FG License: Full Licence
Time Zone: EST
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Weekly / Bi-weekly
Term: Long Term, Module, or 1 shot
Voice: Prefer a voice chat game

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E
Game System Experience: 8 months experience with 5th Edition D&D
Fantasy Grounds Experience: New to Fantasy GRounds

Character Type Preferred: I prefer to play a bard, but will play any magic user including cleric or paladin. I really only dislike playing melee only classes like the fighter or barb.
About me: 30 years old and a veteran of console RPGs, just got into D&D this year with a few friends, but looking to get some more experience. I am ultimately looking to play in a few games so I can learn how to DM better, and hopefully DM some games down the road.

I am looking for a game for myself, but if a second spot opens up I have a friend who would be interested in playing. His experience with 5e is a bit less than mine.

GenSmicer
September 4th, 2015, 20:57
It's a bit unfair to say a fighter is only melee though :p. Not many play him as an archer I guess but it still could be done :p. And then I'm not even mentioning his possible spellcasting parts :p.
For a babarian that would be a bit of a waste of his rage ability :p.

GunnarGreybeard
September 4th, 2015, 22:32
You posted "Weekly / Bi-weekly" but do you have a certain day of the week that is preferred? I am looking at starting up a Saturday morning game but am also considering Monday morning as well (I work nights through the weekends so that is when I am available those days and not committed to family face time).

JohnnyEdge
September 5th, 2015, 00:03
Actually looking for an evening game after work. Anytime between 6-12 EST. thanks for the reply though Gunnar.

GunnarGreybeard
September 5th, 2015, 15:44
Actually looking for an evening game after work. Anytime between 6-12 EST. thanks for the reply though Gunnar.
No worries. I do have another 5e game running Wednesday nights (7-9 CST), that is bi-weekly, but that game is currently full up and the group is pretty consistent about showing up.

JohnnyEdge
September 8th, 2015, 18:23
Still looking for a game - just wanted to bump this thread.

damned
September 9th, 2015, 03:05
Hey JohnnyEdge you mentioned one shots - have a look at Gamer Geekend coming up in 8 days time.

There is a whole bunch of RPG sessions running at Gamer Geekend including:
Star Wars, Pathfinder, 5e, Castles&Crusades, Call of Cthulhu and 8 Savage Worlds games ranging from Achtung! Cthulhu to Team Dangerous, Star Trek to Firefly, and Top Secret to the A-Team.
https://www.gamergeekend.org/events/role-playing-games/

One Shot sessions are great to try different stuff and to meet other gamers and GMs and find more games for the future.