PDA

View Full Version : Error with players connecting to me. Unable to create directory / ruleset errors

pxbest
September 4th, 2015, 13:33
I have five players beginning the LMoP adventure this weekend. Last weekend, three of my players logged in with no problems and created their characters. Last night, 09/03/2015, my final two players tried to log in by downloading the current installer from the downloads page, installed (from what it said correctly), and entered the information I gave them for the alias and when it began downloading the files for my game, immediatly threw up an error. Either "Unable to create directory: Lost Mine of Phandelver" campaign title or "Unable to download ruleset".

First thing I did was assure that my router was set with the proper open ports and even turned off my firewalls on router and antivirus and asked them to open the program and updater in Administrator. They tried again, still the same error. I'd like to try and get this resolved as we want to start playing Saturday the 5th.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mask_of_winter
September 4th, 2015, 13:57
Are you force loading the LMoP module to them? Are they using a cloud service to store their FG data?

pxbest
September 4th, 2015, 14:07
I would assume that I am force loading it as they are only using the free verison with my ultimate license. I was able to connect without a problem at work. This could mean that it is a problem with their connection? Maybe their firewall is blocking things? I'm going to travel down to their place over the holiday and see. But any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks again!

pxbest
September 4th, 2015, 14:09
I forgot to mention that they are a couple connecting from the same connection.

damned
September 4th, 2015, 14:36
Make sure they have installed to default locations. No additional changes required at your end as the other players are connected fine.
If they are using wifi try moving them closer to the WiFi or using a LAN cable.
Try running FG as Administrator and then running the Updater.

Trenloe
September 4th, 2015, 15:21
As damned says, this is not a problem with your connection. This will be a problem with their local computer's saving the files they need to download from you.

Are they using PCs or Macs?
Have they installed to the default file locations?
If they're on a PC, ask them to run Fantasy Grounds as administrator (right-click on the startup icon and select "Run as Administrator").
Get them to run a full update before they try to join your game.
Make sure they don't have any weird characters in the player name they use to connect to your game. Standard alphanumeric characters should be used.