PDA

View Full Version : library sharing

aellongm
September 6th, 2015, 20:50
Okay, I'm probably really thick, but I can't figure out which modules I'd need to share with my players, and which ones I don't.

I'm running a PFS session, and someone gave me a module containing all the maps, npc's and such. I have all the PFRPG modules.

Am I right in assuming that I need to allow the players access to The rules and everything that gives them character options (Spells, feats and stuff) but not the actual adventure module itself?

Trenloe
September 6th, 2015, 20:57
At a high level, yes - don't allow access to the adventure module. Share maps/handouts etc. from the adventure on an individual basis.

For the player side it's usual to share spells, basic rules, etc. modules. However, as there are many community based modules a player might use to add "stuff" to their character sheet - the main ones being feats/class/race abilities: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16074-List-of-Modules&p=120187&viewfull=1#post120187

You can either ask the players what modules they've used in the creation of their PC. But this might just be a case of trial and error - and they can always request access to a library they have, just for them, once in the game.

Just allow access to some of the popular player based modules, don't force load them. Restrict access to adventure/GM modules.

I've moved this to the Pathfinder forum as it's not a technical support issue and is fairly Pathfinder specific question.

aellongm
September 7th, 2015, 10:58
Thanks for the answer. And sorry about that.