)

Heading for a narcoleptic nap, now, but will sneak in later if up. Thanx.

hawkwind
November 7th, 2016, 15:35
sorry only just seen this, starting money plus what you get from back ground points.

The game is on tonight but my beloved wife has told me she is working late then going out straight to her Yoga class so I'm putting the kids to bed by my self so I might be a bit late

hawkwind
November 7th, 2016, 15:36
also there may well be another new player........

bpowell
November 7th, 2016, 17:31
also there may well be another new player........

I think Hawkwind is referring to me. I told him i would be more than happy to be a fly in the wall tonight. Do not want to disrupt anything.

-BP

hawkwind
November 7th, 2016, 18:00
don't be shy , rpgs are not a very good spectator sport imho

oh and the servers up

bpowell
November 7th, 2016, 18:13
I am on the server. I assume Salazer's Cousin is the NPC. I will grab it if that is OK.

bpowell
November 7th, 2016, 18:19
I am in Teamspeak using the server. What is the Channel?

craggles
November 7th, 2016, 19:25
The game is on tonight but my beloved wife has told me she is working late then going out straight to her Yoga class so I'm putting the kids to bed by my self so I might be a bit late

Don't worry, we'll not start without you. :P

craggles
November 7th, 2016, 19:27
I am in Teamspeak using the server. What is the Channel?

The first person to log-in makes the channel - usually something like 'Rolemaster-LostMine'

craggles
November 7th, 2016, 19:35
I am on the server. I assume Salazer's Cousin is the NPC. I will grab it if that is OK.

Welcome new guy. :)

Yes, the cousin is the NPC - don't kill him, I don't know how many other cousins he has. :P

bpowell
November 7th, 2016, 19:38
From reading the thread, he is a body guard type for the mage. But it seems he is better with the Short Bow, so he will start with that and move to the hammer and shield, if the Bad Guys get within striking distance of the mage.

-BP, the FNG (Fabulous New Guy)

Majyk
November 8th, 2016, 04:29
sorry only just seen this, starting money plus what you get from back ground points.

Hope the game was awesome, tonight, and I would like to apologize to all for missing out! Glad "newer-new guy” could help the party avoid tonight's latest TPK attempt by the GM?
;)

DST ending gave me an hour less time to race home for the game and unintentionally being kept at work, late, left me getting home at 16:30 PST/02:30 GMT.

bpowell
November 8th, 2016, 14:44
I was happy to be part of the group. While I did not contribute much, not knowing the group dynamics and all of the things already done. But I hope i will be asked back.

-BP

hawkwind
November 10th, 2016, 07:37
yes every is welcome next Monday, hopefully it wont be just the sound my voice and some dice will be thrown in anger

Majyk
November 10th, 2016, 07:56
Locked in my new shift to leave me an hour to get home and get logged into the game with y'all.
Hopefully won't be too late most days but possible 15-30.

If too much of a disruption, I'll bow out to save the party from waiting for this broken guy's @$$.

bpowell
November 11th, 2016, 01:53
yes every is welcome next Monday, hopefully it wont be just the sound my voice and some dice will be thrown in anger

Salazar's Cousin #123 will be there.

-BP

bpowell
November 14th, 2016, 17:39

May I assume we are still on for 8 PM GMT?

hawkwind
November 14th, 2016, 18:31
yep the server is up

Majyk
November 14th, 2016, 19:58
Almost home, but will be 15min late, start and I can meet the party as anything later(prisoner, wanderer or ???)
Happy to make it, babee!

Majyk
November 14th, 2016, 22:38
Thanks gang, getting the hang of adding MM, Dist and other percentages for spells in Combat Tracker.
Just need the linkages behind my BAR and MA Sweeps.

I'll be available whenever someone else is, and the server is up. Just post to me here and I'll come running as quickly as I am able to do so. Cheers and g'nite!

EDIT:
Speaking of which, I'll sneak a peak at other spellcasting PCs to check on how they did their linkages if it is a Player setup side.

bpowell
November 14th, 2016, 22:38
Thanks everyone for the game tonight!

-BP

hawkwind
November 15th, 2016, 07:29
I will start the server up tonight probably around 5pm GMT so Majyk can finish his character and Bpowell can start a level 10 character of his choice