PDA

View Full Version : need help creating a npc

rabbedrabit
September 7th, 2015, 12:41
i can make a monster npc that was easy how do i make a charicter class npc like a wizard and have his spells available to be used when the party is fighting him.

rabbedrabit
September 7th, 2015, 12:49
i was able to make a charicter and link it to the npc tab and was able to open the charicter sheet. im hopeing that will allow me to use his spells but my fear is that the pc's will be able to see the charicter in the pc tab and that will remove some of the mistery of the adventure.

kane280484
September 7th, 2015, 12:54
What ruleset are we talking about here? I create my NPC wizards just like monsters.

damned
September 7th, 2015, 13:09
If you want a more full featured NPC then creating a PC is a good way to go. To prevent the players peeking at her you can connect a second instance of FG to localhost (with a different username too) and then you can select the character making her unavailable to the players. You as the GM will always be able to access the character still.

rabbedrabit
September 7th, 2015, 13:11
5e is what we are playing. ill have to try that 2nd instance

damned
September 7th, 2015, 13:18
As kane280484 also pointed out - 5e does support NPCs having Spells now.

rabbedrabit
September 7th, 2015, 19:44
i am able to add spells to the other tab but when clicked it just brings up the spell discription. am i linking it wrong? im unable to target and click for saves/damage

rabbedrabit
September 7th, 2015, 21:54
ok got it mostly figured out wish there was a space for charicter lvl on the npc sheet so the spells would auto fill in the dc's and damage for cantrips but i can figure it out easy enough. thanks for all your help

Trenloe
September 7th, 2015, 22:05
MODERATOR: Moved this to the 5E forum. This is 5E specific and isn't a "House of Healing" relevant technical issue.

Zacchaeus
September 7th, 2015, 23:35
ok got it mostly figured out wish there was a space for charicter lvl on the npc sheet so the spells would auto fill in the dc's and damage for cantrips but i can figure it out easy enough. thanks for all your help

As damned said above if you want a full featured NPC then create them as a Player Character and hide them from the players. this would be great for a recurring villain or nemesis who would level up with the PCs (always just getting away at when the PCs catch them up).

Also as noted above you can attach spells to NPC but you will have to manually sort out things like Spell DCs etc. The good thing though is that you only need to do this once and you can then export the NPC into a module which can then be used in other modules.