PDA

View Full Version : Not Updating

Warden
September 6th, 2015, 08:39
Hi

I've a few questions I was hoping someone would address for me please

(1) I bought Fantasy Grounds 2 a few years ago and it's currently at version 2.8.1. When I try checking for updates, I instantly get "Getting package listing" and then "Error". Any reason why?

(2) Can you use webcams when playing Fantasy Ground?

(3) I have the full license I have, so what do my players have to do in order to hook up to my roleplay sessions?

(4) When I go to buy the Savage Worlds ruleset, the page neither shows me a cost, or the savage worlds product. It's basically a blank screen with an 'Add to basket' icon. Like this:

I've switched off Ad Blocker too, if that's important.

Thanks

damned
September 6th, 2015, 14:10
Your AV or Software Firewall maybe blocking the FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe or UpdaterEngine.exe from network comms.
FantasyGrounds has no Voice or Video capabilities. If yo want to use Video you can use Skype, Hangouts or even Roll20 to do that part and use FG on top to handle the gaming.
Most people use a Voice only product like TeamSpeak, Ventrillo, Mumble etc...
Players will need a similar license to play with you. For players to play for free you need an Ultimate license. That is really the only difference between the two licenses.
Savage Worlds ruleset loads ok for me on store page...

Warden
September 6th, 2015, 14:53
Ok thanks for clarifying

Trenloe
September 6th, 2015, 15:13
Your version might be incompatible with the recent updater. Run the latest FG installer from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/

If that doesn't work, uninstall Fantasy Grounds (your data directory will be left intact) and run that updater again.

Warden
September 6th, 2015, 15:36
Ok will do Trenloe

Thanks for the tip