PDA

View Full Version : [Extension] Enhanced Items 2 for 3.5E/Pathfinder

Jwguy
September 4th, 2015, 04:33
Don't know if this will actually interest anyone, but I made a small extension, mostly for my own convenience, and largely based off the Enhanced Items extension (hence the title; Thanks sciencephile!).

Basically, I wanted a separate field added to items to keep track of charges for things like Wands, Healing Belts, Staffs, and so on. For the longest time, we just used a Psion-Based Spell Class, but that wasn't cutting it because it'd be refreshed whenever the party rested. So, the next best thing was to keep track of it on the actual item, itself, but slapping it in Notes or the Description just felt kind of tacky.

Anyways, this adds a new set of number fields beneath the description text entitled "Charges", with fields for both the Current and Maximum Charge values. They're dropadd fields, so you can roll up the number of charges left on items and just drag them into the current field, if you want. The maximum field is only editable by GMs, but if it turns out that isn't what is wanted, I can change that at some point in the future.

https://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h178/Jwguy/Charges_zps8b33n8qa.png

I don't have any particular aspirations for the extension, although if anyone wants to use or modify it, including for the FG Rulesets, you're more than welcome to.

Hope this helps. Have fun.

UPDATE 6/9/2016, v3:

After taking note of the problems with Enhanced Items and Enhanced Items 2 (namely, the fields not hiding one another, due to the two extensions overwriting each other), I went ahead and asked Sciencephile if he'd mind merging the two. He graciously agreed, so I went ahead and combined them. I tried to mess around with a double-click reduction function, similar to the Hero Points extension, but for now, it is still manual.

So, attached is Enhanced Items 3, now including both charges and GM Only fields.

Sasmira
September 4th, 2015, 09:53
Hello,

Enhanced Item is included in your addon ?

S.

Jwguy
September 4th, 2015, 11:44
No, sorry. I just use both, and didn't think of it when I made the screenshot. They're compatible with each other.

Sasmira
September 4th, 2015, 11:46
ok :)

notanumber
September 4th, 2015, 15:45
This is something I've wanted since I started creating my own campaigns. Thanks!

Jwguy
May 13th, 2016, 22:22
I noticed some funky behavior with the fields not being hidden, entirely, on Unidentified Items. Seems to only happen when using both Enhanced Items and Enhanced Items 2, as a result of a conflict between the two using the same Item_Main.lua script.

Jwguy
June 9th, 2016, 15:24
Updated to version 3; Thanks Sciencephile, for allowing me to merge the two plugins.