PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Effect Names Only in the Combat Tracker

jajen2003
September 7th, 2015, 02:48
Hello all,

I would like to make a formal request to be able to just display the name of an effect in the combat tracker, instead of all the effect code.

Some of these strings of effect code can get pretty long and complex. And at higher levels, there's a bunch of effects taking place and it crowds up mine and my player's CTs. I know there's a visibiltiy toggle option on the DM side of things, but that's an all or nothing affair.

I love how conditions like Blinded and Frightened appear in the CT. A simple display name, with all the effects code applied, and not displayed in the CT. That would be great, if we had the same functionality as DMs. To write an effect code, and have just the 'item' name that is was applied to be showed in the CT.

I've checked the 5E Effects wiki page up and down and in and out, and I can't find anything about displaying the name/word instead of the all the effects code.

Thank you,

Jake(DM)

PS. I don't know if voting or bumping is a thing (or allowed), so please respond appropriately if you agree. Thank you.

Visual Reference

Trenloe
September 7th, 2015, 02:55
This is already in the the feature request/wishlist. You can vote for it here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=50632

damned
September 7th, 2015, 05:32
PS. I don't know if voting or bumping is a thing (or allowed), so please respond appropriately if you agree. Thank you.

It is allowed but its best not to have three threads on the same topic on the same day :)
Go vote its a good suggestion.