PDA

View Full Version : Effect Names and the Combat Tracker

jajen2003
September 7th, 2015, 02:27
Hey all,

Is there a way to just display the name of an effect in the combat tracker, instead of all the effect code?

Some of these strings of effect code can get pretty long and complex. And at higher levels, there's a bunch of effects taking place and it crowds up mine and my player's CTs.

I have the 5E rule set and all PHB and MM Core book modules installed. I love how conditions like Blinded and Frightened appear in the CT just like that, with only their name, but still apply all of the cool effects.

I've checked the 5E Effects wiki page up and down and in and out, and I can't find anything about displaying the Effect Name instead of the Effect Code.

I'm still new to FG, so maybe's there's a button I'm not pressing when I'm making these effects.

If this is NOT something I can do, then can I please make a formal request for this feature? It seems like it would be pretty helpful for DMs and Players. It'll clear up extraneous code information on the CT and enhance overall play.

Thank you,

Jake(DM)

darrenan
September 7th, 2015, 02:30
Most effects don't actually have names per se. There are a set of conditions that the ruleset understands and knows how to apply modifiers for, such as the ones you mention. Other than that, effects are just the strings of effect code, nothing more.

jajen2003
September 7th, 2015, 02:31
Most effects don't actually have names per se. There are a set of conditions that the ruleset understands and knows how to apply modifiers for, such as the ones you mention. Other than that, effects are just the strings of effect code, nothing more.

Ok, great. Instead of displaying all that code in the combat tracker when an 'effect' is applied, is there a way to display a single word, similar to when a 'condition' is applied?

jajen2003
September 7th, 2015, 02:33
So let's say I was going to apply an effect from my 'Actions' tab. The 'effect' was applied to an 'item' called "Rage". The effect code is not very visually appealing. So instead of displaying the 'effect code' for the 'item', can I display the 'item' name instead?

darrenan
September 7th, 2015, 02:35
Sounds like a nice feature request, but I don't think it can be done today.

jajen2003
September 7th, 2015, 02:40

jajen2003
September 7th, 2015, 02:44
Sounds like a nice feature request, but I don't think it can be done today.

Well that's unfortunate.