PDA

View Full Version : Ok so D20 modern VS the complete SRD (whats the diffrence?)

Foaw
September 2nd, 2015, 17:53
so i am looking to buy one of these but they seem to have a lot of the same content so i am not sure which is the better option for me. looking to have psionics and Spells that i can look up and use. I think i need to core class pack to do the drag and drop for classes but will either of these get me equipment drag and drop functions and weight trackers? And are either of these in the core class pack?? (i plan on buying it in the near future) Any more info on these that would clarify what books they cover and and if the prestige classes are drag and drop Would be most helpful. and Thanks in advance!!

Moon Wizard
September 3rd, 2015, 06:33
These data packs were built many years ago, when d20 Modern and the SRD were still new, and Fantasy Grounds had much fewer features.

The d20 Modern ruleset is very basic, and does not have all the features that the more recent rulesets do. It does have all the sheets and basic data to play the game. I haven't played it, but my guess is that the drag and drop support is limited to basic equipment.

Other than psionics and epic data, the Complete SRD is pretty much not needed, since most of the data is provided in the 3.5E ruleset provided data packs. Also, you can lookup most info using your web browser. My guess is that the psionics and epic data will be mostly just for reference during the game with very little to no automation.

Regards,
JPG