PDA

View Full Version : Name of Effects in the CT

jajen2003
September 7th, 2015, 02:13
Hey all,

Is there a way to just display the name of an effect in the combat tracker, instead of all the Effect Code?

Some of these strings of effect code can get pretty long and complex. And at higher levels, there's a bunch of effects taking place and it crowds up mine and my player's CTs.

I'm still new to FG, so maybe's there's a button I'm not pressing when I'm making these effects.

Thank you,

Jake(DM)

Griogre
September 7th, 2015, 05:11
No there isn't right now. That is one of the reasons I personally try to minimise the number of effects I use, since if you use them for everything *and* they are not fire and forget it becomes a hassle to manage them. :( Using "Turn: Show Effects [On]" can help some because it will show all the non hidden effects in the chat window and even if a player forgets something another player can remind him.

You can toggle an effect to be seen by the GM only but why that declutters the Player CT it doesn't help the GM who will still see everything.

kane280484
September 7th, 2015, 08:37
I tend to hide most effects from the view of my players, by picking "GM" visibility button in the effect on the CT. But yeah, hiding the code would be a nice feature.

jajen2003
September 7th, 2015, 08:54
I tend to hide most effects from the view of my players, by picking "GM" visibility button in the effect on the CT. But yeah, hiding the code would be a nice feature.

That's actually quite a good idea. I can see how having the statuses on there, it could remove some mystery. But I still think it would be cool to do it.