PDA

View Full Version : PFC - Intro 1: First Steps-Part 1: In Service to Lore - Friday Sept. 4th, 9am Eastern

Blackfoot
September 3rd, 2015, 01:13
https://static3.paizo.com/image/product/catalog/PZOP/PZOPSSINTRO1E_500.jpeg
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st level characters.

In your first mission as a Pathfinder agent, the head of the Grand Lodge sends you on a number of missions throughout the metropolis of Absalom, pitting you against traps,thieves, and even an unruly devil, all in the pursuit of knowledge.

Written by Adam Daigle.

NOTE: This is a CORE game, players must be created using the rules for the CORE Campaign (CORE Rulebook Only).

Sign up on the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1598) and Post Here to reserve a seat.

Blackfoot
September 3rd, 2015, 04:48
I 'could' start this game at Noon instead of 9am (both still eastern time) if that were generally better for folks.

Naughtydread
September 3rd, 2015, 04:52
Will be playing this character noon.

Character Name: Shagari
PFS Number: # 191824-2
Faction: Scarab Sages
Race/Class(es)/Level(s): Human - Sorcerer - 1

Blackfoot
September 3rd, 2015, 05:12
NOTE: Anyone signing up for this game, since this is pretty much last minute, please upload your character ASAP.

ALSO: BE SURE you understand what the CORE CAMPAIGN is all about. If you have questions, feel free to post them here.

Blackfoot
September 3rd, 2015, 05:21
Oh yes... one more thing. Please select a preferred time on the Game Calendar.

cmdisc
September 3rd, 2015, 09:50
I am interested, but my desktop that has my characters and chronicles is in the shop atm and I don't anticipate getting it back until early morning EST on Friday at the earliest. If this is outside your comfort window for timing, that's fine. Otherwise I have a 0xp shield-fighting paladin to offer.

Farnaby
September 3rd, 2015, 11:23
If I'm not too late, I'm in with Layni, a paladin of Iomadae.

Previous Chronicle (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byi37alIzB4raXFRUzIyOTd2SmxMMFpiRWZsZ1lXTHdQMjNv/view?usp=sharing)

BTW, thanks for running a CORE game.

cmdisc
September 3rd, 2015, 12:09
One work around is for me to use a pregen since I don't have access to my desktop characters. I'd have to look them over though to decide which one to pick.

AxitMaster
September 3rd, 2015, 12:29
I would like to make it for the game. Either a Rogue or a Cleric.

Am going to create now and send characters. Core means only things from the core rule books right? We still create as usual, with two traits, and all but are just limited from which source books we can take things?

Farnaby
September 3rd, 2015, 13:24
Just checked and I could make both times, I can only change it if I'm made active though.

Naughtydread
September 3rd, 2015, 14:10
This is my 1st CORE character.

Blackfoot
September 3rd, 2015, 15:16
I would like to make it for the game. Either a Rogue or a Cleric.

Am going to create now and send characters. Core means only things from the core rule books right? We still create as usual, with two traits, and all but are just limited from which source books we can take things?
That's basically right yes. The traits are limited to those that are in the Character Traits Web Enhancement (https://paizo.com/download/pathfinder/CharacterTraits.zip) (found only on the Additional Resources page at Paizo).. which are pretty much the same ones that are in the APG...
no Regional traits... no Religion Traits...
Just:
Combat, Faith, Magic, and Social... you CAN take a Faction Trait from the Guide to Organized Play though. 2 traits as normal.
There are some special rules for Languages and Religions as well. (less restrictive)
Other than those 3 things.. everything needs to be from the Core Rulebook.

Blackfoot
September 3rd, 2015, 15:28
Note: I have a LOT of folks on the Game Calendar but not too many posters here. Players will be accepted in the order they post. So far that's:
Naughtdread
cmdisc
Farnaby
AxitMaster

Hopefully some of these other guys will post so they can play as well.
One additional note... seeing as the game is in just about 25.5 hours... you REALLY need to post your character as part of your initial post if you wish to be a part of this. There ARE Pregens available though... so last minute folks can play a pregen.
Make sure that you've secured a PFS number from paizo.com and that your character is assigned to the Core Campaign.

I need some sort of communication to confirm any of the following players (in no particular order):
Metzik
greyeyes
DoubleGate
Rockstar

Blackfoot
September 3rd, 2015, 15:52
Also.. AxitMaster & cmdisc... please confirm the times you are available to play on the calendar.

cmdisc
September 3rd, 2015, 16:20
I confirmed the 4pm GMT game. Noon for you, I believe. And at this point I will definitely need to take a pregen unless I somehow get my desktop back in time and you're ok with a last-hour-entry. Which pregen, I'll wait and see if there are any holes in the party makeup that need filling.

Metzik
September 3rd, 2015, 17:42
Hi Blackfoot!
I'm on for the 6pm (GMT+1) game. I only have a chronicle sheet for a character I'd like to use. It's xp from two different games played with two different pregens merged into a new monk chracter. Do I create a character as usual and just transfer the info from cronicle sheet?

AxitMaster
September 3rd, 2015, 17:45
Hi Blackfoot
Character is done, but I have no portrait that is ready and suitable. Hope you have one I can use. Everything for the character should be correctly built for the CORE game and I have registered the character - PFS ID and number is in the Appearance section of the character. Please check it for anything that might be incorrect. There is one thing I purchased that is not in the equipment list of the PHB, the weapon cord, so if not allowed just let me know and I will remove it.

cmdisc
September 3rd, 2015, 18:17
Portraits are relatively simple to make. I usually just do a Goggle Images search, find the one I want, save it to my computer, open with paint or whatnot, crop it to the right size, and then drop it into my Portraits folder for FG.

Blackfoot
September 3rd, 2015, 19:28
Hi Blackfoot!
I'm on for the 6pm (GMT+1) game. I only have a chronicle sheet for a character I'd like to use. It's xp from two different games played with two different pregens merged into a new monk chracter. Do I create a character as usual and just transfer the info from cronicle sheet?
Unfortunately, Ben has already played this particular scenario AND he's not a CORE character... so this chronicle sheet cannot apply to your character for this game.
Your new character will be starting fresh as a CORE character unless you've played in another CORE scenario.. in which case you could apply a chronicle to him.
The CORE campaign tracks completely separately from the standard PFS campaign, characters CAN switch from CORE to standard but NOT the other way around. This is because CORE is limited and standard is less so.. some folks like to refer to CORE as 'hard mode' but I don't really see it myself... it's just a lot simpler in terms of what options there are and what rules you need to know at the table. It's a bit complicated when you are talking about the two campaigns of course. Whew.

Metzik
September 3rd, 2015, 20:49
ok, thanks for the info! Can I go with the Rogue pregen Merisiel, just to make it easy for myself?

Blackfoot
September 3rd, 2015, 20:51
You can, or you can get me your own character.. either way. You still have some time to get it together.. and since it's only core rules it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Blackfoot
September 3rd, 2015, 20:54
This is my 1st CORE character.
A few things:
Shagari has no Gear, no Arcane Bond Item, no Traits
I'm pretty sure Human Ethnicities exist in CORE but it would probably be good to get a clarification since everyone I've looked at so far is Human. I'll check it.

Farnaby
September 3rd, 2015, 21:16
Note: I have a LOT of folks on the Game Calendar but not too many posters here. Players will be accepted in the order they post. So far that's:
Naughtdread
cmdisc
Farnaby
AxitMaster

HAH, I got in!! :p (happy meerkat dance)

Blackfoot
September 3rd, 2015, 21:27
In addition to the languages that appear on pages 101–102 of the Core Rulebook, the following languages are legal when using Core Mode. Humans receive the language associated with their ethnicity for free, and the ethnicity that corresponds to a language appears in parentheses.
Modern Human Languages: Hallit (Kellid), Kelish (Kelishite), Osiriani (Garundi), Polyglot (Mwangi), Shadowtongue, Shoanti (Shoanti), Skald (Ulfen), Tien (Tian), Varisian (Varisian), Vudrani (Vundrani)
Ancient Languages: Ancient Osiriani, Azlanti, Cyclops, Jistka, Tekritanin, Thassilonian
Other Languages: Necril, OrvianSo apparently Ethnicities ARE legal and the Languages associated with them ARE gained. Relevant for all you humans out there.

cmdisc
September 3rd, 2015, 21:27
Once I get my desktop back tomorrow, I'll post my XML for my shield-bashing Paladin. If it arrives too late for your liking though, then I'll fall back on a pregen. Either the Fighter (for front line support), the Ranger (for missile support), or the Cleric (for healing support) depending on what the group looks like it needs.

Blackfoot
September 3rd, 2015, 21:33
Hi Blackfoot
Character is done, but I have no portrait that is ready and suitable. Hope you have one I can use. Everything for the character should be correctly built for the CORE game and I have registered the character - PFS ID and number is in the Appearance section of the character. Please check it for anything that might be incorrect. There is one thing I purchased that is not in the equipment list of the PHB, the weapon cord, so if not allowed just let me know and I will remove it.
Yeah.. no weapon cords. You DO get your 1st Outfit for Free though.. so that's 1.1 gp more in your pocket. :)

Blackfoot
September 3rd, 2015, 22:10
Farnaby, I don't see you Inventory Tracking Sheet.

AxitMaster
September 3rd, 2015, 22:37
A quick two questions.

1) If you play a Monk, Rogue or Sumonner which version do you use to create? Do you use the Core PHB rules for the three classes?

2) The PreGens are they all created with FEATs and Traits only from CORE and what about the Iconic PreGens for classes outside CORE?

Blackfoot
September 3rd, 2015, 22:50
You can't play a summoner.
You must create a rogue or monk using the core rulebook only.
You can only play CORE pregens.

deguello
September 3rd, 2015, 23:09
I am game either time. I have played it before and will bow out to a player who hasn't played it
Russ

Blackfoot
September 3rd, 2015, 23:16
I am game either time. I have played it before and will bow out to a player who hasn't played it
Russ
Russ, do you have a CORE Character who is ready to go? There are a bunch of folks on the calendar who haven't actually posted yet so they likely won't be part of this.
There is one slot still open.

deguello
September 3rd, 2015, 23:28
Russ, do you have a CORE Character who is ready to go? There are a bunch of folks on the calendar who haven't actually posted yet so they likely won't be part of this.
There is one slot still open.

I can have one ready in about an hour

Blackfoot
September 4th, 2015, 00:13
slot 1: Naughtdread - Shagari - Sorcerer (loaded)
slot 2: cmdisc - ?? (possibly a Ranger pregen - if so - loaded - if not... Shield Paladin)
slot 3: Farnaby - Layni - Paladin (loaded)
slot 4: AxitMaster - Tyldyn - Cleric (loaded)
slot 5: Metzik - ?? (possibly Rogue pregen? - if so - loaded - if not get your character to me)
slot 6: deguello - ?Lyubov?

AxitMaster
September 4th, 2015, 01:51
Cool.

Ok so first outfit is free :D So Royal Outfit it is then.

Blackfoot
September 4th, 2015, 01:52
It's gotta be 10 GP or less.. so.. I'm thinking your Royal Outfit looks a bit ragged.

deguello
September 4th, 2015, 02:10
Ok new Character, I should have just gone with the basics I didn't want to make anyone jump through hoops
Rousseau Renier "The Red Fox"

Parentage unknown
has survived by his wits on the streets but really desires to escape his racial heritage..
Neither human nor elf... He never really found a home, and just lived on the fringes...
He does however try to live well.
Think Musketeer... big hat which with his long hair he does his best to hide the outward signs of his mixed breed heritage. and the best clothes he can find.. Which are well worn and not necessarily matched together..
Pieces of his clothing are ragged and in some cases bare the final scars from the former owner.
Still its is about living well and Rousseau, I all about himself.. and appearances..
Being multitalented. He decided to take to the high seas... as a deck hand...
If his racial heritage isn't enough.. The fact that he never found his sea legs proved this course of occupation to be a dead end...
In fact he was so bothersome on board ship the ship he signed on to left him in port..
"In a world that will shanghai drunks and ruffians to fill crews..His crew leaves him in port.. The unwanted..
Now tries to find a new occupation...

Male Half elf Fighter

Ok new character 6413-3 Money not spent 103 gp faction Liberties Edge

Metzik
September 4th, 2015, 03:14
slot 1: Naughtdread - Shagari - Sorcerer (loaded)
slot 2: cmdisc - ?? (possibly a Ranger pregen - if so - loaded - if not... Shield Paladin)
slot 3: Farnaby - Layni - Paladin (loaded)
slot 4: AxitMaster - Tyldyn - Cleric (loaded)
slot 5: Metzik - ?? (possibly Rogue pregen? - if so - loaded - if not get your character to me)
slot 6: deguello - ?Lyubov?

Since deguello went for a Rogue, I'll change and go for a Monk. I don't have much time on my hands tomorrow and would like a pregen.

Blackfoot
September 4th, 2015, 04:17
since deguello went for a rogue, i'll change and go for a monk. I don't have much time on my hands tomorrow and would like a pregen.
ok...

Blackfoot
September 4th, 2015, 04:21
Ok new Character
Lyubov "Lovey" Karellia,

Parentage unknown
has survived by his wits on the streets but really desires to escape his racial heritage..
Neither human nor elf... He never really found a home, and just lived on the fringes...
Being multitalented. He decided to take to the high seas... as a deck hand...
If his racial heritage isn't enough.. The fact that he never found his sea legs proved this course of occupation to be a dead end...
In fact he was so bothersome on board ship the ship he signed on to left him in port..
"In a world that will shanghai drunks and ruffians to fill crews..His crew leaves him in port.. The unwanted..
Now tries to find a new occupation...

Male Half elf Rogue...
I need your:
PFS #
Faction:
Starting Gold:
(This is true for everyone who is bringing a new character without a previous Chronicle)
For PREGENS I just need your PFS # (assuming you are not applying this to an existing character)

Blackfoot
September 4th, 2015, 04:55
Also: Deguello... Lyubov doesn't have any character traits.

Naughtydread
September 4th, 2015, 05:54
I would like to know which resources you veteran PFS players use to browse all the items. Since the Pathfinder Society Field Guide is out of print where can I purchase new items? Currently I have been using https://archivesofnethys.com/ after someone suggested the website to me. My attempts to locate such a document or book to purchase have failed.

Blackfoot
September 4th, 2015, 06:03
You can't use most of that stuff for this game anyway. Use the Paizo PRD... it's simple and easy to find what you need. Pretty much everything you need is right there in the Core Rulebook section.

deguello
September 4th, 2015, 06:09
I don't have to play a rogue. If you have one made up I'll change to a fighter. As I have said I have played this. So my participation shouldn't interfere with your enjoyment in the least

Blackfoot
September 4th, 2015, 06:11
deguello, you forgot your traits and you missed 2 ability points. (be sure you slot your bonus stat into the highest stat)

Metzik
September 4th, 2015, 07:01
I don't have to play a rogue. If you have one made up I'll change to a fighter. As I have said I have played this. So my participation shouldn't interfere with your enjoyment in the least

Turned out I also played this one. I haven't made a new character so I'll go for a monk pregen, np for me :)

Blackfoot: # 116773-5

Blackfoot
September 4th, 2015, 07:36
Blackfoot: # 116773-5
That number is listed as a non-PFC character unfortunately, you need to set it to PFC (if you still can).

Farnaby
September 4th, 2015, 09:07
Farnaby, I don't see you Inventory Tracking Sheet.

You'll get it soon, got to go to a job interview in 30 mins.
See everyone at the game.

Metzik
September 4th, 2015, 10:19
That number is listed as a non-PFC character unfortunately, you need to set it to PFC (if you still can).

It should work now. # 116773-5

AxitMaster
September 4th, 2015, 11:03
Hi Balckfoot
All data in the list below as well as a list of purchases made, including Cleric's Vestments as free outfit.
Anything missing let me know. And I do know I forgot to fill inthe AC bonus on combat section for armor and shield. Will do this at game time :D

See you later.

PFS #: 180338-4
Faction: Silver Crusade
Gold: 4 gp, 69 sp, 9 cp

Spent Gold List:
Item # Cost Total
Scale Mail 1 50 50
Shield, Heavy Steel 1 20 20
Longsword 1 15 15
Sling 1 0 0
Bullets, sling (10) 2 0.1 0.2
Backpack 1 2 2
Waterskin 1 1 1
Traveler's Outfit 1 1 1
Cleric's Vestments 1 5 0
Rations, Trail 10 0.5 5
Bedroll 1 0.1 0.1
Holy Symbol, Silver 1 25 25
Whetstone 1 0.01 0.01
Case, Scroll 1 1 1
Scroll 1 25 25

cmdisc
September 4th, 2015, 11:27
No luck with the desktop yet, but I went ahead and recreated my shield-basher on my laptop since he's a 0xp build anyway.

PFS# 110933-11

Look him over. Love him. Hate him. But if his entry is too late, then I'll stick with the ranger pregen.

Farnaby
September 4th, 2015, 15:28
Here's my inventory (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dml16HKkm3BHPh36lLQt108hhQgBgXI4NrDhnhIWaWQ/edit?usp=sharing)

I also noted that I sent you the wrong chronicle and I couldn't find my second one so Rivver is sending it to me again.
You'll get it as soon as I do.

AxitMaster
September 4th, 2015, 15:32
Hi Balckfoot
I am truely sorry but I cannot make the game as real life has interfered at this last minute. I wish I could make it as I am going to miss out on the fun.

deguello
September 4th, 2015, 15:50
Is the server up? Or am I fouled up on my times again?

Metzik
September 4th, 2015, 16:04
I think it starts in one hour.

Blackfoot
September 5th, 2015, 00:37
Sorry.. I totally forgot Day Job rolls.. It doesn't look like anyone had an appropriate skill but if someone needs to do a task for their Faction Card let me know.

Blackfoot
September 5th, 2015, 20:09
I'll mention it here first... I'm probably going to run '#5-08: The Confirmation' sometime next week if anyone is interested. I could put it off to the following week if that made more sense. The best days for me (in the same time slot this game ran) are probably either Monday, Thursday, or Friday. I'm also free Sunday afternoon (starting at 1pm (1 hour after this game ran)). But that's kinda last minute.
Or Sunday night would be ok too... (that's tomorrow Sunday)

cmdisc
September 5th, 2015, 23:07
For all it's worth, I'll mention it here also. I have a 5-9 scenario I'm going to run in a few weeks. Then after the CON I'm going to focus on a few CORE scenarios and a 2-4 module with the intent of getting characters from 1st/2nd to 3rd/4th. So keep an eye on the Announcement thread and subscribe to it if you haven't yet. More on that later though. :)

Metzik
September 12th, 2015, 18:37
PFC - Intro 1: First Steps-Part 1: In Service to Lore
How many parts are there?

Blackfoot
September 12th, 2015, 18:40
There used to be 3.. but the second 2 parts have been retired unfortunately.

Metzik
September 12th, 2015, 18:46
Too bad, it would be nice with a follow up :)

Blackfoot
September 12th, 2015, 21:47
They have added a couple others, the story has changed a bit since these were written so rather than rewrite them.. they made new.

cmdisc
September 12th, 2015, 21:58
Marketing.

Trenloe
September 13th, 2015, 21:13
The reason the second two parts of First Paths have been retired is that they have close ties to factions that are retired (Lantern Lodge in part 2 and Shadow Lodge in part 3). It's nice to have new evergreen scenarios published, there's generally been one a season since these two parts were retired at the beginning of Season 5.