PDA

View Full Version : Npc traits and effects on ct

Azngalahad
September 8th, 2015, 05:21
Is it possible to write in effects in the traits and thy would be applied as buffs for creating monsters when I place them in the ct?

For instance I wanted a Npc to always have advantage against attacks could I just write GRANTADVATK in the effects and that would be applied? Or even things like immune: critical or regen: 20 instead of writing regenerates 20

TinCanKing
September 8th, 2015, 08:30
I know for sure that the 5e NPC character sheets have a section to handle resistance, immunity, and vulnerability already. You just fill out the section, and it will automatically apply to the creature when it gets moved into the combat tracker. I am less certain about effects like automatically giving the creature GRANTADVATK, though I'm still pretty new to FG. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to do it.

Zacchaeus
September 8th, 2015, 10:50
Is it possible to write in effects in the traits and thy would be applied as buffs for creating monsters when I place them in the ct?

For instance I wanted a Npc to always have advantage against attacks could I just write GRANTADVATK in the effects and that would be applied? Or even things like immune: critical or regen: 20 instead of writing regenerates 20

I suppose the short answer is no but read on. As far as GRANTADVATK is concerned you would need to create an effect and apply it to the monster after it had been placed on the Combat Tracker. If a creature has the regeneration ability then that will almost certainly parse when it is placed onto the combat tracker. The best way to figure all of this out is to pull a number of NPCs onto the Combat Tracker and see what has automated and what hasn't. Fantasy Grounds tries to translate what is in the NPC description and put that into something that the player can use. For example it will parse attacks, immunities, vulnerabilities etc as well as a number of other things. But just becasue of the sheer number of possibilities and also if the way that an ability is described is not exactly as expected than it won't parse correctly or at all.

jshauber
September 8th, 2015, 15:16
Go here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects for a list of all the effects you can create for 5e on the CT and how to properly format them.

If you still have questions, then feel free to post here and we will help the best we can.