PDA

View Full Version : Jason's Tavern [Spots Open]

jasonthelamb
September 1st, 2015, 18:15
So, because I DM - I figured I would just make an all inclusive thread that detailed each game I was running, and what availability there was in it.

These are a couple of rules that are intended for all games.
1) If you cannot play a certain week, contact me. I can't stress this enough - people seem to think it's OK not showing up... every character plays a vital role.
2) A good headset and mic are required. All of my games are voice based, while I allow typing for actions on occasion - I expect everybody to talk.
3) I would like to talk about the character and player before the game. I don't want a PM that says "Here's my character, see you on _____".
4) All of my games use a Virtual Audio Cable to play music for background music. Sometimes we have a little fun with it. Having a sense of humor is a must for these games.
5) While not needed, but recommended, I use Skype - not for voice, but to create a group that we can all post/talk in during the week... most of the time not even discussing the game - just getting to know players even better (which I think is something everyone should do).

Game One

https://i.imgur.com/0IhrVly.png

Looking for one person.
Friday nights, 9PM-1AM Eastern (GMT -5)
7th Level
25 Point Buy
No stat below 9 after racials
7th Level Starting gold
Cannot spent more than 50% of starting gold on an item
Everyone is kept on same XP track.
Game is considered 'hard', at seventh level I am not as forgiving as I am in lower tier play.
Party consists of: Bard, Monk, Hunter, Kinetikist, and Magus.

This is a harder game, like I said - I am not as forgiving when it comes to fights because of the number of PCs, level, and time played together. I'm not the type of DM to try and kill players or TPK, but instead make each fight challenging and memorable - instead of blowing through hobgoblin trash all night.

Game two

https://i.imgur.com/iZEwk4T.png

Looking for one-two person(s).
Saturday afternoons; 3PM-6:30PM Eastern (-5 GMT)
1st Level
25 Point Buy
No stat below 9 after racials
1st Level Starting gold
Cannot spent more than 50% of starting gold on an item
Everyone is kept on same XP track.
Party consists of: Fighter, Inquisitor, Wizard, and Barbarian

This is a new game, just played one shortened session where we introduced each other and did around 1/3 of the first part of the book. Just looking for a person (or possibly two if it's the right fit) to round out the party.

Game Three

https://i.imgur.com/YnyjOVs.png

Sunday Nights, 9PM-1AM[ish]; Eastern (-5 GMT)
Looking for 2-4 people to play.
More of a cinematic telling of War of the Dead
Easy to learn ruleset
More cinematic - not so rules-heavy
Looking for players who can play a realistic character and not metagame

This is the newest game, it hasn't even started yet. I'm looking to start at some point in September. This game will be both survival-based and horror themed.

If you have any questions, please feel free to message me on here or on skype!

Taonna
September 1st, 2015, 21:15
Rwar

GenSmicer
September 1st, 2015, 21:35
That was.... errm, well... very on topic :p.

Taonna
September 1st, 2015, 21:45
Let me correct it Rwar, I'm in two of the three listed games as a player. Howdy I play the kineticist as well as one of the savage worlds characters.

GenSmicer
September 1st, 2015, 21:58
Oh that explains more :p. Btw where do I read what game is what? Because I not see any ruleset used or such stuff :p. Are they all savage world?

Game 2 I might be able to do, should be close to midnight for me as I'm GMT +1, so would be around 9-12:30 I guess.

GenSmicer
September 1st, 2015, 22:29
Unless the pictures that not seem to load for me should have told me that :p

Taonna
September 1st, 2015, 22:34
Yes the pictures cover it but for simplicity Game 1 Pathfinder, Game 2 Pathfinder, game 3 Savage worlds

GenSmicer
September 1st, 2015, 22:42
Ah well that helps me, as the pictures somehow seem to have failed to load for me. Hmm, and the only game I can play in you are not in, how ironic lols :p.

darrenan
September 1st, 2015, 23:18
Yes the pictures cover it but for simplicity Game 1 Pathfinder, Game 2 Pathfinder, game 3 Savage worlds

Game 1 Pathfinder Iron Gods, Game 2 Pathfinder Giantslayer, Game 3 Savage Worlds War of the Dead. Hope that helps.

lordbeanis
September 2nd, 2015, 04:01
It looks like you still need someone for your Iron God's on Friday nights. I would be interested in playing in this. Previously I was able to play through most of book one in a home game group but that has fallen apart. If I play I will have some knowledge of the AP and setting, but none of what is currently transpiring.

Taonna
September 2nd, 2015, 06:00
What would you play lordbeans?

lordbeanis
September 2nd, 2015, 16:28
Based on the party build for Iron Gods, you seem light on a tank and on healing. I have played lots of clerics lately so I would want to do something else. Probably a Paladin depending on the alignment dynamic of the group.

Taonna
September 2nd, 2015, 17:59
I mean I'm a defensive character with lots of hp so just play whatever you want to play

jasonthelamb
September 12th, 2015, 20:25
Update!

Iron Gods is full

Giantslayers is looking for two players!

War of the Dead is looking for two players!

GenSmicer
September 15th, 2015, 08:33
So what happened with your skype?

jasonthelamb
October 25th, 2015, 03:36
Bumping!
Friday night is looking for ONE PLAYER [possibly two, if the fit is good]
Saturday afternoon is looking for ONE PLAYER

Gargomaxthalus
October 25th, 2015, 13:38
How does this look for your Giantslayers game?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yu2lp00za8upu7s/AABVppUfzh7GHFKt3Jz6AFRxa?dl=0

Life should have been good for Kithalia, hard perhaps,but good. For the first few years it was. She lived in among the Skar-Quah an Shoanti tribe of Varissia near the Mindspin Mountains with loving parents and no shortage of freinds. She had been born an Idyllkin, an Assimar of Agathion heritage. Hee many feline features seperated her from the rest but her good natured personality stron will and unearthly beauty endeared her to everyone she met.For 6 years she lived a idyllic life then came the orcs of Belkzen.

The greenskinned raiders poured from the mountains in a horde of at least a thousand. The tribes manged to drive them back but Kithalia's family was seperated from their tribe and her parents were slaughtered before her. The bereft girl was left to wander the desolate Storval Plateau with little hope of survival until she encountered a pride of stange golden lions who bore a suprising resemblence to her. For the next twelve years she lived among the pride growing strong and learning to wield drudic power. Eventually it came time for her to set out on her own whith a young lioness named Kithini. For the las t decade they have stalked the many biomes of Varissia fighting against the great darkness that hangs over the region.

Now Kithalia has decided that the time has come to head into the heart of Belkzan to strike a mighty blow against the ors whom she has grown to despise more than any other group. Her journey through the Mindspin mountains has led to her discovering that a new darkness is brewing in the region and her cestial and Shoanti blodd boils at the thought of facing this new challenge. She now finds herself near the town of Trunau..........

Despite the many hardships of her life Kithalia has maintained a child-like exuberance for life and is always happy to make a new friend. Her unusual upbrining has left her surprisingly naive and unflinching in her views of good and evil. If has little knowelge outside of that of the wilderness and is always quick to pick a side in a fight and dive in head first with kithini at her side.

Omen
October 25th, 2015, 16:44
Newbie looking for a game and help with the initial learning curve

At least know I with to attempt to play some kind of support or investigative character

Daedalus
October 28th, 2015, 16:34
Hey Jason, are you running any games? Because this thread didn't make that very clear :)

All kidding aside, I would love to be in your War of the Dead Game