PDA

View Full Version : LFG Out of the Abyss

Quikstryke
September 3rd, 2015, 21:22
Im a west coast pst time zone player looking for a monday or tuesday night out of the abyss game. Experience with fg and i have a mumble server for the group. Feel free to mssg me if you need a solid player

chrisscott
September 5th, 2015, 01:15
I'm also interested in playing this. I am pretty much resigned to the fact that I will have to run the game as the DM, but I would LOVE to be a player in this awesome sounding adventure. I have lots of experience with 5e and fantasy grounds, can Roleplay and get along with a group. Send a note if you are interested in this campaign, either as a player or DM.

keeperofsouls
September 5th, 2015, 04:56
I would love to be a player before I get my hands on this as a DM. Tuesday night I could do I am Mountain time.

Raunalyn
September 6th, 2015, 15:48
If someone is GMing, as long as it's on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday night after 6pm CST, I'm down.

chrisscott
September 6th, 2015, 18:23
So guys, should we draw straws to see which of us has to run it? ;)

Quikstryke
September 6th, 2015, 21:47
I have 0 experience as a dm so i wouldnt feel comfortable starting to be a dm on an adventure like this..

keeperofsouls
September 6th, 2015, 22:45
Hahaha I like to play it before I run it as a DM. Other wise I never enjoy it as a player. Also I love to twist theses campaigns all up.

chrisscott
September 6th, 2015, 23:53
Anyone know when the official Fantasy grounds version of the module will be released?

Quikstryke
September 8th, 2015, 00:00
Anyone know when the official Fantasy grounds version of the module will be released?

Awesome question!! I have no idea lol

Raunalyn
September 8th, 2015, 15:45
I believe I read somewhere on the forums here that the team has been working on it for some time.

My guess is that it will be available when the module itself is available for general release (instead of early release).

chrisscott
September 8th, 2015, 21:05
I think you are right about the release date. I just wish it wasn't being kept such a secret. Makes it hard to plan a start date if we have no idea when it will be made available for Fantasy Grounds!

Nickolotopus
September 8th, 2015, 23:46
According to the last update on steam, it looks like the release date is September 15th. I'd love to play or run it once the module comes out.

chrisscott
September 9th, 2015, 00:02
I would love for you to run it, and I think there are a bunch of folks here who love to join in as well. I would be very happy to chip in on the cost of the Fantasy Grounds module, once it is available.

chrisscott
September 15th, 2015, 05:37
Ok guys, the FG version is now officially available and it looks great! So who is going to run it? As I said before, I will chip in on the cost of the module for whoever is kind enough to run it with me as a player. I will also guarantee you a spot when I run it afterwards. C'mon, let's do this! The Underdark awaits!

Nickolotopus
September 15th, 2015, 05:50
Oh, I so wish I could right now. I'm going to need a few weeks before I start another campaign. It's hard for me to start two new campaigns so quickly. But hot damn do I want to play it.

Raunalyn
September 15th, 2015, 11:20
Yes, I would love to play...I'm running 3 campaigns right now, though...so if I pick this up, it will likely cause all of my campaigns to suffer.

chrisscott
September 15th, 2015, 16:25
A few weeks wait isn't too bad. Do you have a particular day of the week in mind to run it?

Raunalyn
September 16th, 2015, 15:56
Bumping in the hope that someone will take pity on us and decide to run this game.

Having a hard time deciding what I would want to play. Mage? While fun, it could be challenging. Druid? Could be interesting. Paladin?

Devloaf
September 16th, 2015, 16:31
I am going to be DMing an out of the Abyss adventure soon I have two players already but I'm willing to take up to a total of 7

Raunalyn
September 16th, 2015, 16:36
What day/time?

Devloaf
September 16th, 2015, 16:40
I have not made the purchase yet but and I am finishing a Lmop adventure but if you guys did help buy it that would make it even easier and I would be diligent because I would be depended upon. :) I'm west coast time I have prior D&D experience. I like to think I make the campaign hard difficulty for my players but not overwhelming in hopes that you 'feel the stress'. For instance in Lmop I used a goblin the players had captured and tied up to cause a lot of trouble. They had finished a large encounter and decided to learn what they could but afterward they decided to keep him as a guide. Unfortunately they left the lowest Hp player on guard first so(by the rolls mind you) he got a bad secret Constitution save and fell asleep. The goblin struggle about and escaped after using a hidden dagger to cut his ropes.

Sorry I dragged on just giving an example for you guys to decide upon.

Devloaf
September 16th, 2015, 16:45
I would have to do weekends or weeknights Once or twice a week. Weekends would be 9am-12pm or really early 330am-630am. Weeknights (Tues-Friday for me) I can do anything past 7pm-midnight at the latest. These times are all California West coast time so you'll have to adjust accordingly.

Devloaf
September 16th, 2015, 16:46
Also I prefer to use Skype for voice chat and there's no need for video.

chrisscott
September 16th, 2015, 17:02
I am going to be DMing an out of the Abyss adventure soon I have two players already but I'm willing to take up to a total of 7

Sign me up! As long as you are not running Friday or Saturday night I am in. Was thinking of playing a dwarf cleric, but am super flexible. As I've said before, I can help chip in on the cost of the module.

Devloaf
September 16th, 2015, 17:12
Alright so there is one and with that the availability shrinks. So we have T,W,Th 7pm-12am and S,Su,M 3:30am-6:30am or 9:00am-12:00pm left. Taking out Friday and Saturday night for you. As the others list their availability we will be able to pinpoint which day(s) will be best for all our schedules.

California time

Raunalyn
September 16th, 2015, 17:47
I can do week nights as long as it isn't on Monday or Friday nights! I am CST, so that would be 5pm start time here (there's a possibility that I might be a little late to some sessions because of work).

I would love to chip in for the module...sadly, I can't do very much right now (I'm really really tight until next paycheck)

Devloaf
September 16th, 2015, 18:12
Alright so there's 2 and availability is T,W,Thr now 7pm-12am. 4 total pcs at this point including my 2
Cali Time

Devloaf
September 16th, 2015, 18:19
It might help if we added each other as friends

Devloaf
September 16th, 2015, 18:20
Also games don't have to last that long or start exactly at 7 the game just has to be within that time slot

Zacchaeus
September 16th, 2015, 18:32
Guys, why don't you use the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/)to try and organise things. It looks a bit chaotic atm :)

Devloaf
September 16th, 2015, 18:49
I was planning in it I just wanted make sure it was a sure thing.

Devloaf
September 16th, 2015, 18:58
Alright I added it on game calendar.

Zacchaeus
September 16th, 2015, 19:14
Dev, add a link to your entry on the game calendar in this thread so that chaps can find it more easily. It's not always easy to find games on the calendar.

Devloaf
September 16th, 2015, 19:19
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1626
Awefully demanding lol

Zacchaeus
September 16th, 2015, 19:21
Sorry, that did read a bit like an order rather than a suggestion :)

Devloaf
September 16th, 2015, 19:25
It's OK trust me I'm the DM....haha

Vladlock
September 17th, 2015, 00:39
I was wondering if you guys could use another player? I have not played since 3.5 and I am new to the whole FG thing but I am a quick learner. Tuesday night works out great for me because I stay up all night because I work the night shift the second half of the week.

Devloaf
September 17th, 2015, 01:50
Sure it's not full yet just go to the game calendar through my link above and fill it out :)

Vladlock
September 17th, 2015, 05:23
Sweet done and done. Does it sound bad that I am so excited about getting back into this that I am going to make my character while I am on break at work tonight? hehe. Also going to pick up the full version so that will not be an issue. Im too lazy to read through the whole thread, does anyone have a VOIP server we are going to be using so I can get that D/L'd and ready to go?

chrisscott
September 17th, 2015, 07:07
I think we are using Skype. I have a character for this adventure I made last week using the point buy system that I am hoping to use. I'm that excited about the game too! Maybe we can post back stories etc on the forum before the actual game starts.