PDA

View Full Version : Will FG ever run natively on Mac? Or is it always going to be via WineBottle/WineSkin

jajen2003
September 4th, 2015, 17:15
Like the topic says, are there any plans to have Fantasy Grounds run natively on the Mac OSX?

I seem to be having tons of problems, either through WineBottler or Steam and nothing anyone in my OPs re: those topics and issues seem to be working.

It seems like having the app run natively on both Windows and Mac would be the easiest solution, from a consumer side. I'm not anywhere close to being aware of what that would take on the developer side of things.

Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks,

Jake(DM)

Nylanfs
September 4th, 2015, 17:17
Yes, that is one reason for the Unity rebuild. But that is still a ways off.

jajen2003
September 4th, 2015, 17:20
Yes, that is one reason for the Unity rebuild. But that is still a ways off.

What is the Unity rebuild?

I'm not a computer geek. I'm just a casual gamer that likes to play D&D with my friends. So forgive me for not knowing all the technical lingo and the like.

I just want this program to work. *sigh*

Nylanfs
September 4th, 2015, 19:22
They are rebuilding FG with the Unity Game engine, which has better cross-platform support.

Callum
September 4th, 2015, 19:51
My brother has been running FG on a Mac successfully for years, through several versions of MacOS and FG. Hopefully you'll be able to get your problems ironed out soon, and then enjoy trouble-free gaming for years, like him!

Nylanfs
September 4th, 2015, 20:02
Doug got it fixed. :) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25862-Fantasy-Grounds-Interface-Partial-Lockup-Confused)